Rear interior lift up door LED - 200 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure if this is the right place to post but I have been making these up for 200 Landcruisers in Australia and selling them.

I sell them for $190Au in Australia if anyone is interested message us and I can quote postage to your location
Payments threw PayPal
Please PM and I will reply ASAP.

Only 1x (Light Gray) Interior panel colour

**Fits 200 Series Landcruiser Sahara 2012-2019 (only) with electric rear lift up tailgate.

Plugs into factory wiring No cutting, soldering or running extra wiring or fuses.
Install it yourself in under 2mins!!

Rear 9w Led light operators when rear lift up tailgate opens also has over ride switch on/off to have the 9w Led Light off when tailgate is open.

9w Cree LED High Quality
Operational Hours = 50,000+ hours (more than 5 year continuous use)
Aluminum Casing to assist with heat distribution

120° degree angle Led.

Fused through factory vehicle wiring.

Blue illuminated push button switch.

Fitting Instructions provide with item

*Light times out after 20mins to prevent battery going flat if left open. Can be reset by simply opening and closing up liftup tailgate again

*Light switches on automatically when lift up tailgate is open and can be overridden so lift up tailgate is open and light is switched off.

20180823_184037.jpg

20180823_183326.jpg

20180823_095959.jpg

20180823_184023.jpg

Last edited:
PM'd!

Definitely won't work with the 3rd row exit kit!
When you say 3rd row exit kit, you mean the push button on the plastic cover that is inside the vehicle?
(Our Australian models don't come with these)

I could make a design that keeps the factory switch that opens from the inside and still have the LED light and light switch incorporated into it.

This is perfect for our two-row.

My third row has been gone since the day I took delivery. I camp in the back of the truck on top of the drawers, and it's nearly imperative to have the exit row kit if you do that.

When you say 3rd row exit kit, you mean the push button on the plastic cover that is inside the vehicle?
(Our Australian models don't come with these)

I could make a design that keeps the factory switch that opens from the inside and still have the LED light and light switch incorporated into it.

Search a bit if you want to learn what that is. We don't get it in the US either, but those who value the ability to get out of the back for camping, kids, etc. have installed an OEM exit switch and handle from Cruiser Outfitters. It occupies the exact spot your light does.

PB9H1k8EhzbsiaNXTmrCrP02XZ-I9xv8nxdWcnuzLJsj7v_Xdx32IvC9Yv3RyOoK1Oxp_NLpSh9TgoQ-XQa8HiqSGxojfR7-je3eX1EcxxAlQt8UY5oeo4yWIVcf1bqF9PT2TxsaJdmkV23wVMrO5d6Of56-CsmnOjhIukNG5OGlG1I91_gCKfq3F4NUi6-DsvVPqP7mgTUAeAbo5pKhi7UuC3wR2Se71mGJEoE0RWS7ui5XvO6GrUxwt9fyIvs4Rt5oeux-HikgryPbGAXap79yo3cQYGKrg33r6-uRQx3UspGubKVbyK3v6Jgyw2C2ozgRyJriJ6Y6demoi0BiqOuqwXU2Y97M4eM9SXpWF2aKanR0zxNLF6-43LCqWz0fIgeV8GTIh2iTVozG0XuSUiQHPAfntmn_qqxmTQs2ANNe5P4MQCzDEnPgf865roeVv7ZegXe0aFP7N2Z2KiFgZ_jUG-GyAF0YEQ9PkAHqGEF5wPodTvmn90-vLdp5lJ9zL0Fa4tpXAu6HPkItsS-oM4ENZtO7_AS__NB65Fh4pPOHWoC5cCc079f836Tk_sL9mmtApSm4708JxlL4Sjp6TmHuoGya_n_4XPK6zzzxJ9kM3ZnccvS3LHzSZ0x0EDpG0MJWrmMDZmkuQT8D5nCkHr8XPV5HP2FePMXWxkcovHfpu5OVI3WkLUiyJndxdpPkCbZStUH06ZYzb0mYvUy2C4t0MQ=w1454-h969-no

There’s always the side doors to exit from and you have your key fob button that opens the rear lift gate as well.

I do like the idea of using one though but I hate the National Luna light option, tough choice.

My third row has been gone since the day I took delivery. I camp in the back of the truck on top of the drawers, and it's nearly imperative to have the exit row kit if you do that.

Search a bit if you want to learn what that is. We don't get it in the US either, but those who value the ability to get out of the back for camping, kids, etc. have installed an OEM exit switch and handle from Cruiser Outfitters. It occupies the exact spot your light does.

PB9H1k8EhzbsiaNXTmrCrP02XZ-I9xv8nxdWcnuzLJsj7v_Xdx32IvC9Yv3RyOoK1Oxp_NLpSh9TgoQ-XQa8HiqSGxojfR7-je3eX1EcxxAlQt8UY5oeo4yWIVcf1bqF9PT2TxsaJdmkV23wVMrO5d6Of56-CsmnOjhIukNG5OGlG1I91_gCKfq3F4NUi6-DsvVPqP7mgTUAeAbo5pKhi7UuC3wR2Se71mGJEoE0RWS7ui5XvO6GrUxwt9fyIvs4Rt5oeux-HikgryPbGAXap79yo3cQYGKrg33r6-uRQx3UspGubKVbyK3v6Jgyw2C2ozgRyJriJ6Y6demoi0BiqOuqwXU2Y97M4eM9SXpWF2aKanR0zxNLF6-43LCqWz0fIgeV8GTIh2iTVozG0XuSUiQHPAfntmn_qqxmTQs2ANNe5P4MQCzDEnPgf865roeVv7ZegXe0aFP7N2Z2KiFgZ_jUG-GyAF0YEQ9PkAHqGEF5wPodTvmn90-vLdp5lJ9zL0Fa4tpXAu6HPkItsS-oM4ENZtO7_AS__NB65Fh4pPOHWoC5cCc079f836Tk_sL9mmtApSm4708JxlL4Sjp6TmHuoGya_n_4XPK6zzzxJ9kM3ZnccvS3LHzSZ0x0EDpG0MJWrmMDZmkuQT8D5nCkHr8XPV5HP2FePMXWxkcovHfpu5OVI3WkLUiyJndxdpPkCbZStUH06ZYzb0mYvUy2C4t0MQ=w1454-h969-no
Nice that is a great idea.
I could make that work still just that the factory switch like on that one wouldn't be used.

There’s always the side doors to exit from and you have your key fob button that opens the rear lift gate as well.

I do like the idea of using one though but I hate the National Luna light option, tough choice.

Not sure about the LX but the earlier LC’s do not have a power rear hatch, so no clicker option. If you don’t like National Luna, you could always install a different brand.

Not sure about the LX but the earlier LC’s do not have a power rear hatch, so no clicker option. If you don’t like National Luna, you could always install a different brand.

LX have had the power lift gate for some time now, our 2019 has it as well. I’m leaning towards trying one of these

If you really wanted this kit but wanted the rear exit, you could make it work. Any momentary switch would work in any location. It’s just up to you if you want to have a smaller switch offset or even on an interior panel not on the hatch. You’d just have to run the wires into the hatch. The Cruiser Outfitters kit is just that, a kit. They made it easy and convenient.

If you really wanted this kit but wanted the rear exit, you could make it work. Any momentary switch would work in any location. It’s just up to you if you want to have a smaller switch offset or even on an interior panel not on the hatch. You’d just have to run the wires into the hatch. The Cruiser Outfitters kit is just that, a kit. They made it easy and convenient.

So in theory I should be able to run the Cruiser Outfitters kit with the handle along with this light and then simply mount the flush exit switch anywhere else that I like in the rear cargo area, correct?

So in theory I should be able to run the Cruiser Outfitters kit with the handle along with this light and then simply mount the flush exit switch anywhere else that I like in the rear cargo area, correct?
Yes, correct

Well I am in for one, Brendan should have it on it's way early next week. I look forward to having this in the LX.

I just checked, it looks like there should be enough room if you wanted to install the Cruiser Outfitters kit without extending any wires. The wire harness looks to be long enough that if you mounted the switch on either side, you should be fine.

EDD94ACA-2D18-4AD2-8759-B0703EACB942.jpeg

I just checked, it looks like there should be enough room if you wanted to install the Cruiser Outfitters kit without extending any wires. The wire harness looks to be long enough that if you mounted the switch on either side, you should be fine.

View attachment 1910340

Either side of the handle?

For the most part. You can see the cavities in the hatch on either side of where my switch is located. In my picture, one of the cavities I’m referring to is on the right, you can see the wire harness for a license plate light. Whatever side you choose to mount the switch, I’d use the license plate light from that side to make it easier for the wire harness to reach. Also, the standard location for the Cruiser Outfitters kit has it on the small panel that you can remove. If you mount it to the large panel, you will not be able to disconnect it before removing said panel. As you can see, that’s not a problem removing without disconnecting. Just don’t let the panel drop while removing.

For the most part. You can see the cavities in the hatch on either side of where my switch is located. In my picture, one of the cavities I’m referring to is on the right, you can see the wire harness for a license plate light. Whatever side you choose to mount the switch, I’d use the license plate light from that side to make it easier for the wire harness to reach. Also, the standard location for the Cruiser Outfitters kit has it on the small panel that you can remove. If you mount it to the large panel, you will not be able to disconnect it before removing said panel. As you can see, that’s not a problem removing without disconnecting. Just don’t let the panel drop while removing.

Thanks for the clarification. So I can mount it to either side of the small access panel and still reach an acceptable power source to splice into?! I will be using the small panel for the LED light I am getting from Brendan.

@Brendan, sorry if this has derailed your thread to some degree, that was not my intention. Looking forward to getting the light.

Yep, wouldn’t be a problem. I’d probably take it 6-12” away center but when you’re ready to install the kit, you’ll see how much room you need. In the off chance you do need to, extending the CO wire harness a few inches is not hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom