What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
it looks sharp Andrew ,

i installed them on both front side door of SUPER HILUX too ..... :cool:

1665461648222.png

Huge shout out to @ClassyJalopy and @MongooseGA for being generally awesome and having some fantastic ideas to help me along. I had that super sweet cold start 007 Bond smoke screen going on. After eliminating the scaries like head gasket failure or compression loss we came up with this. Thanks, fellas you rock! Burned coolant temperature sensor. I owe you guys some non-HR-approved contact at a later point. Or adult beverages.
Stuff used:
P/N 89422-20010 $57 + new copper crush washer
pick for releasing the plastic clip
19mm (left loosey/righty tighty)
PB blaster for 15 mins.
rag to wipe off the coolant and PB blaster
brake clean to clean up the mess after
One creative curse word
wash your hands you filthy animal.

IMG_E0984.JPG

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0988.JPG

Huge shout out to @ClassyJalopy and @MongooseGA for being generally awesome and having some fantastic ideas to help me along. I had that super sweet cold start 007 Bond smoke screen going on. After eliminating the scaries like head gasket failure or compression loss we came up with this. Thanks, fellas you rock! Burned coolant temperature sensor. I owe you guys some non-HR-approved contact at a later point. Or adult beverages.
Stuff used:
PB blaster for 15 mins.
One creative curse word

View attachment 3138102

View attachment 3138103

View attachment 3138104
Those wires running up to that sensor experience a lot of heat cycles and become brittle, you may want to wrap the end there with some extra electrickity tape

Those wires running up to that sensor experience a lot of heat cycles and become brittle, you may want to wrap the end there with some extra electrickity tape
Good call sir. That will be next. Thank you. I have some spare loom lying around from that awesome alternator mess so I'll throw that on there for safekeeping along with the electrical tape.

Stuff used:
PB blaster for 15 mins.
One creative curse word

View attachment 3138102

View attachment 3138103

View attachment 3138104
I already know @ClassyJalopy will pass on the drink so I'll take that, you can give him the adult contact.

View attachment 3138124
It may be the angle of the photo… but it looks like extra slack in the throttle cable…?
Think it's the angle. That thing is tight. any movement increases RPMs with no hesitation that I have seen. But good call nonetheless I will double-check to confirm.

So my tailpipe to resonator broke off at the muffler and partially fried the harness to my rear elocker. New muffler arrives today, hope to drop the old one, try to solder broken wires back together and get the new one hung.

I am fan of these self soldering connectors for repairing wires.
Amazon product ASIN B07HCNTZ2Z

Pulled the head unit out and installed the bt45-toy to improve the Bluetooth situation. Not as bad as I was expecting. Now I just need to figure out where to put the microphone. It looks like garbage just hanging down by the rear view mirror right now. Next up is replacing the door speakers with something that doesn’t sound like the cone is barely hanging on by a shred of paper.

Pulled the head unit out and installed the bt45-toy to improve the Bluetooth situation. Not as bad as I was expecting. Now I just need to figure out where to put the microphone. It looks like garbage just hanging down by the rear view mirror right now. Next up is replacing the door speakers with something that doesn’t sound like the cone is barely hanging on by a shred of paper.
Can you run it up the headliner and clip it on the left/rear side of the map lights as close to the rear as possible? Keeps the wind noise to a minimum there while you try screaming over the tires. Or on the steering column collar toward the passenger side. You will still get some driveline noise but helps with the wind as well.

I mounted my Kenwood microphone on the far right side of the instrument bezel… it works well… I’ve been told that my calls sound like I am at home, so road noise is negligible.

Cable routing to this location is simple as well…

853A6B95-5A6E-4978-A457-C0544D0DFAEC.jpeg

I may
I mounted my Kenwood microphone on the far right side of the instrument bezel… it works well… I’ve been told that my calls sound like I am at home, so road noise is negligible.

Cable routing to this location is simple as well…

View attachment 3138475
I may have to move mine to here. We’ll see how the sound is today while I’m on the road. Luckily dash want too hard to take apart so rerouting won’t be too hard. Thanks for the heads up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom