1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done to your 200 Series this week?

Discussion in '200-Series Cruisers' started by MScruiser, Sep 16, 2014.

1. KLF

KLF Frame waxer SILVER Star

Just curious: What about the install was a pain? Is this a 1-person job? The TJM is my front runner for favorite front bumper for now, which is why I'm asking. Looks great!

2. ckkone

ckkone

Media:
    90% can be done alone, it’s very helpful to have a 2nd hand help lift and hold it in place while one person is tightening the bolts. It took me two full days 9a-5p to install, but I did a lot of extra wiring to my fuse/relay panel. I still need to mount my 9” fogs.

The thread was very useful: TJM T13 Bull bar installed - Lots of pics

I would say read through the directions a couple times before you start. Organize all the nuts and bolts by size and maybe label the piles of bolts by length.

It will be very helpful to have the following tools:

For measuring bolt lengths- 6 in. Digital Caliper

For drilling parking sensor hole -
    Titanium Coated High Speed Steel Step Bit Set 2 Pc

I also put on some Trail Tailer recovery points but I don't think the holes will be accessible because of clearance issue with the TJM winch frame. I'll probably have to build a spacer with some 1/4" or 1/2" aluminum and get some longer bolts.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    sanshin likes this.
  3. NCMTNS

NCMTNS

Installed front and rear dash cam. For the rear camera I didn't want to go thru the hassle of opening wire ways and fish cable thru upper hatch so I mounted on upper plastic portion of 3rd row middle seat belt connector. Very happy with result and cameras work great. With how people drive now I bought a set for every car. Actually see myself driving better... IMG_6146.JPG IMG_6150.JPG IMG_6151.JPG IMG_6150.JPG as a result of having them in the car.

Also added WeatherTech floormats.
    IMG_6146.JPG IMG_6150.JPG IMG_6151.JPG

Haggis and kevinfoutch like this.
  4. NCMTNS

NCMTNS

Apologize for duplicate pics; hit upload one to many times.... :doh:

5. cruiseroutfit

cruiseroutfit Supporting Vendor Moderator

Replaced my battery in the middle of the San Rafael Desert, this after fighting the immobilizer for half an hour. The scenery made a nice workshop!

IMG_3193.JPG

But we had a fantastic Cruiser filled adventure.

E7C3887C-FF16-4132-83A1-056C7E5CA402.jpg

6. eizenjin91

eizenjin91

Plumbed & Wired a 60L Front Runner Water Tank w/ ShurFlo pump plumbed to rear. Also installed ARB Twin plumbed to rear.

Water Tank.jpg Water Tank 2.jpg Water Tank 3.jpg Compressor 1.jpg Compressor 2.jpg

7. TonyP

TonyP SILVER Star

8. TexAZ

TexAZ

Media:
    @TonyP , I had a 5 gallon jug in the back of the truck on the moab trip. it drove me crazy...
    maybe, given the location of the larger tank, you could cover it with insulation/sound deadening material
    that, and not travel with a 5 yr old. that way you can turn the radio up loud enough not to hear it.

9. TonyP

TonyP SILVER Star

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I know some tanks have baffles that'll help with sloshing. Otherwise I'll just stick to my usual deal of carrying multiple 1 gallon jugs.

10. mcgaskins

mcgaskins

11. eizenjin91

eizenjin91

When I first installed it there was a decent amount of sloshing as the tank itself moved. I got some good straps and really secured it down now and the amount of sloshing that's left is negligable. I'm going to cover the tank itself with dynamat which I think should get rid of most if not all of it. I'm also extending a platform from the ARB drawers to the front seat for sleeping and gear storage so that will be over top and cover any leftover noise. Overall I'm really happy wit the install and the tank from frontrunner. I'm driving to Argentina in it so water is kind of a requirement even if it means having to deal with the little bit of noise.

Willy beamin likes this.
  12. eizenjin91

eizenjin91

Hahahaha yeah I feel like you may have ridden in this truck a couple of times or so! Lol

mcgaskins likes this.
  13. TonyP

TonyP SILVER Star

Got my 200 back from this. Painted the entire hood, fender, both doors. No more gouge or rock chips, no more giant scrape down the side from Moab a grocery store parking lot. Total cost $1400. Cost for me: $50 deductible and the cost of a rental car $25/day for a Turbo Infiniti Q50. I've said before how Nissan/Infiniti vehicles aren't great, this Q50 was pretty decent. The transmission was wonky but the 3.0T engine is a powerhouse, steering was great and the brakes were surprisingly good.

Atwalz likes this.
  14. Atwalz

Atwalz Engineer SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Picked a set of rock warriors for my tundra. Need a spare rim now. They are becoming extinct.

IMG_0023.JPG

15. Blasst

Blasst

Media:
    spent $9400 in parts for my rig last week so I can get things done over the holidays. ( I'm currently self medicating with reckless abandon to recover from that bill) I figure another 5K -7k and I'll be ready for multi continent rampages. Done South America twice in stock vehicles. So one that is prepped will be a luxury. My girlfriend is pissed because we didn't make the trip across Russia we had planned. But she will appreciate having a fridge and a shower when the time comes.
    I'm trying to figure out water storage in the quarter panels. I have heard of it done on 80 series cruisers. Also seen guys put their compressors there and other storage. Need to pull mine off and look inside then brainstorm a while. May just end up with jugs lying around or containers strapped to the two rear spares on the bumper.

Edit: should add lockers and regearing parts were a big chuck of that bill.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 1:34 AM
    kreiten, G-Cat, steenh and 1 other person like this.
  16. steenh

steenh

This was going to be a post about my latest mods, but with the snow last night in Atlanta, I get to throw a couple good 200/snow pics into the mix.

Got the work done at ACC, where else!

Snorkle
    [​IMG]

The funny guys at ACC left me a present...

[​IMG]

Added a light bar..

[​IMG]

and some beautiful BudBuilt skids... full package. They are nothing short of amazing. Perfect fit, no drilling, stout as hell. So well thought out. I removed the dif drop to accommodate the skids. If anyone needs or wants a dif drop, I'll sell for a very good price... PM me.

[​IMG]

and this... Finished up the locker situation and added the Front Harrop.

[​IMG]

and of course, while I was in there, I did the regear. I was always on the fence on that mod, just didn't think the truck drove too bad with stock gears... what a dolt I was. The difference is just amazing! Speedo is about 5% lower than actual now. The truck drives like a bat out of hell if I wanted it to.

I have the BFG KO2 34/10.5/17 which measure out to a solid 32.9 or so (go figure). I'll need to get a solid 34" tire next and it looks like the BFG 75's won't cut it... I saw someone post up that they are right at 33". I have time to figure that out with <10k on my current set.

And finally, I got an ARB Drawer to round out the back and create the sleeping platform I need.

Been a good week for the truck... and me!

richxd87, RTaylor, kreiten and 10 others like this.
  17. Atwalz

Atwalz Engineer SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:

Impressive mods Steen, loving it. Did you regear?

18. steenh

steenh

I did... read the last part of the post. It's amazing. I have 500 mile breakin period before I really get to enjoy it, but first impressions are that this might be the best mod you can do.

I'm running out of mods :) the secondary gas tank is going to come next.

kreiten and Atwalz like this.
  19. indycole

indycole GOLD Star

Media:
    And you're running out of switch blanks! I have no idea where the fuel tank switch is going to go myself...

TexAZ and steenh like this.
  20. DeckerT4R

DeckerT4R

Dang Steen, you went to town!

kreiten and steenh like this.
data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">