What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed IPF 351HLB2 (5,000 lumen each) lights in my high beams.

IPFLED1_22DEC17_zpseoqacwdm.jpg

Let there be light:

IPFLED2_22DEC17_zpsbax7viqp.jpg

It's hard to believe how far LED technology has come.

Do the high beams still works as DRL?

No, but I expected that. I have been using the parking lights with the LED accent lights at the bottom of the headlamp housings as DRL's for a long time anyway, so no impact to my use case.

HTH

No, but I expected that. I have been using the parking lights with the LED accent lights at the bottom of the headlamp housings as DRL's for a long time anyway, so no impact to my use case.

HTH

Strange that your high beams aren’t working as DRLs...because mine do work.

Strange that your high beams aren’t working as DRLs...because mine do work.

And your stock lights are different than mine. Not strange, just different. If you had a 2013 LC with OEM HID lows and LED accent lights your LED high beams would not work as DRL's, either.

What would be strange is if there were two 2013 LC's, one with LED high beams that DID work and one with LED high beams that DID NOT work; but that is not the case here.

So I hope that anyone with a 2013 LC is aware before they purchase LED high beam replacements that they will no longer work as DRL's.

It's no big loss for me because I stopped using DRL's the first time I pulled into a camp site at night and couldn't turn off my DRL's (my LC100 with mandatory DRL's). I use the parking lights now as DRL's. On my 2013LC that gives me the LED accent strip at the bottom of the headlamp housing as a DRL - I like it. If the parking lights are turned on after the engine is started, then they turn off when the engine is shut off and turn on again when the engine is re-started - no hassle. I can also turn them off any time I need to simply by switching off the parking lights :clap:

HTH

And your stock lights are different than mine. Not strange, just different. If you had a 2013 LC with OEM HID lows and LED accent lights your LED high beams would not work as DRL's, either.

What would be strange is if there were two 2013 LC's, one with LED high beams that DID work and one with LED high beams that DID NOT work; but that is not the case here.

So I hope that anyone with a 2013 LC is aware before they purchase LED high beam replacements that they will no longer work as DRL's.

It's no big loss for me because I stopped using DRL's the first time I pulled into a camp site at night and couldn't turn off my DRL's (my LC100 with mandatory DRL's). I use the parking lights now as DRL's. On my 2013LC that gives me the LED accent strip at the bottom of the headlamp housing as a DRL - I like it. If the parking lights are turned on after the engine is started, then they turn off when the engine is shut off and turn on again when the engine is re-started - no hassle. I can also turn them off any time I need to simply by switching off the parking lights :clap:

HTH

Ya, forgot about the HID thing. We old 2008ers are behind the times... :)

I would actually love to be able to control “DRLs” as you can.

HTH

Damn, glad you got that working the way you wanted it to work, cause I think my brain almost exploded trying to understand what you did :)

Merry Christmas jingle... The other day I was going to grab a quick drink from a drive-through. My ash tray is the change box, and it was pretty full. I pull out the ash tray to grab some change and end up dropping it on the console. All of the change went between the driver's seat and the console. I had a small clipboard down there, which ended up funneling all of the change to the carpet.

Upon inspection, all of the change slid further down UNDER the carpet. The carpet under the seat has several slits, which were wide enough to allow the change in between the carpet and the steel bottom.

I decided I had better get the change out of there before I sounded like sleigh bells rolling down the road.

Morals of the story?
1. The ash tray can hold $5.21 in coins easily.
2. Try not to dump it between the seats like I did.

Merry Christmas, everyone. I truly enjoy reading everyone's posts on adventures with their rigs. Thanks to everyone for contributing so much.

@jmw101 , there is coin under my drivers seat that is jingling around - it's driving me crazy. What's the best way to access the slits in the carpet? Did you remove the seat?

Move seats forward . Reach under

Cool, thanks. I haven't had the time to fool around with it and have been out of town for the holidays. I assumed the seat wouldn't slide forward far enough.

I rotated my seat forward and went to work.

I found 44c worth of change, a couple of crackers, a dried out chili pepper, and a really nice folding corkscrew/bottle opener. I also discovered the PO of my 200 was a popcorn addict - there were probably a dozen pieces of popcorn under there... All clean now. Thanks :)

More lights. Three Rigid A-series (two natural white and one amber). Just need to work out the switch situation.

20171226_175740.jpg

20171226_175734.jpg

20171226_175925.jpg
Tony, I added the same with 2 lights, red and white. I installed 2 separate switches on the passenger side rear pillar. Did this so my vertically challenged wife and son could reach them, plus that is the side my fuse block is on and misc plugs, I made it so it is hot all the time.

Tony, I added the same with 2 lights, red and white. I installed 2 separate switches on the passenger side rear pillar. Did this so my vertically challenged wife and son could reach them, plus that is the side my fuse block is on and misc plugs, I made it so it is hot all the time.

That's where I ran the wires and where my fuse box is too. I'm thinking of putting the switches on the plastic pop-out piece that surrounds where the 3rd row latch is on the pillar. Just need to order the switches.

Emmy replaced the 6 dollar motor in the door actuator so the door can lock again....
email3424.jpg
email3431.jpg

Yonah, sorry for not seeing this post until now. That's what I did -- moving seat forward and trying to jam my hands in there somehow. Wish my kids were much younger. I would have put them to work !

Emmy replaced the 6 dollar motor in the door actuator so the door can lock again....
View attachment 1606273 View attachment 1606274
That's freakin' awesome! Toyota would have replaced the whole thing at an outrageous price, not to mention the labor. So much more elegant to fix just the part that is busted.

If you haven't already given the details, which door went out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom