What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (62 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great, definitely blazing your own trail! Where did you get those Land Cruiser emblems? Are they the exact one’s on the heritage edition or just similar?

I got them from my local dealer.
Part number: 75370-60020
A20354ED-E691-47F4-8857-1A143B49A57D.jpeg
3757D527-6B17-4F34-91F2-C17C976BBAFF.jpeg
D9110A1B-4168-40F8-899B-3D618A90F1A7.jpeg
C4E1171E-65BD-43E9-B66E-29FE83C5572A.jpeg

They did require some prep too. They come with 4 studs sticking out of the bottom I had to hacksaw those off then I had to add the 3M double sided backing.

It’s the emblem found on the 60 and 70 series cruisers.

As far as I know the emblem on the heritage edition is from the 40.

I got them from my local dealer.
Part number: 75370-60020
View attachment 2086386View attachment 2086387View attachment 2086388View attachment 2086389
They did require some prep too. They come with 4 studs sticking out of the bottom I had to hacksaw those off then I had to add the 3M double sided backing.

It’s the emblem found on the 60 and 70 series cruisers.

As far as I know the emblem on the heritage edition is from the 40.

Awesome, thanks for the info! You’re right, I just looked at the heritage edition more closely and they’re definitely 40 emblems. Those have 4 studs as well so would require some prep and are more narrow in places so I would think 3m tape wouldn’t work quite as well with those - probably what Toyota did though on the 2020 heritage so maybe I’ll try it!

New hatch glass... not a fun project :(

20190902_130053.jpg

20190919_141443.jpg

Undoubtedly a story with that... Did you remove the spoiler or did the “event” do that for you?

No, we removed to install the new glass. That is the roughest part. It’s retained by 4 bolts, 3 tough clips and about 2’ of adhesive tape from the factory. Spoiler is back on now, as is the wiper.

I was towing a trailer out to our family property in remote Nevada. “Pop”, looked back to see a golf ball size blister and could literally hear the glass cracking. We used up a roll of ductape securing the edges. The tint film did a decent job of holding the rest together. I opted for OEM glass so the repair stung! Common happening with trailers and gravel. When traveling in Australia we’ve fitted rock guards between the truck and trailer.

No, we removed to install the new glass. That is the roughest part. It’s retained by 4 bolts, 3 tough clips and about 2’ of adhesive tape from the factory. Spoiler is back on now, as is the wiper.

I was towing a trailer out to our family property in remote Nevada. “Pop”, looked back to see a golf ball size blister and could literally hear the glass cracking. We used up a roll of ductape securing the edges. The tint film did a decent job of holding the rest together. I opted for OEM glass so the repair stung! Common happening with trailers and gravel. When traveling in Australia we’ve fitted rock guards between the truck and trailer.
Understood.

Do you have this type of flap to help avoid that or would this type of thing not be practical for some reason?

D81C212F-56BA-464E-955F-EC296C69C752.jpeg

I have towed quite a bit just mostly in the east and not camp trailers off pavement. I would like to correct that hence the curiosity.

Understood.

Do you have this type of flap to help avoid that or would this type of thing not be practical for some reason?

View attachment 2087269

I have towed quite a bit just mostly in the east and not camp trailers off pavement. I would like to correct that hence the curiosity.

I don’t currently have any flaps beyond the stockers. I don’t tow a trailer off-road often these days so I don’t know that I’d even worry about it,,, until I blow out another window.

Sorry to hear about the window.

For your roof rack lights what path did you use to get the wires up there for the lights?

There are not currently any rack mounted lights. On customer builds we've done bulkhead junctions, run them up the front w/s channel or come out of the back door with a sleeved line.

I installed the ARB twin air compressor today. Still need to do the electrical and run the line for the air coupler.

IMG_0823.jpg

Very nice. Did you do the wrap? Did you remove them from the doors or wrap in place?

I want to do the same thing, similar color.
Ditto. Did you do that yourself or pay someone? I tried myself and failed miserably at not having bubbles everywhere. Quote to do the back hatch chrome alone was $350 so I laughed and walked out before asking about the side door strips.

Ditto. Did you do that yourself or pay someone? I tried myself and failed miserably at not having bubbles everywhere. Quote to do the back hatch chrome alone was $350 so I laughed and walked out before asking about the side door strips.
I did it myself (first time) nothing removed. Ordered wrap from Amazon , $10.00 (1' X 5') enough for all 4 doors ! Very easy once you get the hang of it. Exacto knife and a little patience.

had my new cabin carpet delivered. Time for a much needed complete tear down of the interior and deep clean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom