What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (103 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wonder how they handle this on Monica?

I wonder how they handle this on Monica?
It would probably help people help you if you either hit the "quote" and "reply" button, or mentioned something about what post you are commenting on.

One of these what?

One of the rubber trim pieces for the gutters. LHS between B and C pillars.
20200702_075501.jpg
20200702_075348.jpg

I believe #2 from the link.

My 2020 was missing this as well....same exact piece. 6 miles on it. Dealer ordering replacement from JP.

I just turned 10k so hopefully they'll replace it and not say it was me when I was messing about with the roof rack as I only removed the basket and removed and reinstalled crossbars. I also have a rattle in a headrest that I need to address. I'm optimistic that it'll be a quick diagnosis and they can just order parts while I keep my cruiser.

My 2020 was missing this as well....same exact piece. 6 miles on it. Dealer ordering replacement from JP.

I know Lexus stocks these domestically.

FWIW, they do not actually seal anything, so you are not in jeopardy without them. Mine have been gone for almost three years in all weather—zero issues.

Agreed, but lack of these mouldings may cause issues with proper drainage. As tbisaacs picture showed in post # 9369, debris can build up and may cause water to pool by the roof rack mounting holes.

Agreed, but lack of these mouldings may cause issues with proper drainage. As tbisaacs picture showed in post # 9369, debris can build up and may cause water to pool by the roof rack mounting holes.

Perhaps, but the mountings do not prevent moisture and crud from getting under them anyway. When mine came off...lots of crud/residue under them. I suspect they are for visual impression and not much more...but meh... i dontknow.

Finished my $200 TJM bumper project.
(Actually these things are never finished, and it cost me a little over $500 once finished.)

Picked it up in rusty, sad condition from @LukisStyles after he swapped it out for a new one. Here's the original photo:
IMG_0732.jpg

And here it is after blasting, hammering, straightening, TLC, elbow grease, and several coats of Rustoleum hammered paint:
20200702_162303_resized.jpg

The smaller tinted lights are DRL/turn combos. I'm going to try some ARB light inserts if I can find a used set for cheap. 🤔

Finished my $200 TJM bumper project.
(Actually these things are never finished, and it cost me a little over $500 once finished.)

Picked it up in rusty, sad condition from @LukisStyles after he swapped it out for a new one. Here's the original photo:
View attachment 2359754

And here it is after blasting, hammering, straightening, TLC, elbow grease, and several coats of Rustoleum hammered paint:
View attachment 2359800

The smaller tinted lights are DRL/turn combos. I'm going to try some ARB light inserts if I can find a used set for cheap. 🤔
that is absolutely amazing. well done!!

Has your rig ever gone through one of those car washes were at the last stage you are air dried with high velocity air from the top of the exit? The second time I went through one of these I saw a piece of something fly off the roof. I waited for someone to shut it down and I found that same fill trim piece on the ground. I removed the remaining pieces and put them in a box on a shelf.

Has your rig ever gone through one of those car washes were at the last stage you are air dried with high velocity air from the top of the exit? The second time I went through one of these I saw a piece of something fly off the roof. I waited for someone to shut it down and I found that same fill trim piece on the ground. I removed the remaining pieces and put them in a box on a shelf.

No

One of the rubber trim pieces for the gutters. LHS between B and C pillars.

I believe #2 from the link.

I just checked on my 2020. All in place but there is a plastic piece with two arrows holding rubber seal down down. It came off very easy on one side and noticed that it is missing on one side metal tab to hold it down. I assume the plastic piece came out first and then you lost the longer piece. Now need to stop by the dealer to order the replacement piece with two arrows. Thanks for heads up as I would be in the same situation sooner or later.

Last edited:
Sometimes I love eBay.

New Havis Dock For Dell Rugged - $115 shipped.
Used RAM Pod iii mount - $65 shipped.

Definitely one of the better things I’ve spent 200 bucks on. Don’t check my math.
DE3C3AF3-C825-4111-B97A-22640A753DAF.jpeg

0CC76831-2FF9-485F-8B64-59E64889F7C7.jpeg

915A0CFC-AAFA-4D11-8C1E-CF7BFF2C3483.jpeg

Last edited:

following up here. After cleaning out the roof gutters I’ve had no issues in last 3 days of drizzle.

I did order new mouldings just to be safe. My hope is that it keeps gunk from building up.

following up here. After cleaning out the roof gutters I’ve had no issues in last 3 days of drizzle.

I did order new mouldings just to be safe. My hope is that it keeps gunk from building up.

I think you should be watertight regardless of gutter buildup. I used #2 form-a-gasket between my gutter and standoffs, but also filled the standoff and coated my bolts before I shoved them into the holes. Then, I made sure to squeeze some in between the bolt head and the rack. There's no clean way to do this...

Amazon product ASIN B000HBM6NG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom