What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took the family to a local state park (Pocahontas) camping trip and am continually impressed with the 200. It tows the Airstream very well.
20181006_094458.jpg

Looks like the Alabama Hills, near Lone Pine, CA. The first shot is sort of the archetypal photo of the Eastern Sierras from there and the rocks in the third photo confirm it. Nice trip up I5-14-395 for you! (I grew up in SoCal and my folks have a place in Tahoe, so I've driven up 395 more times than any person should have to!)

Correct! Alabama Hills.

Change the oil and filter on a new to me 2009 LX570. It has a small oil leak(one drip per day) from the filter area and the tabs were broken off, so I purchased the aluminum filter cap and a fumoto valve. When Removing the old filter cap I had to use a 3' breaker bar to get it off... My guess is the gasket was not replaced or nicked and they kept tightening it to get it to stop leaking... Also replaced cabin air filter.

Well do ya?

25EA20CA-6E53-4723-B327-B4220CD3FB01.jpeg

8C0BF66F-834C-46FC-96D8-70E7BFA436B7.jpeg

I have seeeen the liiiiiight!!

(Buggy Whip FTW...!) :hillbilly:

M

Last edited:
Whoa, uber light saber.

Picked up a sidekick for my 200 yesterday.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Took a road trip down to southern CT today to meet the PO of my truck, and pick up the original 18" rims that he still had up in his attic.

IMG_20181014_190142.jpg

I guess when the factory tires wore out he decided to upgrade the rims too, so he bought a set of RW rims and put these away. He gave me the rims with sensors still installed and all the lug nuts. Super nice guy. All it cost we was a couple tanks of gas and about 9 hours of driving (damned Mass Pike traffic).

These will get cleaned up and a new set of Nokian snow tires installed in a few weeks.

Just ordered a Front Runner roof rack. Someone please keep me from spending money on this vehicle until 2019....please.

Simple: Send your new roof rack to ME...so you’re not spending money on YOUR truck in 2018...
:hillbilly: <It’s simple mathematics!

Last edited:
Finally finished up the custom front fender flares to match J's front bumper. View attachment 1809069
you weren't in Louisville KY a few weeks ago were you? I saw a white truck very similar to yours not to long ago - had me thinking
thanks

you weren't in Louisville KY a few weeks ago were you? I saw a white truck very similar to yours not to long ago - had me thinking
thanks
No, we live in the destin Fla. Area. Sounds like we have another all white 2 Hundy runnin around. Lol Mike

Flushed the brakes, changed the PCV valve, and replaced spark plugs at 130k miles. However, the PCV was gummed up and clogged, while half the spark plug tubes had significant oil in them.

The world wide webs tell me that oil in the spark plug tubes happens quite a bit on this engine, but I can't help but wonder if the failed PCV valve contributed by raising the pressure in the crankcase.

Either way, parts are on order for a valve cover gasket and tube seal job next weekend. Something to look forward to.:poop::poop::poop:
Hey @Hoosier Daddy , noticed you are in a 2010 LC too. Could you share part number and source on the PCV valve? It’s on my list of:banana: jobs that I can knock out in a short amount of time (along with heater t’s), etc.
Thanks in advance!
T

12204-38010

$5.98 at my local Toyota dealer.

You'll need a 22mm deep socket, IIRC. Maybe 23mm. My memory ain't what it used to be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• JAS4
Back
Top Bottom