What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

F5131414-B8DB-4978-9E93-854BDC27C514.jpeg
Got some new shoes Ridge Grapplers 285/70/17 I have to wait till I my UCA then I’ll go 75 next set

The shifter was looking pretty bad -- PO had scraped off most of the wood-look print. Made this out of African blackwood.
View attachment 1813379

That's pretty sweet! How hard was that to do? I'm pretty fed up with the fake plastic wood, and have a nice scrap of black walnut in my bin...

That's pretty sweet! How hard was that to do? I'm pretty fed up with the fake plastic wood, and have a nice scrap of black walnut in my bin...
Thanks! Walnut would be nice. The blackwood ended up a little darker than stock. I had hoped to find a chunk of walnit burl but didn't find any at my local Woodcraft. Figured it would be good to practice on something less expensive first anyway.
It wasn't too bad...mostly tedious shape-check fit - remove a little more, check bit repeat.
I'll reply back this weekend (hopefully) with more details and some pictures of what is underneath. I found out the hard way (-;

Routed propane to a splitter and two quick-connectors for water-heater, stove, flame-thrower, :hillbilly: etc.

A0F50349-6578-4ED5-BFC7-02D512707F21.jpeg
E95FFC85-481E-4553-84D3-D36D7FC87928.jpeg
EC445D27-C347-480F-A568-D7F1DFEB70D7.jpeg

Last edited:
Also wired up my lighted Buggy Whip quick-Mount for full-time power and a waterproofed external switch for camp-light options and turning it off during daylight dunes/desert...

DF5DE7B8-C477-46FC-9838-20FE0F3BCCDF.jpeg
92467A9F-4875-4071-8D07-C0491D79A986.jpeg

Changed oil in front and rear diff. Saving the transfer case till I find the Toyota "special" stuff.

Mark please stop! I'm 3051 mods behind you and you're destroying my will to catch up :hillbilly:

Ruh roh... Was just about to post another one... :confused::cool: Heehee

The funny thing is that I know that Mark does indeed have at least one flame-thrower in his truck but I don't think it runs off propane... which begs the question: did he add a second flamethrower?

The funny thing is that I know that Mark does indeed have at least one flame-thrower in his truck but I don't think it runs off propane... which begs the question: did he add a second flamethrower?

Heh... Cole knows... :hillbilly: And several items on my truck are inspired by @indycole for sure.

Actually, Cole and I have the same “flame thrower” (no...it’s no military marvel or anything, but still useful), and it turns out that it works even better with propane! :) Give it a try with one of these...
FB0DE67F-71D1-4C77-8CED-A706F9091F72.jpeg

This propane tank also runs the Kariba water heater and my camp stove.

Re the Kariba... I discovered that it VASTLY improves its heat output to the point of being VERY hot without cycling the water in the tank. Turns out once the stove itself heats up, you can really crank it with a real propane tank, where iso-pro and small propane just aren’t the same.

Fun stuff!

Another little project I just did this evening...
C3BC2F80-655F-49EB-8D79-EB2D7BFFBE54.jpeg

The USB allow me to plug in my phone, bike computer and other items without having to open my truck. Also will let folks in camp charge their phone if they like without having to have interior access. And ya, the V meter on the USB is redundant and less accurate than the Blue Sea... I’ll replAce it eventually with a non-lit one soon.

The top voltage meter is so I can easily monitor my battery when in camp so I know whether my fridge or camp light is drawing my battery down too far. It’s super low OLED screen draw takes next to no power.

The 12V is for my hot shower pump...or other misc. items friends or others may like to use...again...without having to unlock or open the truck.

Tucks nicely behind my propane tank mount (haven’t quiiiite finished running interior wire yet, but will do that in a few minutes).

PS. It’s all waterproof...
44A06246-FD8B-4833-8106-1340F60D8DB0.jpeg

58C99BA4-9A1A-4375-9CCF-B768C6F6CBDD.jpeg

Last edited:
The wife helping me with a quick oil change after work...
i-jJBQ4zQ-X3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom