What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I reupholstered my driver's seat pan. In the process I learned the previous owner once again stripped out the seat arm rest bolt, causing me great time spent in modifying a fix with tap and die kit, drilling, and fitting new bolt. The 2000 LC100 does not have a leather seat arm rest cover that you can turn inside out, so I'll later be ordering a new one.
The seat pan leather replacement is phenomenal. I got if from Wolfmans Auto and Cycle Seats. The owner does a how to video on Youtube, and even sells you the hog ring pliers you will need to do the job. I am thrilled with the customer support and product from this small business. A+++ Excellent.

View attachment 3584578

View attachment 3584580

View attachment 3584587
Have you seen the thread about taking both arm rests off and flipping the leather upside down on opposite sides… may solve your issue for now. Worked great for me. Took like 20 minutes.

I was getting a bit of hood vibration, so changed out the old hood seal which was pretty flat and worn compared to the new one. Not sure I needed new hood bumpers, but I put them on anyway. Also added some more lights on a hood switch, which give a good bit of light. Haven’t driven it yet to see if these make any difference.
IMG_4782.jpeg
IMG_4783.jpeg
IMG_4784.jpeg
IMG_4785.jpeg
IMG_0230.jpeg

I reupholstered my driver's seat pan. In the process I learned the previous owner once again stripped out the seat arm rest bolt, causing me great time spent in modifying a fix with tap and die kit, drilling, and fitting new bolt. The 2000 LC100 does not have a leather seat arm rest cover that you can turn inside out, so I'll later be ordering a new one.
The seat pan leather replacement is phenomenal. I got if from Wolfmans Auto and Cycle Seats. The owner does a how to video on Youtube, and even sells you the hog ring pliers you will need to do the job. I am thrilled with the customer support and product from this small business. A+++ Excellent.

View attachment 3584578

View attachment 3584580

View attachment 3584587
Nice! Been putting off the same job because I never liked the look of the leather offered from other companies, if just doing the seat skin. The leather Wolfman uses looks OEM from the pictures you posted. The stitching looks really good, too. He had 1 driver seat skin in gray for the LX left, and I placed the order. Thanks for posting and letting us know about his shop!

This week I randomly had an intermittent no crank no start. Was almost stranded but thankfully I found I was able to slowly turn the key back after START and it would engage the starter.

After doing a bunch of reading on here it sounded like it could be starter contacts... It ended up being the ignition switch which makes total sense especially once I found the switch was aftermarket.

Also just a heads up the factory switch (84450-12200) is available on Amazon for $40! It is $97 from TPD

View attachment 3589659
View attachment 3589671
That's what the contacts in mine looked like when it started to get flaky at three hundred and something thousand miles and twenty four years.

Reactions: tip
Nice! Been putting off the same job because I never liked the look of the leather offered from other companies, if just doing the seat skin. The leather Wolfman uses looks OEM from the pictures you posted. The stitching looks really good, too. He had 1 driver seat skin in gray for the LX left, and I placed the order. Thanks for posting and letting us know about his shop!
I'm even considering getting the passenger side too, although it is perfect other than being old and sun beaten. I'm loving the new leather look in the Land Cruiser, it's like a glimpse of the past, how it would have been off the show room floor. glad I could help.

Spent the weekend in socal with the kids and front driver window decided to jump out of the guide rail and refuse to close all the way up, had to do a pitstop at the nearest harbor freight in North Hollywood for some basic tools. Done in less than an hour. Always an adventure with this 18 year old carView attachment 3590607
What kind/color of seats are those? Any better pictures?

Finally I deleted the fender flares and running boards. wow, what a difference. I see more mods coming in the future before it is all said and done for this truck. After seeing the LC100 this way, I'd never opt to re-install either the boards or the flares. Great improvement on looks for the cost of nothing. I have some work to do cleaning up, but that can be for another day. This was a bit of a filthy job.
PROS
Easier getting under to grease the drive shaft
Probably going to gain an ever so slight improvement on mpg
Obviously clearance is better and now there's an open invitation for rock sliders
I believe I'm probably saving paint damage with less chance of rust under the plastic

CONS are up to you. for me... none.

tempImagevJq48g.png

tempImagebnQHJu.png

tempImageMkYnbm.png

tempImage4DumV2.png

After 4 years , finally replaced the passenger door actuator . Best $5 spent !!!!

View attachment 3596166

View attachment 3596167
You are lucky none of the cable stops in the actuator assembly broke like mine did. 20 year old plastics become brittle over time. Luckily, I already had a complete actuator assembly coming in so the down time was minimal. I thought about using JB Weld on it but when I opened up the assembly, all the plastic tabs holding the case to the metal assembly broke off. Plus, it was probably not a good idea to use JB weld on a part that, if it broke, would prevent me from being able to use the inside door handle.
IMG_4307.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom