What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (51 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Too much gas?
Altitude?

I mean :doh::meh:

20200712_102338_1.gif

This weekend I installed @Ramathorn15 stainless steel front seat under brackets. Very well made and currently on sale! 100 Series Land Cruiser and LX470 (1998-2007) Fire Extinguisher/MOLLE Mount They definitely are beefy and I have no worries mounting a fire extinguisher there.

Unbolting the seats makes it 100x easier (and is part of the instructions), but I thought I could do it with just an extension on my cordless ratchet and angling the seat up. A few minutes in and I lost a bolt underneath the seat...

I applied marine grade antiseize (bostch neverseez) on each seat bolt to prevent any corrosion, on both sides 2 bolts were clean, but 2 had mild surface rust. Also with the seats unbolted, I had a chance to vacuum and clean up the center console.

DS waiting for me to find my quick fist straps for the fire extinguisher.
741C4682-20AC-44BE-991E-DA67BEC2AE10.jpeg

PS with the molle strap.
20D16ED6-5F37-42D6-B339-C757DFF91617.jpeg
Another plus was the spiffy new vendor sticker added to my collection on the 3rd row window.
B2678714-75AB-431A-8517-E39A6F00A3F8.jpeg

Last edited:
Where was this and what was the altitude? This happened to me too a while back.

To my best knowledge it’s gotta do with some of the western states having too much alcohol content in their gas and also the altitude.

Cleghorn trail Phelan, CA about 90 outside

Maybe 5500-6000

Reactions: ls6
This weekend I installed @Ramathorn15 stainless steel front seat under brackets. Very well made and currently on sale! 100 Series Land Cruiser and LX470 (1998-2007) Fire Extinguisher/MOLLE Mount They definitely are beefy and I have no worries mounting a fire extinguisher there.
View attachment 2370120Another plus was the spiffy new vendor sticker added to my collection on the 3rd row window.

I was looking at these the other day... this made me pull the trigger

How do you like the upgraded Sways ("TJM (Sump Skid + F Sway Bar), SuperPro (R Sway Bar)," any thread out there with your driving impressions?

Last edited:

Do you have these Philips LEDS from Ali? Price looks great. how do you like them? Lumens are about 2900 total. 55Watt HIDs like from DDM are rated up to 5000 lumens w/ some bulbs.

I know nothing about LEDS so i have stayed away b/c it seems like you get what you pay for.

IMG-4474.JPG

Took nearly 3 weeks to test everything out on the 2005 cruiser. After installing the Dobinsons 2" lift with the mono-shocks, the new Dobinsons torsion bars, and the right sprints, the cruiser handled everything effortlessly. Highway driving at 70+ was smooth and the steering was responsive. Just before leaving I installed the Cooper tires on a beautiful set of 17" Australian 200 series wheels. No road noise from the larger and more aggressive tires.

The single Dobinsons drawer on the left side along with the fitment kit worked perfectly. 3 bags of tools, axe, machete, and recovery gear was able to fit nicely in the space on the left. In the drawer I kept an Iron Lodge Iron pot, large pan, and enough canned food to get us through an extended hurricane getaway, or just a great trip. We finished nearly all the food, time to restock. In the space behind the drawer I was able to perfectly fit the Cook Partner Stove, there just isn't a better stove, it works excellent, is rugged, and was used daily on our trip.

The only thing I would have loved to have left at home was the cargo container. But, it was necessary, and for testing out the vehicle for real life situations it worked out great. This is one of my favorite spots in Tennessee west of Deep Creek.

In all the trip was 3332.2 miles and I used less than a gallon so I'm super excited.

After getting knock sensor circuit codes with increasing frequency, I replaced the knock sensor cable. The old one had cracked insulation and I'm not even sure it was OEM. While I was in there, I swapped out the cheap parts store starter for a Denso that I rebuilt with new contacts, seals, fresh grease, etc. Also fab'd a new starter solenoid cable since two POs ago Jimmy rigged one that was all cracked. He had also installed Autolite spark plugs, which I replaced with Densos. Also replaced my valve cover gaskets and spark plug tube grommets, intake gaskets, injector upper and lower grommets/insulators and o-rings, power steering low pressure hoses and air control valve, oil filler gasket, oil dipstick o-ring, and almost all of the vacuum lines. The last few are on the way. Replaced coil boots/grommets/springs and swapped one cracked coil for my trail spare. I did order all new replacements after seeing their condition. With the recent fuel filter and lines, I'm feeling much better about the integrity of the soft bits under the hood, the robust starter, and hopefully having no more knock sensor codes. I'm also happy to have these injector seals replaced! I like to think that the old girl is feeling refreshed, and she is definitely running smoother.
IMG_20200708_161616.jpg
IMG_20200708_161621.jpg

I was looking at these the other day... this made me pull the trigger, these are super cheap

How do you like the upgraded Sways ("TJM (Sump Skid + F Sway Bar), SuperPro (R Sway Bar)," any thread out there with your driving impressions?

Hi @ls6 , sent you a PM. But #TLDR. I like them a lot, however if I had to do it again I would have gone with SuperPro in the front too and used OEM brackets and not the supplied bracket from TJM/Whiteline. I suspect that with more weight on the truck, like a rear bumper and roof top tent, the improvement would be much more noticeable in the winding mountain roads.

Reactions: ls6
Do you have these Philips LEDS from Ali? Price looks great. how do you like them? Lumens are about 2900 total. 55Watt HIDs like from DDM are rated up to 5000 lumens w/ some bulbs.

I know nothing about LEDS so i have stayed away b/c it seems like you get what you pay for.
I have them yep. These are half the price , so you get HB3 & HB4 for about the same price you get a single bulb locally (more or less). Delivery was about 2-3 weeks.

These are the best LED brand on the market, I researched plenty and the heat ribbons (dissapation) are the same as STEDIs and the best also.

With LEDs the placement of the actual LED needs to be exactly the same as where the element sits in a normal Halogen or HID bulb. Don't be fooled by Ebay stuff the light won't spread correctly in the housing. A little bit of adjustment was needed to seat the bulb straight up and down

I'm not really concerned about lumens, for me its the power savings all round. These are bright as anything especially on high beam (HB3) they work brilliantly. On low beam (HB4) they kind of spread a little uneven, but it is very hard to tell. I have 6000k all round once I get Hard Korr spots & find some fogs maybe STEDIs. I think the higher lumens are for the spots and light bar. Driving lights I’m not really needing high output lumens

These are also first generation LED high/low beam driving lights made by Philips they have more powerful ones now if you want to pay that price though. Quite expensive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom