What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (49 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My wipers were not getting it done. They were "Mighty" branded wipers. I did some reading on here and determined that OEM was the best route. I ordered some from Camelback Toyota and they showed up yesterday. The passenger side went on in seconds. I bet I spent 10 minutes trying to get the driver's side on. I could do the next one in seconds but it was like a rubics cube. I also installed a positive battery cover. It didn't fit great but should provide some layer of protection. It happened to rain this morning and the new wipers worked great.
Part numbers for wipers 85222-50040 & 85212-60171 battery cover 82821-35020
IMG_3290.jpg
IMG_3291.JPG
IMG_3292.JPG

Picked up some ARB knockoffs from Amazon. Build quality is really good. All stainless nuts/bolts/brackets. Haven't powered them up yet, so can't comment on the brightness, throw, or beam pattern.

Nilight 185W 9" LED Lights

Just mocked up for now to figure out how mount them. Probably going to have to fabricate some kind of glare shield for the bottom side of the lights.

full

Picked up some ARB knockoffs from Amazon. Build quality is really good. All stainless nuts/bolts/brackets. Haven't powered them up yet, so can't comment on the brightness, throw, or beam pattern.

Nilight 185W 9" LED Lights

Just mocked up for now to figure out how mount them. Probably going to have to fabricate some kind of glare shield for the bottom side of the lights.

full
You'll love them. Mine have been great they are more flood then anything. Also i had to run two power relays because they suck some power up.

IMG_3459.JPG

Changed the transmission, transfer case, and front diff oils. Tried to adjust the handbrake but found out when trying to lift up the rear that the factory jack no longer works! So looks like I can justify (to myself) getting a better bottle jack now. And lucky we didn't get a flat tire when we were out remote a couple of weeks go.

Sold my favorite 2006 LX for full price to a very happy camper.

You'll love them. Mine have been great they are more flood then anything. Also i had to run two power relays because they suck some power up.

View attachment 1592585

Awesome. I heard they are more flood than spot. Thanks for the heads up on the dual relays. That is what I figured I would have to do. Another member on here did a bench test on them and at 11.9V each light pulled something like 12amps.

Question, did you wire them up to a single switch? I was going to do that or I was thinking of a 3 position switch. position 1 - Off, position 2; on - middle two lights, position 3; on - all lights.

5 year old Die Hard battery finally bit the dust. Upgraded to the Batteries Plus 27F. It was heavy. Truck starts again. Now prepped to convince Mrs. ZREM on a fridge :clap::clap::clap:

Awesome. I heard they are more flood than spot. Thanks for the heads up on the dual relays. That is what I figured I would have to do. Another member on here did a bench test on them and at 11.9V each light pulled something like 12amps.

Question, did you wire them up to a single switch? I was going to do that or I was thinking of a 3 position switch. position 1 - Off, position 2; on - middle two lights, position 3; on - all lights.
Yes I just hooked them in to one switch. I kinda like the three position switch idea tho.

@wngrog What attic net do you have?

Rodent chewed knock sensor wires repaired, spark plugs replaced. Not sure why i did not deal with the former sooner - a noticeable difference after running with the CEL light on for longer than I care to recall. Dealer removed a comfortable rat hostel from the area. Over $1000 to get this all sorted so any ideas on keeping the b@$t@rds out of there welcome!

My week included a nice weekend in the DAK’s.
A flat at night, on a crowed highway coming home. :(
4 new Duratrac’s 275 70 r18 for my winter road set.
Then a drive in lake effect snow (new tread was great) to meet a great cruiser guy Ben halfway. Why?
To buy 4, 16” factory wheels for the dedicated off road 35” swampers planned in the spring. :rimshot:

Last edited:
I had been chasing a brake squeal on my LX470 for a few months, and finally gave up, and did a front brake job on it. I still had pad left, but if I was going to disassemble it again, I may as well do a brake job. No more kids at the bus stop, holding their hands over their ears, as I come to a stop.

My kids LC is back home after 4 months at college. Needed wiper blades, and oil change. Now I get to chase down a belt squeal at startup.
(I'd forgotten how much fun his vehicle is to drive.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom