What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (78 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ha. Yep. Getting there.

Replaced the starter on this new to me 2001 Cruiser. My son's first car which he has named Jalepeno. Was happy to see him wanting to jump in there and help me get it done and even more happy the thing fired up with no issues. I drive a 1994 80 series rig and am partial to it but there are definitely some things about this 100 series that are nice. BUT, starter placement isn't one of them. Have to say after it was all done, I guess it wasn't too awful to complete the job.
Now, back to our bumper and slider plans after this rude interruption.
0915181607.jpg
0922181119a_HDR.jpg

I swapped out my Nokya 2500k 9005 HB3 1700 Lumen high beams for NAPA 3450k 9011 HIR 2100 Lumen bulbs. Not only are these so much brighter than the yellow Nokya lights, but they seem twice as bright as the OE level Philips that were in the LC100 when I bought it. Color is perfect and the overall coverage seems larger as well. $40 for the pair is a bargain. View attachment 1775380View attachment 1775381
I'm going to try this. OEMs soooo dim!

I just replaced my low beam bulbs today as well and noticed the marker bulbs we're both out so I swapped those out too. While I was trying to pop the blinker housing out of the way to get at the marker light the lens popped totally off! I guess after 16 years the adhesive had no more flex to it and decided to give up for good!
A little clear silicone and we'll see if it will last for awhile!!!

New rough country 31” led light bar.
Not my first choice for location but it works. Does not seem to throw off as much light as the big 9inch ones. But it’s cleaner and I was being overly cautious about airflow due to my overheating issues.
A1A8B248-7B6E-4CC3-BE0F-0535D9228135.jpeg
I think I prefer the look of the spotlights.
Finally replaced the radiator with new oem one. The old one apparently fine, but literally caked in mud. I guess I have two radiators now.
New thermostat.
New black rhino York wheels.
+12 offset.
I thought they would dress up the old girl. Figured she deserved it after the trip to HIH.
0A559744-3D85-4D92-9D00-0985773C3AA7.jpeg
9A34B14E-B8B1-449F-A268-10477EB6665F.jpeg

I wish these wheels had the same zero offset as my old wheels. Just looked a little meaner.
06DCBB8C-2B92-4790-A34F-C1F22A3A2873.jpeg
Next up is probably lower control arms, rear, and new tires(way to soon).

A8307E9B-7826-454B-89EB-05E7B724B8CC.jpeg

New rough country 31” led light bar.
Not my first choice for location but it works. Does not seem to throw off as much light as the big 9inch ones. But it’s cleaner and I was being overly cautious about airflow due to my overheating issues. View attachment 1795952I think I prefer the look of the spotlights.
Finally replaced the radiator with new oem one. The old one apparently fine, but literally caked in mud. I guess I have two radiators now.
New thermostat.
New black rhino York wheels.
+12 offset.
I thought they would dress up the old girl. Figured she deserved it after the trip to HIH.
View attachment 1795953 View attachment 1795954
I wish these wheels had the same zero offset as my old wheels. Just looked a little meaner. View attachment 1795957Next up is probably lower control arms, rear, and new tires(way to soon).

View attachment 1795956

That looks f@#$in' bad ass!

Well that's just fantastic. I have a big bottle of HD speed that i've used once and honestly didn't care for it. I assume it's for like new cars as i barely noticed any cutting. And now that both my cars have been cquartz'd, i dont need it anymore.

Does ONE have more cutting power?

HD Speed is good if the paint is not too marred, it has a very mild cutting ability. One is supposed to be much more potent.

@brando1 ... those Black Rhinos are SWEET!

@brando1
Next up is probably lower control arms, rear, and new tires(way to soon).

What's the story on the "new tires(way to soon)"? Have the Ridge Grapplers not met expectation?

Ditto, really dig those.

I've never heard of black rhino until 2 months ago, i took a chance and bought their wheels, so far i'm impressed, no balance issues, quality looks good, held up fine so far on some mile rock crawling, hit a pothole pretty deep going 65 and it didn't bend.

I saw a set of really cool looking faux-beadlocks from them a few weeks back when I was getting tires balanced. They were like a desert tan and looked like they came off a Humvee. Not wild about the fake bead locks and fake extra bolts though (funny coming from someone on RW wheels right?)

I really like the design of yours. No fake stuff, just looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom