What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Someone backed into my LC and insurance estimated a buttload of money, i chose to keep the money and fix it myself. I put the front bend together after running around trying to figure out the part number for that bumper filler bracket thing. Pocketed the rest of the money and used that to buy wheels, and getting some sliders next. Then I took the running boards off, man on the passenger side the bolt by the front wheel well is a b*tch to get to, had to disconnect the AC line to get to it.

34229957055_dbd75bae59_b.jpg

34073052162_f8133942dc_b.jpg

While i was down there, i saw this thing, what the heck is it? I just took it out because it was visible under the truck, seems to have 2 bushings inside.

33388349734_41357c1133_b.jpg

33388351614_09531278b2_b.jpg

what are you replacing it with?

Valvoline Max life. People will argue for days but if Valvoline says it's meets WS, I trust that they will stand behind it.

On that note, the transmission is shifting better than ever. I didn't know how bad it had gotten since I've only had it for a year now. Crazy the fluid could be so bad from no towing, daily driving.

Someone backed into my LC and insurance estimated a buttload of money, i chose to keep the money and fix it myself. I put the front bend together after running around trying to figure out the part number for that bumper filler bracket thing. Pocketed the rest of the money and used that to buy wheels, and getting some sliders next. Then I took the running boards off, man on the passenger side the bolt by the front wheel well is a b*tch to get to, had to disconnect the AC line to get to it.

While i was down there, i saw this thing, what the heck is it? I just took it out because it was visible under the truck, seems to have 2 bushings inside.

Question about attachment to undercarriage

You're cruiser is now going to shake apart and attract rust. Bummer, it was looking so good! :D

thats the thinggamerbober you took off. it suppose to keep the rig from leaning to the left

LOL

I did a search and it's some kind of vibration dampener, not sure how it's supposed to work. I mean that thing is rusted and seized up, i took it off because it's visible and looks like a tumor. I have more clearance now too :)

A little off subject, but did you ever post any pics regarding your headlight "upgrade"? I just noticed them. Mainly light output compared to stock...

Never posted any review - I went with the 4300K Hid upgrade also. Better than stock but still lacking in my opinion compared to earlier 100 series I have owned. The fit is nice and they "look" nicer. The lights come with a bunch of halo rings and other junk I did not wire up.

Bottom line I would recommend them as an upgrade and a nicer looking setup but dont expect miracles.

Finished reading through this entire thread, back to 2012. I must say it's the most concise and complete collection of mods, PM tips, and real world experiences there is in this forum. It's a newbie goldmine!

I took a ton of notes and will be steadily working down a long list of PM and upgrades. Thank you all for your contributions over the years!

- Jim

Finished reading through this entire thread, back to 2012. I must say it's the most concise and complete collection of mods, PM tips, and real world experiences there is in this forum. It's a newbie goldmine!

I took a ton of notes and will be steadily working down a long list of PM and upgrades. Thank you all for your contributions over the years!

- Jim

Welcome to the addiction:)

Replaced the seal on the AC condenser cover under the glove box. No more drip! The old one was shot...

IMG_2113.JPG

15 minute job. All of the bolts are easy to get to. It was a little tight removing the cover, but not bad. I've been putting this off for almost a year, I don't know why, it was super easy. Seal was $13 from local Toyota.

View attachment 1446435 Swapped out the factory HU with a Pioneer 8000NEX. Also deleted the cig lighter and installed dual USB wired back to the Pioneer for Apple CarPlay capability.

Next up is sourcing a label/cap for the transfer case shift knob...

Very strange as Rear AC was standard in 2000 and onward. Never seen this heater button in a US spec 2000 model year truck. The 98's and 99's had rear heat and the rear AC was optional in 1999.

Do you have the big red heat knob in the back of the center console for the rear passengers?

Do you have both Rear AC with controls and vents in the ceiling and rear heat? Never seen that. Maybe the truck is from Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom