What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 3rd row seats were 41 pounds each.

You are thinking of the 2nd row seats. I believe @dryrunner is talking about the 3rd row seats which are very easy to remove.

Yep when he said he removed "both rear seats" I interpreted that as middle and third row. My third row seats were pulled out hours after I bought my 200 and replaced with ARB drawers. I'm considering pulling out one section of the second row seats to further build out my camping setup.

Not sure if it was on purpose or not... But nice color match on the drawers. It fits the interior well.
Thanks, I pulled one of the plastic covers off the 3rd row seat & took it into lowes to find a paint that matched. The top vinyl doesn't match as well as I would like (darker brown rather than tan), but I ordered it from Amazon sight unseen. Happy with the outcome overall, and at less than 1/3 the price of the ARB drawers. Now I need to get my fridge & slide going, but that will wait till next summer. Not much use for a fridge in Alaska over the winter.

Fit a set of 100 series KISS drawers into my 200. Required a little trimming to fit but WAY cheaper than the ARB drawers.

KISS drawer posts here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/kiss-drawers-keep-it-simple-storage.942639/reply?quote=11250125

200 KISS drawers

View attachment 1551094
Thank you @milkyxj for taking the leap, glad they fit relatively easily, they look great!

Based on your results I'll start making a set for the 200.

I'll post tonight a proper thread in the 200 forum with a request for a test mule in Central Oregon, and then eta and updates...

Thank you @milkyxj for taking the leap, glad they fit relatively easily, they look great!

Based on your results I'll start making a set for the 200.

I'll post tonight a proper thread in the 200 forum with a request for a test mule in Central Oregon, and then eta and updates...

Yesssss!

put new shoes on her today. 275/70R18 KO2's. Much better ride and handles way better with the stiffer sidewalls. After day 1 of city driving, gas mileage is unaffected. After seeing it with the new tires, now i am not sure if i want to lift it or not.
fullsizeoutput_14db.jpeg

6E174C6C-2E06-4212-9AA1-0E6F57814266.jpeg

Installed these today, pretty sure my Cruiser is much more responsive! I’m at 205,000 miles. Had my transmission fluid flushed again. New brake fluid, 4x4 service diffs
And transfer case. Love this thing!

Had to get some rock today and they weighed my truck before and after. My truck weighs 7370 lbs. I only got 3 5 gal buckets of pea gravel so it was like $5 for the rock :)

My wheel is in good shape but saw an eBay auction for a freshly re-wrapped OEM wheel that was pretty reasonable so figured I'd roll the dice and see as new leather would be nice. Showed up today and really surpassed my expectations as far as leather quality and how well it was done. Now just got to install it, hopefully tomorrow.
IMG_5590_zps2nvnoenp.jpg~original

Fabbed a couple brackets to attach my ARB 2500 awning that utilize the stock roof rack rails. Easy to make can be used on either side without compromising the use of stock rack. Total cost about $13.00. One of the shots shows first and second generation attempts. Final material was made from 6061 aluminum 3/16 thick

OLD-NEW.jpg

20171010_104554.jpg

20171011_131834.jpg

NEW ROOF.jpg

A little paint correction treatment...

- painted the RLCA skids & frame with Rust-Oleum auto enamel
- painted sliders with Krylon Rust Tough (black matte finish matches the Slee Sliders really well)
- body paint & clearcoat for very deep pinstripes, outright scratches to metal, and some pesky pockmark-like gouges
- clay, v32, v36, v38, jetseal, butter wax from Chemical Guys
- total effort: about 16 hrs over the course of 4 days (stop and go largely due to my conflicting schedule)

All in all, happy with the results, but it's probably only 90% where I wish it to be - some scratches just wouldn't buff out, and the body touchup paint looks good from a distance, but up close it's obvious... For my amatuer skills and protecting the metal from upcoming snow & salt, I'll chalk it up to a 'win' for now.

IMG_20171019_094201.jpg

A little paint correction treatment...

- painted the RLCA skids & frame with Rust-Oleum auto enamel
- painted sliders with Krylon Rust Tough (black matte finish matches the Slee Sliders really well)
- body paint & clearcoat for very deep pinstripes, outright scratches to metal, and some pesky pockmark-like gouges
- clay, v32, v36, v38, jetseal, butter wax from Chemical Guys
- total effort: about 16 hrs over the course of 4 days (stop and go largely due to my conflicting schedule)

All in all, happy with the results, but it's probably only 90% where I wish it to be - some scratches just wouldn't buff out, and the body touchup paint looks good from a distance, but up close it's obvious... For my amatuer skills and protecting the metal from upcoming snow & salt, I'll chalk it up to a 'win' for now.

View attachment 1558174

So how much do you charge for this service? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom