What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Patched a couple of the holes that were discovered after the sand blaster. Cleaned all the vehicle seams better, hit all the internal parts of the body with rust converter and then an internal coating. Going to hit it with epoxy primer again and then seam seal and lizard skin the bottom.
BE9C1F78-DD4F-496E-81B8-24A5D321ABDB.jpeg

53260EDA-C819-48E2-AEA1-5C0935DFD406.jpeg

Last edited:
More of a discovery than something I did. This unusual hot weather we're experiencing in northern Michigan seems to have improved the ride in our FJ-40. The tires probably are rolling a bit softer and less rattles. ed

This week made a push to finish getting my old 40 road worthy. Been 6 years since it was last on the road which is too long.
serviced the rear axle. Checked on condition of the old detroit locker I've had in it the past 16 yrs and compared to a couple other options (a well used auburn and factory lsd). Was strongly considering the 80 series lsd but it could really use a new clutch pack so decided to stick with the detroit after all. Checked and adjusted brakes, good enough for now.
Finished cleaning up wheels and pulled the 255/85/16s from my bj60 for it. Since I'm not working at the moment a new set of tires didn't seem wise.
Put plates on it and now its about ready to put on some miles and see what's what.

IMG_2538a.JPG

IMG_2545a.JPG

IMG_2548a.JPG

Looks good. did you tig it or mig? I want to do stainless exhaust but only have mig....for now. Curious if mig would look good enough.

Its TiG but the welds that show are mostly ground down. The MIG welds that we have done at the exhaust shop look decent.

i have dug deeper then to china for nos / new 2F related Carburetor Accelerator linkage parts for various 40 & 55 series projects i have going on at the moment ......

well , much like the Mystery of OAK island in
Nova Scotia currently being researched and its related too ....

if you dig deep enough , you will eventually find something relevant and indeed fascinating TECH. too ..... :D

having plenty of these little rascals lying around now to solve lotz of my weekly land cruiser problems for sure :)

78108 / 78103

ROD , Sub. Assy.
- fully adjustable to articulate

- will adjust out to a long enough F1.5 needed length , say 1974-1974 linkage set up's

- also , both a early 2F and a 8/80 - later 2F FJ40 & FJ60 up till 9/87 when the short carb. side rod ball and socket holes switched on one side or flipped in position , and the rod however stayed the same in length...

1593644208726.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

78103 / 78104

ROD , Sub. Assy.

1593644066110.png

8/80 - 1984

total linkage set up

- note: as long as you have the correct Later ball and socket carb bracket and horizontal torque rod like shown below , you

- can plug and play / repair / restore any 1/75 - 7/80 2F FJ40 set up as well too .....

- note : FJ55 2F set up very very different and not really compatible in any way ... :confused:

1593646074518.png

1593646153237.png

1593646177584.png

Last edited:
Finally starting the assembly. Got the tub mounted with the help of my two neighbors. Starting to look like a '77 FJ40. Pics of the whole rebuild now being sorted and labeled to post in the near future.

What wheels are those?

Made by a company called Braid, the FJ Company had them built for their high $ builds, I couldn’t afford a whole truck, but the wheels were competitively priced with other 16” steel replica wheels.

The narrow tire and ~22 lbs Per wheel offered a good combination.

Made by a company called Braid, the FJ Company had them built for their high $ builds, I couldn’t afford a whole truck, but the wheels were competitively priced with other 16” steel replica wheels.

The narrow tire and ~22 lbs Per wheel offered a good combination.
Ok neat, so they come with clips for the hubcaps then? Thanks!

Ok neat, so they come with clips for the hubcaps then? Thanks!

Yes, stock OEM hubcaps fit With the included clips or they will sell the wheels with new hubcaps for an extra charge.

The clips are held on by Allen bolts so they can be removed and run just a bare wheel.

Did a search and couldn’t find braid steel wheels anyone have a link..

Did a search and couldn’t find braid steel wheels anyone have a link..
Sold out

Sold out
Nice wheels
1593659790408.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom