Events/Trails Hundreds in the Hill Country....trip report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What a GREAT Saturday! Led a crew of 12 Toyotas on a BIG gravel loop of the Texas Hill Country: 7-100 Series, 1-40 Series "Barney", 1-80 Series, 1-80 Series Maltech Diesel, 1-200 Series and a T100 Tundra. Weather was absolutely perfect (high 50s, sunny with 5-8mph winds). It had rained recently so there was practically zero dust kick-up and the water crossings/splashes were all pretty full. We logged 138 miles of gravel and a BBQ lunch at Cooper's in Mason, TX. Looking forward to doing this each month. Anyone who wants to go is always welcome.

I have the GPX/KML files for the route if anyone prefers to "solo". I would just ask that if you solo the route, do what I do and stop along the way to pick up any cans or bottles you see on the roadside (leave the trails better than when you arrived).

I'll post the drone videos shortly. Once my father downloads all the photos off his camera, I'll post those as well.

Thanks to everyone who made it out this past Saturday: @Austin Hot Shoe, @aljollano, @Cargo1234, @bottombracket, @rscoleman, @Aussiecruiser82, @Riwahe, @marketShark and @Spallet. Really enjoyed meeting everyone!

IMG_1339.JPG

IMG_2658.JPG

IMG_2688.JPG

IMG_2689.JPG

IMG_2692.JPG

Last edited:
The James River Crossing

IMG_2660.JPG

IMG_2663.JPG

IMG_2665.JPG

IMG_2667.JPG

IMG_2670.JPG

More James River Crossing

IMG_2671.JPG

IMG_2672.JPG

IMG_2662.JPG

IMG_2690.JPG

IMG_1335.JPG

Oh man i love water crossings, that is a sweet location for sure. Can i come next trip? lol

Oh man i love water crossings, that is a sweet location for sure. Can i come next trip? lol

If you ever make the "short" trip down here, you're always welcome to join :) It's only 1,500 miles or so.....one way ;)

I definitely need to know where this is located. We have 5 days of this weekend and week and were trying to decide where to go. This would be perfect.

Okay, I need to know what group you're in! I live about 20 minutes from Tx and I've been wanting to do a trip out that way.

I would have totally come along with the family! Is there a Facebook group?

Last edited:
If you ever make the "short" trip down here, you're always welcome to join :) It's only 1,500 miles or so.....one way ;)

I'm always down to travel, nobody around me are into it, but that kind of trip i'd be taking the Tundra instead of the Cruiser. I have to go through mountains to get to TX and I reckon the 5.7 would fare much better.

I finished installing the suspension and 35s, she's ready to crawl now.

6XuFFut.jpg

I'm always down to travel, nobody around me are into it, but that kind of trip i'd be taking the Tundra instead of the Cruiser. I have to go through mountains to get to TX and I reckon the 5.7 would fare much better.

I finished installing the suspension and 35s, she's ready to crawl now.

6XuFFut.jpg
What parts did you use to install those Sequoia headlights? They look sweat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom