What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Serious repair ...

Rust really kills stuff.

@CatskillsRunner

C88B5E08-5431-4A6A-96A0-5D60C1009C5C.jpeg

I hose clamped the heat shields this morning... 1 banana job. No more rattle!!!

Prepping Vicki for winter mode

C3CBB159-92F3-4564-9B64-0EF34B47FB6B.jpeg

Yeah it's the original emblem, used satin black kylon Maxx and krylon satin clear, had it around the house.

Yeah it's the original emblem, used satin black kylon Maxx and krylon satin clear, had it around the house.

Thanks!

3 coats of paint 2 coat clear. I was going to use plastidip but figured I would never want to remove it after it was painted.

Traumatized! Attempted to reboot my torn CV’s. Sloppy sloppy job. I couldn’t get the freaking fastener straps on tights. Here’s a pic of the aftermath. Does anyone know the proper tool to tighten this style cv boot strap?

View attachment 1575234

View attachment 1575235

View attachment 1575236

View attachment 1575237
There is a special CV band tool here is one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/OTC-4623-Joint-Banding-Cutter/dp/B00063XX5U, however I have used zip ties in a pinch.

Preparing for a cross country trip, to hit Black Bear Pass and Utah's mighty 5. I'm not leaving until May 1st but started to prep the LC with whatever window of opportunity i have now. Can't wait to just leave work for a month.

38540972962_cd50b34482_b.jpg

sound dampened all the doors today, will do the rear cargo area and wheel well next day off. Trying to make this LC as quiet as the LX

If you live anywhere that has rust, new hardware is mandatory....

I’m going to be doing this job myself soon! Probably going to replace the flanges too. Might as well as I think a decent amount of movement comes from these as they age.

If you live anywhere that has rust, new hardware is mandatory....
View attachment 1578717
A full bearing job is in my near future too, I appreciate all the detailed pics with parts numbers. I'm guessing those pn's apply to all years of 100s? And just curious but what is the bag with the label "qty. 10" on the far right of the second to last pic? Are those the flange studs that you have to pound to get the cone washers off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom