What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (74 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Common to get an occaisional rub on the passenger side at the bottom of the fender liner- especially if you have your caster settings maxed. The outer edge of my tire rubbed at steeper approach angles when turning right as the control arms flex a little.

Heat gun and smooth out the bump in the plastic should take care of the rub.
Good advice, thanks. Put the heat gun on the lip/bulb, hit it with mallet and smoothed it out a bit, and much better. That was a quick fix for now but will put more time into smoothing it out better next week.

Lifted, new shoes, new socks.

71B61CA0-47AE-4CFF-B5BB-E657B6A66BE9.jpeg

Changed pcv valve, grommet, and hose. Easy job.
20180217_071858.jpg
20180217_071907.jpg
20180217_073409.jpg
20180217_074110.jpg

I replaced front and rear brakes and rotors plus lower ball joints on the left and right sides. I also adjusted front end height and AHC pressures.

The only issue I had was one seized guide on the rear caliper/caliper bracket. Got it out without breaking it!

Overall not a bad job. Just time consuming. It didn't help that I waited to order some parts until after I had disassembled everything.

tightened the valve cover gasket bolts on my 2001 LC. bolts were finger tight. Im getting a slight smell of burning oil at idle. Truck is not leaking onto the driveway, so the leak is small. truck is rolling strong at 196k miles.

Put a set of these bad boys in today

38516147830_3c005c949e_b.jpg

The last one on the driver's side is a pain to get to, have to move a lot of hoses out of the way.

26453276568_1754ff2c5f_b.jpg

Passenger side is cake and takes like 10 minutes once you have the intake out.

tightened the valve cover gasket bolts on my 2001 LC. bolts were finger tight. Im getting a slight smell of burning oil at idle. Truck is not leaking onto the driveway, so the leak is small. truck is rolling strong at 196k miles.

Most likely all you need to do. It's an easy fix with a huge return.

Replaced passenger side front lower control arm bushings. Repacked bearings, buttoned her up and replaced the three front differential bushings:bang:. Fresh fluid in both differentials and the transfer case. Might put my factory front shocks back on the front, the fox lower bushings are shot on both sides, bluh, about 16 hours worth of work on it the last three days. Here's a shot of what was left of the drivers side torque arm bushing.
20180217_120730.jpg

Took it wheeling today. Bone stock! I am amazed how well it did today!
Lvw083f.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced front door lock for the second time. Noted flaw in the casing and corrected it by drilling drain holes this time.

MVIMG_20180217_170611.jpg

MVIMG_20180217_170614.jpg

Finally finished my switch-pros install! Fabb'ed a mounting spot next to the battery and fuse box. Nothing connected to it yet, but will be wiring up all sorts of stuff soon. Also took the time to design in a fuse and switch for my (soon to be installed) warn winch.

I use a ram mounted ipad as my media console, and have been pretty impressed with the ability to control and program the unit with the switch-pros app. Very slick device!

IMG_2664.jpeg
IMG_2669.jpeg
IMG_2710.jpeg
IMG_2688.jpeg
IMG_2713.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom