What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (79 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finalizing my distributorship with TGT in Australia. The bumpers are made in Perth and are UN military spec approved. New line for the US market.

Front and Rear bumpers
Skid plate system
Fuel tanks (still finalizing the US/EPA/CARB)

J

Rear expedition bumper

upload_2017-4-25_16-29-38.png

Front XRox tube bar

upload_2017-4-25_16-30-31.png

Standard Bull Bar

upload_2017-4-25_16-30-56.png

Skidplate system

upload_2017-4-25_16-31-33.png

175 Litre Replacement Tank

upload_2017-4-25_16-32-16.png

@JakeTheSnakeNH Would be easy to just try the HI/LO heater button. If it doesn't work, then the button was added. Some folks have added the button for other uses. It is pre-wired and the output is under one of the front seats.

Very possible. Maybe it is prewired for laser beams or extra lights or something insanely cool.

It looks like the hi/lo button is not controlling anything...unless it's that laser somewhere. Tried multiple combinations of heat/cool/fan/auto settings, and that button doesn't seem to have an effect on temp, fan speed, or any dampers. I can only hear the solenoid click when switching from off to "lo", and only when front hvac not set to "auto".

Can someone help a noob out? Seems like a lot of tech savvy folks in here i have a few questions if someone have the time to answer that would be great.

1. Ride is getting soft, i'd like to replace the shocks, are all 4 corners the same shock? When i look at it, it's not listed as front or rear on amazon Amazon.com: Genuine Toyota 48511-69625 Shock Absorber Set: Automotive

2. Truck has 185K miles now, what else should i replace in the suspension to get that nice and tight feeling again?

3. Do i need to change springs too, or just the shocks?

TIA

This is what she looks like now after tires are put on, it raised it up by a good inch. I like it, have higher clearance now.

34232236336_df84a61c05_h.jpg

Can someone help a noob out? Seems like a lot of tech savvy folks in here i have a few questions if someone have the time to answer that would be great.

1. Ride is getting soft, i'd like to replace the shocks, are all 4 corners the same shock? When i look at it, it's not listed as front or rear on amazon Amazon.com: Genuine Toyota 48511-69625 Shock Absorber Set: Automotive

2. Truck has 185K miles now, what else should i replace in the suspension to get that nice and tight feeling again?

3. Do i need to change springs too, or just the shocks?

TIA

This is what she looks like now after tires are put on, it raised it up by a good inch. I like it, have higher clearance now.

34232236336_df84a61c05_h.jpg
I would suggest replacing all of your sway bar bushings front and back, and checking the bushings in your front control arms, and rear control arms. Maybe steering rack bushings too.

Here you go...
Shock Absorber - Toyota (48531-69835) | fat.parts

Absorber Set Shock - Toyota (48511-69585) | fat.parts

Of course, these are priced EACH. You will need two of each one.

These fit my 1998. You may want to double check to make sure they will fit yours. I don't think there's any difference. #disclaimer

Last edited:
^^^ Thanks! Very cheap too, can't believe these are that cheap, and bumper bracket, thin skinny piece of metal cost me $250...i don't get it.

Never posted any review - I went with the 4300K Hid upgrade also. Better than stock but still lacking in my opinion compared to earlier 100 series I have owned. The fit is nice and they "look" nicer. The lights come with a bunch of halo rings and other junk I did not wire up.

Bottom line I would recommend them as an upgrade and a nicer looking setup but dont expect miracles.

Mind sharing a link for the lights? I'm interested in replacing mine soon.

Finalizing my distributorship with TGT in Australia. The bumpers are made in Perth and are UN military spec approved. New line for the US market.

Front and Rear bumpers
Skid plate system
Fuel tanks (still finalizing the US/EPA/CARB)

J

Rear expedition bumper

View attachment 1448327

Front XRox tube bar

View attachment 1448328

Standard Bull Bar

View attachment 1448329

Skidplate system

View attachment 1448331

175 Litre Replacement Tank

View attachment 1448337

Do you have a price for front/rear bars yet?

20170426_150839.jpg
20170426_132405.jpg

Went to play in the Autumn snow in the Vic Alps where I live. This is a rarity in April in Australia and is guilt free, as we don't salt our roads.

Didn't even know the snow was there the LX is that competent. Grabber AT2's helped. Had to pull a bald tyre 80s series out as well as an ML350 and laughed at a Patrol and XC90 sliding all over.

Tried to do brakes today, the rear was super easy, i was expecting the guide pins to be seized but they came out without any hassle. Lubed it and put it back in. Went to the front, the pins holding the brakepads are completely seized, both sides. I shot it with PB blaster and soaked it, i torched it, i hit it with a hammer, wouldn't budge. I think It's time to get new calipers...sigh, upon doing brakes i notice all my bushings are cracking, gotta do those as well.

33449280334_1e38bde18d_b.jpg

Tried to do brakes today, the rear was super easy, i was expecting the guide pins to be seized but they came out without any hassle. Lubed it and put it back in. Went to the front, the pins holding the brakepads are completely seized, both sides. I shot it with PB blaster and soaked it, i torched it, i hit it with a hammer, wouldn't budge. I think It's time to get new calipers...sigh, upon doing brakes i notice all my bushings are cracking, gotta do those as well.

33449280334_1e38bde18d_b.jpg
Did you pull the cotter pin holding the pins in?

Did you pull the cotter pin holding the pins in?

yeah took everything out, i gave up so put everything back in and took a pic to show my friend and thought 'd post here too.

I figured as much, but wanted to ask any way. Sorry, I don't have any other ideas. Maybe brake cleaner?

I figured as much, but wanted to ask any way. Sorry, I don't have any other ideas. Maybe brake cleaner?

I used brake cleaner, i then soaked it in PB Blaster for a few hours, went to lunch, came back and hammered it, wont budge, hit it with a hammer, nothing. It seems like it's welded into the caliber or something, i'm sure others have had the same issue.

I used brake cleaner, i then soaked it in PB Blaster for a few hours, went to lunch, came back and hammered it, wont budge, hit it with a hammer, nothing. It seems like it's welded into the caliber or something, i'm sure others have had the same issue.
I wonder if you could saw off the end then drill to get a solid surface on which to use a punch. Just a thought.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom