What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Put her in the gym, lifting heavy weights...this toolbox weighs over 500lbs, handled it with ease, barely felt like i was carrying anything. This is good, i know what to expect when i load her up with overlanding gear for my trip across the USA.

38968537411_bdd713cb86_h.jpg

I need to get the box out of the truck tomorrow, probably just push it off, anyone know how much weight the tailgate can support?

Got a slee battery tray and odyssey 31 group battery installed

20171210_130528.jpg

Made a new mount with scrap for my Ram tablet mount. Three points of contact turned out SOLID! Zero movement. Super stoked with the results. No more squinting at a tiny cell phone screen for me!

tabmount1.jpg
tabmount2.jpg
tabmount3.jpg

Made a new mount with scrap for my Ram tablet mount. Three points of contact turned out SOLID! Zero movement. Super stoked with the results. No more squinting at a tiny cell phone screen for me!

View attachment 1589569 View attachment 1589570 View attachment 1589571
Sweet setup you got there! Couple questions: 1) Does this setup restrict passenger leg room if you had someone riding shotgun with you? 2) Where do you get the hardware for those additional points of contact? I have been considering adding one to my Ram setup as well to reduce movement while my phone is cradled and I'm simultaneously riding rough trails and trying to look at maps on my iPhone.

Sweet setup you got there! Couple questions: 1) Does this setup restrict passenger leg room if you had someone riding shotgun with you? 2) Where do you get the hardware for those additional points of contact? I have been considering adding one to my Ram setup as well to reduce movement while my phone is cradled and I'm simultaneously riding rough trails and trying to look at maps on my iPhone.

Thanks!

1) If you move the seat to a certain spot then your leg will end up resting on the mount which isn't comfortable. But in most seat positions it clears fine. My wife hasn't complained at all. I think a larger passenger may have issues, but you could always cut a deeper angle in the square tube. There's another two inches of room to angle it and bring it closer to the center console.

2) Cheapest I could find and they worked great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018TH66BM

View attachment 1589092 After 11 years of ownership, finally decided to build my 2007 100. Took it to Slee and added ARB bumper, Rigid Dual
Y LED fog lights and some Hella Black Magic lights. Put an extension on the Yakima Load Warrior rack I had bought for my FJ43 and now it fits the 100.

This could be a newb question but what is the badge you have on the grill?

So your additional points of contact are simply resting against the surface of the side of the center console and the area under your USB ports, correct? You didn't use any adhesive or anything to make it stick?

Correct, no additional adhesive. The feet are under compression so the arm stays solid. Easily removable if need be.

I got her registered, installed a new alternator, took off those stupid running boards. 150 mile road trip tomorrow, will be a nice test. I hope it doesn't die, it's supposed to be snowing and 8° in the morning! Any other new to me vehicle I'd be beyond nervous, but a Cruiser, no problem. Looking forward to lift and 33" tires.
20171212_170802.jpg

And officially named it Alejundro. The 100 series version of "Alejandro". Going by the urban dictionary meaning
"One who can hardly contain his awesomeness as it spills out of him everywhere he goes"

(Not me, the 100)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom