What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (54 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Used one to pick-up another. One of the first orders of business was replacing the hideous rims.

88296FBB-8036-4995-BAE5-55CC5EA129B1.jpeg

0C9ED36A-6ECC-46D4-9B5C-F573CD7510B6.jpeg

Already looks a lot better. Already knocked out the carpet shampoo, headlight replacement, new antenna mast, engine cleaning, wiper blades, hood and tailgate supports and wash.

Still on the to do list, new brake booster, heater T’s, AHC fix, looks like it might have a small leak and new key fobs.

Used one to pick-up another. One of the first orders of business was replacing the hideous rims.

View attachment 2189465

View attachment 2189466
Already looks a lot better. Already knocked out the carpet shampoo, headlight replacement, new antenna mast, engine cleaning, wiper blades, hood and tailgate supports and wash.

Still on the to do list, new brake booster, heater T’s, AHC fix, looks like it might have a small leak and new key fobs.
What size tires and rims are on the cruiser pulling the other one. What kind of tires is on it also

View attachment 2189465

View attachment 2189466

That looked like the one I saw here local in Vegas?

Reupholstered the front seats and center console with Lseat leather. Installed a Sony XAV-AX1000 head unit. Ran 14 gauge speaker wire that I had laying around. Installed pioneer 6.5 3 way coaxial speakers in the front doors TS-A1670F-3.

I still have a backup camera, and a 4 channel Kenwood KAC-8452 from 2005 that I plan on installing. I ordered a Pyle PLPW6D thatI will replace the factory sub with. I plan on running the front doors and the sub off of the amp. I will run the rear doors(previous owner installed Polk dB 4”) off of the head unit. I will pull some 10 gauge from a previously installed amp kit to the head unit, which should give the internal amp a little more oomph.

holy smokes kids change everything about your life. I never would have imagined I would be a guy who did any of the following. I don’t want to sacrifice cargo space to a sub. I am installing Pyle products because I don’t hear in 4K anymore. I installed a Sony head unit because it has a volume knob and inputs on its face. I almost broke my cell phone belt clip while laying under the steering wheel to run wires.

Last edited:
I am very pleased with how they came came out. I would describe the process as simple but long. I amMechanically sympathetic but not artistic or aesthetically minded at all and I could do this job easily if I had the time. I did the passenger seat in 30 minute increments over the course of 2 weeks to figure out how I was going to screw up. Then I did the drivers seat in about 4-5 hours on MLK day Wear gloves, the bottom of the seat is similar to barbed wire wire.

I bought this which made it simple:
Straight Hog Ring Pliers Set & 200pcs Galvanized Hog Rings - Upholstery Installation Kit Amazon product ASIN B07CVCT721
I used this to secure the center console cover:
Gorilla 14 oz. Spray Adhesive

I used these to remove the old hog rings and they didn't slip once:
Knipex 87 01 180 7-1/4-Inch Cobra Pliers Amazon product ASIN B000X4PU26
I accidentally tore one rod out of the foam, and I used this to secure it back in place:
Gorilla White Glue, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001L6CVS6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_kVlkEbGC78ZKF

I used this to steam the foam to "reinvigorate" it:
BISSELL 39N7A/39N71 Steam Shot Deluxe Hard-Surface Cleaner, Light Green https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EYHAGS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qWlkEbEDV5FED
EE79CB24-B28F-48E5-A458-0E88531BAA70.jpeg

I did that project last year. It's not hard, just time consuming the first time around because your dismantling and trying to remember where everything goes. Just take your time, take pictures to help you remember some of the details as you disassemble and you'd be fine. 1st seat took me about 5.5hrs second about half that time. I only did the fronts for now. With multiple kids the circus area back rows can stay as is until their old enough I to be trusted with new leather!

View attachment 2189465

View attachment 2189466

Hey, I may have the same rims? I replaced my with original 16" wheels so that I could put 255/85R16 Coopers on them instead of the PO who had Anterra 18 inch wheels. I don't know what it was back in 2003'ish but everyone who bought an LX put these high priced wheels on them. I still have mine, I want to sell them, but I am not letting them go for cheap.

I am very pleased with how they came came out. I would describe the process as simple but long. I amMechanically sympathetic but not artistic or aesthetically minded at all and I could do this job easily if I had the time. I did the passenger seat in 30 minute increments over the course of 2 weeks to figure out how I was going to screw up. Then I did the drivers seat in about 4-5 hours on MLK day Wear gloves, the bottom of the seat is similar to barbed wire wire.

Straight Hog Ring Pliers Set & 200pcs Galvanized Hog Rings - Upholstery Installation Kit Amazon product ASIN B07CVCT721

I accidentally tore one rod out of the foam, and I used this to secure it back in place:
Gorilla White Glue, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001L6CVS6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_kVlkEbGC78ZKF

BISSELL 39N7A/39N71 Steam Shot Deluxe Hard-Surface Cleaner, Light Green https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EYHAGS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qWlkEbEDV5FED
View attachment 2189877

Thanks a lot for the detailed response! Helps a lot for sure. I've done my steering wheel cover, and I know these taking hours and hours

Finally solved the parasitic draw issue in my 06 LX. I think. Turned out it was the Lexus Link system. 150-160mA with system connected, 40-50mA without. Had to pull the fuse too to avoid a “not connected” warning with key in the ignition. Also for good measure, pulled out three aftermarket DVD players and some sort of FM transmitter.

View attachment 2189877
I too have the need for this, and since the responses are so mixed with Lseats, I wanted to ask. Did it come with armrests as pictured? What about center console?

I got the switch and module too. My truck has the wiring in the cab for the switch and module, but the frame wiring harness doesnt have the correct wiring. I will probably use the harness kit from Low Range Offroad with the oem switch.

That's a much better deal than I'm looking at ($700 - $250 for returned open axle). The $700 includes all the wiring, switch, and module, if that helps.
I got the switch and module too. My truck has the wiring in the cab for the switch and module, but the frame wiring harness doesnt have the correct wiring. I will probably use the harness kit from Low Range Offroad with the oem switch.

I paid $500 including shipping from Sacramento CA. Another $200 in small parts, Low range offroad built harness etc. Installed it in my garage over a weekend. pre-2000 LC and LX both have a slot in the dashboard for the rear locking diff light, it just doesn't have a bulb in it. I chose to not deal with any of the existing wiring/light/switch. Which made the whole wiring very straight forward: Plug in the locker and position sensor on one end and install the switch with access to power on another end.
Oh the the plug to connect to the rear sensor was wrong, so I had to buy the correct plug and splice it in.

I too have the need for this, and since the responses are so mixed with Lseats, I wanted to ask. Did it come with armrests as pictured? What about center console?

It came with the arm rests. The center console was an extra $20. I emailed them and asked for them to include it then mailed them a check.

Could they be better? Yes, but I can't afford that option. I am not going to spend $1k+ on seats. I would say that I got much more than my money's worth. Do they look as good as anyone elses car that I get in? Yes. Will you win your local club's concourse de Elegance factory restoration trophy? Maybe, they are close and much better than factory seats with 200k miles on them.

Last edited:
Installed the TD rear panhard. Adjusted to be a hair longer than the factory one that I took off. Had to raise the driver side of the axle slightly to make the holes align. Tightened up the big nut and check nut with a pipe wrench.
Also, replaced the rear sway bar bushings. Managed to break off one of the mounting bolts :bang: Driver's side is held by only one bolt at the moment.
20200123_132737.jpg

20200123_131100.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom