What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone have a preferred sound-dampening brand/thickness? I will be doing this to the entire cabin this summer. Anyone with thoughts and suggestions?
I've always used Dynamat Xtreme. You don't need to cover the entire surface. More like a third of it give or take if I remember correctly.

At some point I'm going to go back and fill in the rear quarter panel and pull the headliner to do the roof. I've sealed all of the door gaps with rubber seals. The only noise that now enters the cabin is tire noise (very faint) and anything gap above the belt line. It's a little discombobulating at first as the only sound is up high now.
All this from a 20$ purchase lmao!

Looks good man

Where'd you get the TJM from? I see you're in CA, they make these down in San Diego but everywhere I look wants to slap $300 on for freight.
Sorry for slow reply, was out driving around for a couple weeks. I got it from autoanything.com. There’s a discount code for first orders, and also one for mud members. I think it came in less than $1100 delivered including tax.

Sorry for slow reply, was out driving around for a couple weeks. I got it from autoanything.com. There’s a discount code for first orders, and also one for mud members. I think it came in less than $1100 delivered including tax.

Whats the code for mud members? looking at getting a TJM13

Finally got the right part to fix my broken subwoofer surround. I have included the part number from the Amazon kit that I used. I ordered two previous kits that didn’t fit even though they claimed to be for a 6” speaker. I ended up with this final kit by looking at review photos and someone posted a picture of their repaired 100 series sub.

Whats the code for mud members? looking at getting a TJM13
I don’t remember off hand, but whenever I order something expensive and get to the part of the checkout process where there’s an opportunity to enter a discount code, I enter the vendor name and “discount code” into Google and see what it comes with.

Car wash today. It always seems to run smoother and have more power afterward.

Tomorrow night I drop it off at the mechanic to hopefully get the misfire diagnosed and fixed.
What year and is it carburetored ? If it has a carb chek your adjustment on the linkage that drives the pump squirt. If it is to wide you will get a stumble when you twist the throttle. Misfire can be bad plug, bad wire or cracked distributor cap. Not knowing the year and engine it's hard to diagnos it.

😍 I have really really really wanted to have mine repainted - white all over just like this! May I ask how much $$$ that job cost?
I actually painted it myself… I really don’t know how to put a number on it.

I had to actually repair the truck after a branch fell on the truck… so I basically decided to just spend extra on my time and materials to completely refinish the entire truck.

It’s pretty expensive to completely refinish a vehicle nowadays… it could cost you anywhere from $5k to $10k, that’s just a rough figure. It all depends on if you are sticking with the same color, changing the color, and how far you are going (say if you are going into the jams, under the hood, etc)…

You could go really cheap and take it to somewhere like Maaco, and they’ll just tape everything up (instead of completely tearing the truck down)… and probably get it done for under $5k ish?

Complete refinishes can get pretty expensive. When I repainted my FJ62, if I wouldn’t have done it myself it would have probably been $10k+

91D9A8E2-002A-4A45-A97C-DC24386C29A1.jpeg
3E60B133-08E7-449F-B458-B4C26F858B7A.jpeg
5E452386-CBFC-4583-91B6-5975FCD22284.jpeg
ED221622-491D-462F-9FB7-244D215C4175.jpeg

Just went through the same thing after taking a tree branch to the dome… We didn’t run into too much rust, but the molding rivet holes were wallowed out.

Welded them up and re-drilled them.

Definitely relieves some of the anxiety that comes with TLCOCD!

Took the day to install my Dissent rear bumper, new reverse lights and a RedArc brake controller. I'm very happy with it.

While running wires for the lights and brakes I found this fortune stuck to the inside of the rear quarter panel. Wonder who stuck it there.

20230611_151102.jpg

20230611_151227.jpg

20230611_192809.jpg

Realized I put concentrate coolant when I replaced my radiator, So drained half and put half water in. I have randomly been having small coolant puddles ever other(ish) drive after I shut it off. Hopefully that fixes the problem. Additionally, retorqued alot of the suspension components, and prepping for baja on Wednesday, then again next next Thursday.

Installed Trail Tailor soft shackle recovery points and rear lower control skids.

Re: rLCA skids- floor Jack under the pinion made bolt alignment a breeze. a little flange bending on driver side truck bracket was needed to hang the skid. BFH (2lb plastic dead blow) both sides for skid alignment.

Installed the 3rd row AC redirect from Cruiser DM and it works great! Passengers love it especially the unlucky middle seat.

Had to re relocate my license plate camera since I got a swing out carrier from 80%offroad. I cut it into one piece rather than having the rectangle shape and mounted on the lower bumper cover held on my nuts/bolts and topped off with silicone.

Got pulled over at night (just a warning) for not having a light on my license plate so I installed this Amazon battery solar light thing. Works well but the only downside is having it on all night since it senses the dark. I can switch it off but I know I'll forget to turn it back on.

Rerouted my plug for android auto because it was wired stupidly under neath the steering wheel and kept tickling my leg. Put it underneath the coin tray next to cigarette lighter. It doesn't close all the way but it works for me.

Next on list is trans drain and fill, reindexing the torsion bars, and the dreaded front diff bushings along with the diff drop. Almost dropped the money on diff cover to avoid the bushing removal but I just did fluid change on everything.
20230608_172041.jpg
20230608_172053.jpg
20230608_172415.jpg
20230608_172353.jpg
20230608_175959.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom