What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Knocked out a few things today.
  • SoundlinQ3
  • Ram mount via tape deck
  • ARB fridge wiring kit
  • Replaced foam on the subwoofer - HUGE improvement
I have foam for the (4) doors but spent the better part of the day on the items above so I may knock them out tomorrow or next weekend.

20190112_115851.jpg
20190112_115832.jpg
20190112_115824.jpg
20190112_115815.jpg

Do you guys know where to get cutting pads for a 10"?? All I have is a battery powered ryobi buffing wheel. trying to get it to work so I don't have to buy a da sander....

Check out auto geek or autopia. I'm not hip the latest trends anymore but they'd have anything you could want.

I did some light maintenance today at 200K miles. I did it's second synthetic oil change using 5w-30 Mobil 1 extended performance oil ($27/5qt at walmart online with free shipping) and a M1-209a filter. I'm planning on going 10,000 miles on this one.

I checked the spare tire pressure and found it to be around 100 psi! It's a new BFG KO2 and I haven't checked it since it was put up there a year ago. Someone at Americas Tire messed up on that one.

Also changed the cabin filters. Glad I did the mod last spring, especially living around the Camp Fire in Northern California.

20190112_130825.jpg

My Airlift bags have a slow leak again so I need to replace those soon. I'll make the holes in the spring base much bigger this time since the connection gets bent over. Maybe that's causing the leak?

Chris

I did some light maintenance today at 200K miles. I did it's second synthetic oil change using 5w-30 Mobil 1 extended performance oil ($27/5qt at walmart online with free shipping) and a M1-209a filter. I'm planning on going 10,000 miles on this one.

I checked the spare tire pressure and found it to be around 100 psi! It's a new BFG KO2 and I haven't checked it since it was put up there a year ago. Someone at Americas Tire messed up on that one.

Also changed the cabin filters. Glad I did the mod last spring, especially living around the Camp Fire in Northern California.

View attachment 1877442

My Airlift bags have a slow leak again so I need to replace those soon. I'll make the holes in the spring base much bigger this time since the connection gets bent over. Maybe that's causing the leak?

Chris

Where did you get your filter from? Also, Mobil 1 synthetic has a 15k mile guarantee now, which means your more than likely good to 20k+

I get my cabin filters on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002E5BW1A

I changed the air filter today which looked about the same. Also on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C6KKGQ

I'll have to think about the even longer oil change interval.

Chris

Thanks friend, I will get some ordered up. Do read up on the oil change intervals. There is a lot of info out there now on how wasteful it is to do the traditional 3k-5k changes. Before I switched all of my rigs over to 0w-30 I read up on it quite a bit. The consensus was that the oil is good for significantly longer then any manufacturer will claim, the additive packages break down over time from hot and cold cycling. The fact that Mobil suggests going 15k miles or 1 year tells me you can go much longer. Last I checked Caterpillar is suggesting something close to 60k-80k mile intervals on their diesels running their oil.

Thanks friend, I will get some ordered up. Do read up on the oil change intervals. There is a lot of info out there now on how wasteful it is to do the traditional 3k-5k changes. Before I switched all of my rigs over to 0w-30 I read up on it quite a bit. The consensus was that the oil is good for significantly longer then any manufacturer will claim, the additive packages break down over time from hot and cold cycling. The fact that Mobil suggests going 15k miles or 1 year tells me you can go much longer. Last I checked Caterpillar is suggesting something close to 60k-80k mile intervals on their diesels running their oil.

Have you done the cabin filter mod? Most Land Cruisers do not have the access door while the LX's do.

Chris

@CatskillsRunner

Looks like a fun day!

I have an odd question, is that a home made fairing on your roof rack or did you purchase it somewhere? And does it help with wind noise?

I replaced my t-case lock sensor. Thank you guys for having all the info here. It really helped me out. I was pretty sure it was just the sensor cause it still drove like it was locked the button pushed even with the light out. Many Thanks!!!

I did a front wheel bearing service on my new-to-me 2000 LC. I've had it for three weeks!

Numerous threads on MUD were super helpful, especially 2001LC's write-up, pics, and videos.

Took me about 8 hours to do both sides during a snowstorm on Saturday (I work slowly). The bearings themselves are OE Timkens... not sure if they are original or not. The knucklehead Chrysler mechanic that I bought this rig from had both the preload nut and lock nuts adjusted barely finger tight! Bearings were still good, though, although the splines on the drive flanges are worn. I'll need to replace those in the next few months. I also bought a Slee spindle greaser tool and re-greased the needle bearings.

Not surprisingly, the thrust washers were badly grooved. Also, it looked like a lot of the grease was cooked, owing to the bearings not being packed fully. It is amazing how tough and resilient these trucks are!

Using the fish scale method, I ended up torquing the passenger side preload nut to 47 ft-lbs, and the driver side to 42 ft-lbs. This netted about 13-14 lbs of breakaway preload when the lock nuts were installed and torqued.

After I got that finished, I went out and played in the 12-inches of ice and snow that St. Louis got this weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom