What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

finally got around to replacing the busted sound arena, rears were bit of a PITA since it had a weird shape mold from tweeter setup. Ended up making adapters from MDF, had to counter bore the screw holes to reuse the factory screws.

40286939742_db36f7a8ea_b.jpg

40286939762_c334b6560f_b.jpg

1CA768F8-BF4C-4783-8FA0-14AB0C12DC18.jpeg
49953012-77F7-44C9-A84E-6F39C00CEA28.jpeg
059B4BCF-66A9-46B9-BB1A-4E5B521E3697.jpeg
D0126D5E-E86E-425A-B440-2DB106C9E4B3.jpeg
7E799179-20AE-475B-8B83-B9C18D114404.jpeg
Installed @benc Dissent rear bumper. Thanks to @Ramathorn15 for the great instructions and a few “text a friend” moments.

Put a set of these bad boys in today

38516147830_3c005c949e_b.jpg

The last one on the driver's side is a pain to get to, have to move a lot of hoses out of the way.

26453276568_1754ff2c5f_b.jpg

Passenger side is cake and takes like 10 minutes once you have the intake out.
So what's your first impression om them?

So what's your first impression om them?

Love them, truck seems to idle smoother, has more pep to it and responsive. The truck has never had a spark plug change, so 197K miles on the oem plugs. They didn't look bad at all, no oil in them, one coil pack was kinda brownish and has a fine dust on them. Happy with the no oil, so i know the spark plug seals are good.

View attachment 1636013 View attachment 1636005 View attachment 1636006 View attachment 1636007 View attachment 1636009 Installed @benc Dissent rear bumper. Thanks to @Ramathorn15 for the great instructions and a few “text a friend” moments.
That looks amazing.

So none of Dissent stuff comes powdercoated?
I see alot of people using the same matte gunmetal powdercoat on their bumpers here. Is that some common color you guys use? What's the name of the powder?

That looks amazing.

So none of Dissent stuff comes powdercoated?
I see alot of people using the same matte gunmetal powdercoat on their bumpers here. Is that some common color you guys use? What's the name of the powder?
Ben does powder if you pick it up locally - doesn’t risk it getting chipped or damaged during shipping. It was easy enough to find a local powder coater.

Black = Cardinal (BK01) - it’s a textured black that holds up and looks great

Gray = Prismatic (Evo Gray) - is a VERY close match to the lower panel gray found in many of our models.

Nice day outside - 65 degrees and sunny - so I thought I'd knock out a few minor things I've been putting off.

1. Rotated my tires. I put on some new Bridgestone Revo 2 (LT285/75R16) about 50,000 miles ago (over 2 years ago), and this is the 4th time I've rotated them. I'm pleased to report that these tires are great - smooth and quiet on the highway, and grippy in snow/ice and mud. Best part - I see very little wear on the tread, as they still look new. I maintain these tires at 42 PSI, based on load/inflation tables.

2. Changed oil and filter. As always, every 5,000 miles, and used OEM Toyota filter and Mobil 1 full synthetic.

3. Changed fuel filter. This is the first time I've done this. Easiest thing I've done yet on this truck. The only thing that worried me was when I put everything back together and started up the truck, there was a tiny drip of fuel coming from the inlet side of the filter. I used the 19mm and 14mm wrenches to crank the nut down tighter, with much more torque than I was comfortable with, but the leak finally stopped. All good now. Luckily, this is not a "routine" maintenance item. When I have time, I'll cut open the old fuel filter, and report back as to how dirty it was (I'm sure it was the original filter, and my truck has over 250,000 miles).

4. Cleaned MAF sensor and air filter (I have an oiled permanent filter).

5. Pulled out AC/heater blower fan (under the glove box), and cleaned out some debris. It's been making an annoying clicking noise lately, and now I know why - there were some small leaves and a couple of acorns in there! Fan is now all quiet again.

Took advantage of a 65+ degree weekend and...
  • Added Spidertrax wheel spacers. Very subtle change, but still noticeable. Can't wait to get new tires, still running stock size now.
  • Changed oil and took a sample to send to Blackstone. 7,311 miles since last change. Mobile 1
  • Changed front diff fluid. Mobile 1
  • Changed transfer case fluid. Mobile 1
  • Changed rear diff fluid. Mobile 1
  • Rear mud flap delete. Thanks @LandCruiserPhil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom