What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

She has been hibernating for over a month now. I do like the car cover it has a zipper access opening on the driver door and costs just under $70 from Amazon.
C58E9167-E1E6-46DC-B4D5-2C7E48B41FE8.jpeg

Last edited:
A78EA011-1AE1-4770-B3DF-A6450935F42C.jpeg

Just found today some rust under the paint on top of my windshield. Am I missing some weather stripping that is causing draining problems? I don’t quite see a paint chip there that could have caused the rust.

I pulled spare tire carrier and rear bumper cover and gave the frame etc a solid coating of tinted black Woolwax. This rust free Texas truck must be preserved forever!

View attachment 3147436

View attachment 3147437
Dude, can you not? That thing is so stinking clean that it's ridiculous. Haha, never have I ever seen't anyone with clean brake dust shields except you. Brilliant!

View attachment 3147269

Just found today some rust under the paint on top of my windshield. Am I missing some weather stripping that is causing draining problems? I don’t quite see a paint chip there that could have caused the rust.
I went through a repair of something just like that when I first got my LC. Cost me $500 to repair , add metal, repaint, but looks good as new now. It is probably a bit ugly with the metal under the weather stripping.

Dude, can you not? That thing is so stinking clean that it's ridiculous. Haha, never have I ever seen't anyone with clean brake dust shields except you. Brilliant!
Thanks! It does not show its age that’s for sure. It’s like new underneath. 200k on it now and it looks and drives like it has 30k.

Funny you say that because I did pick up a winter car. The problem is I really miss not driving the LX.
Probably some wicked early 100 series with a batmobile add-on right?

Drove it for the first time in a month. The key battery was dead but charged up after I got to the destination.

8501F1E4-9054-4F21-8D2F-E750F2C0A315.jpeg

7B54F124-0B24-4779-A6D4-805CD7A1EC3A.jpeg

5A5AB706-A250-4D32-A2BB-166615D302D6.jpeg

Removed two crusty stuck bolts from the previous receiver hitch. Required dremel cutting the welded nut, heating up what was left and banging them out of the frame.

Took a couple hours but the new Curt receiver hitch is on. I used Trail Tailor’s bolts and got some flange nuts from McMaster carr. I finagled a long breaker bar to hold th nuts in place while i torqued the bolts below. I wish I could have found the serrated nuts which would have helped.

Just waiting for a couple coats of rust converter and encapsulator to cure before putting the plastic back on.

Went to swap out a loud tensioner pulley and didn't feel like dropping the skid plate or removing the air box and of course made life harder on myself than it should have been. finally got the pulley off and as I was picking up the new OEM one, I realized it was the wrong size... I THOUGHT I double triple checked the part number before ordering. so I got to reinstall a rickety squeaky pulley until I can get another one.

Went to swap out a loud tensioner pulley and didn't feel like dropping the skid plate or removing the air box and of course made life harder on myself than it should have been. finally got the pulley off and as I was picking up the new OEM one, I realized it was the wrong size... I THOUGHT I double triple checked the part number before ordering. so I got to reinstall a rickety squeaky pulley until I can get another one.

Been there. Replace the whole tensioner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom