What have you done to your 200 Series this week?

I guess I never considered that it wouldn’t have clear coat, I assumed most new cars did...looking at it it’s conceivable that it has a white base coat with a pearl top coat, I am not sure how to tell. I was somewhat curious why the color costs a premium.
There is nothing conclusive on the internets. What are your thoughts? I don’t have the experience to tell. Anything you shouldn’t do detail/maintenance wise if it does/doesn’t?

Toyota has had a bad reputation with their white paints in the past - seems to be a domestic production issue Only though.

There is nothing conclusive on the internets. What are your thoughts? I don’t have the experience to tell. Anything you shouldn’t do detail/maintenance wise if it does/doesn’t?

Toyota has had a bad reputation with their white paints in the past - seems to be a domestic production issue Only though.
Typically with non-clear coat cars when detailed with an orbital polisher or any kind of mechanical polisher, there is a transfer of paint to the pad. Now it's hard to tell with the white in question (I have the same white on my 16' lc200) but when I decontaminated mine and started polishing with a micro fiber cutting pad, I got no paint transfer at all. Which leads me to believe there is a clear coat, probably a very thin one at that Toyota isn't known for great paint. I also believe Toyota's issue with single stage white paint was with the "brilliant white" I've only seen it on lower trim level Tundras and Tacoma's up to the year 2014. I've been detailing cars for a while FYI.

1carnut

GOLD Star
Got my Odyssey group 35 in today and I got it mounted to Slee's tray in about 15 minutes.
Next is a DC to DC charger like a Redarc.
Does anyone know of a good installer in the greater Baltimore area?
View attachment 2345382
What's the advantage of upgrading the stock battery to the Odyssey group 35? Does this reduce or at least delay :) the need to add a 2nd battery?

slowpok3

SILVER Star

Oil and filter change today, plus added some really cool gadgets. :) 114K miles, 5K and 10 months since the last.

Took me longer than I'd like to admit to set up the Jowett Filter housing. Eventually found all the tidbits on Mud. Bend the tabs out of the way on the support tube, and don't need anything else but the spring. No leaks, will be watching on a 350 mile roadtrip tomorrow to Avon NC.

IMG_5713.jpg

Markuson

SILVER Star

Working on the full bull bar option for the new full replacement bumper. View attachment 2351988
Definitely looks great.

Wondering where you would place this on the strength-o-meter.

For example... ARB’s Sahara Bar describes its optional hoop as “decorative” in contrast to the animal-strike protection strength of its full bull-bar models like the “Deluxe” (which we usually refer to as an ARB bull bar...).

What would you classify this as?

Seeing that I have the exact same rig, where did you get your sensor lift and chrome delete done? Already got the Sliders😜 Oh, and it looks great.
Sensor lift is performed in your driveway with a 8mm or 10mm one end wrench and five min. Look in the AHC thread for a step by step

Top Bottom