What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nothing very exciting. I replaced the cabin air filters this weekend and removed the fan to ensure that there was no debris. Oh, I put gas in it!

All of my efforts have been on the FJ62. I have a long list for that one!

Great thread idea.
how do you remove the fan for debris? i swear my front ac system has some leaves or something in it, you can hear them when the air is cranked up.

how do you remove the fan for debris? i swear my front ac system has some leaves or something in it, you can hear them when the air is cranked up.
@trdcorolla how do you clean that out? pretty sure mine has a bunch of crap in it. thx

Three T-20 Torx screws. Finally replaced my blower motor after squeaking on and off for a few years. Removing it and oiling it no longer worked. Part number 87103-60250

66B8CB2D-B2DD-4539-9B99-FC5027C16183.jpeg

After a lot of indecision we finally bought a Huracan Tailgate storage kit and put it in yesterday.

gyE0pXV.jpg

AX9cblX.jpg

7fI1hcT.jpg

mXVELZW.jpg

2nr2qGQ.jpg

vgLcnEy.jpg

Last edited:
After a lot of indecision we finally bought a Huracan Tailgate storage kit and put it in yesterday.

gyE0pXV.jpg

AX9cblX.jpg

7fI1hcT.jpg

mXVELZW.jpg

2nr2qGQ.jpg

vgLcnEy.jpg
Were you able to adjust the right side latch so that it closes tight and still doesn't interfere with the ock cylinder?

Were you able to adjust the right side latch so that it closes tight and still doesn't interfere with the ock cylinder?

I removed the lock / barrel from the tailgate and used their grommet to seal the hole. In the nearly 10yrs I've owned the car I have never used the key to operate the tailgate..... so I felt safe to delete it 👍

I removed the lock / barrel from the tailgate and used their grommet to seal the hole. In the nearly 10yrs I've owned the car I have never used the key to operate the tailgate..... so I felt safe to delete it 👍
That makes a lot of sense. Any tips on removing it? did you need to remove the plastic panel on the outside to get access to the lock cylinder?

Note: thoroughly check integrity of new parts before removing old ones, especially parts needed for the rig to run. I had to double replace my thermostat when my 1st new one from the Mr. T dealership had a bad seal. FML.

Anyways, 187F at idle with ambient in mid 80s. Bang on.

Last edited:
Did a 0-60 run on my 1998 with 142k miles. 2in lift, gamiviti roof rack, 33s on tundra wheels, DT catback exhaust

13.25 seconds at 6,400ft

my wife’s stock 2016 GX460 with tires one size taller than stock did 0-60 at 6,400ft in 9.81 seconds Lexus rates this as 7.8 - curious what the times wil be at sea level. I’ll report back in a few months

Last edited:
Did a 0-60 run on my 1998 with 142k miles. 2in lift, gamiviti roof rack, 33s on tundra wheels, DT catback exhaust

13.25 seconds at 6,400ft

my wife’s stock 2016 GX460 with tires one size taller than stock did 0-60 at 6,400ft in 9.81 seconds Lexus rates this as 7.8 - curious what the times wil be at sea level. I’ll report back in a few months
Reminds me of the time my wife and I raced each other to 60mph,my 12' TL lost to her 10' IS350C

Reminds me of the time my wife and I raced each other to 60mph,my 12' TL lost to her 10' IS350C

I think if I regear and or supercharge I might have her! At that point I could buy a civic SI haha

That makes a lot of sense. Any tips on removing it? did you need to remove the plastic panel on the outside to get access to the lock cylinder?

I think there may be several varieties of the locking arrangement, ours is the one with just a square spring clip holding the barrel / no plastic panel on the outside, it came out nice and easy with a large screwdriver.

20200923_225301.jpg

Been working on odd's and ends while I save up for a rear swing out and sliders. Finally coming along, it's been a slow build as the baselining seems endless.

Did spidertrax spacers from Slee this week. Rub a little with 295 75 16, but I think a little TB crank/plastic trim will fix it.

IMG_2492.jpeg
IMG_2488.jpeg

FYI a 295 fits underneath with the integrated hitch receiver.

IMG_2484.jpeg

Her second go around White Rim. Glad I did a new radiator last spring! We had a high of 113...

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted. Replaced a leaky front diff pinion seal and upgraded my upper control arms. Also prepping for a 7 day, 850 mile all on dirt Nevada trip. Follow the hashtag #2020roxnevada if interested in following along.

D314EACA-B7F3-42CE-901B-41D44FE9277F.jpeg

B5662E7C-5794-4AF7-9E66-E5038AA26A83.jpeg

26391A4B-1D6C-4AA7-BBD4-0186E4CF22E2.jpeg

D4730A00-700C-4AE0-A76F-9B2648D69422.jpeg

Made a CV axle puller. $20 w/shipping & all hardware included. 6" long 16ga 1" steel square tubing drilled & reamed using a manual vertical mill. Painted with self-etching primer & flat black enamel. More info & discussion can be found in the most recent posts here - Wheel Bearings Service w/Pics. PM if you'd like one.

IMG_3017.JPG

IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3024.JPG

IMG_3028.jpg

Finally installed lights to my owl expedition rock light mounts. Going to attempt to make a cutout of some sort to reflect a lexus L or LX470 or???

View attachment 2444477
Nice, what kind of lights? I'm assuming just plug and play on the factory side step harness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom