What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They were going up for free on Beach-n-Toys. PM me if you want them.

My anxiously awaited service manuals showed up today. And, installed replacement front swaybar ends.

While I was under there, realized my passenger side CV boot is torn and the driver side is leaking at the clamp and starting to make a huge mess. One more thing to add to the list. Looks like i'll be doing CV boots at the same time I do wheel bearings ad lower ball joints.

Service Manuals.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

IMG_1964.jpg

I have a very small leak in the same place. I have always been weary of leak stop products. I would be curious to see how it goes for you. Good luck!
So far so good. BlueDevil worked I guess?
01362B57-C02A-46AD-8366-772C7E8515F6.jpeg

Hasn’t leaked yet since and the same part has been bone dry (I wiped off the area clean after pouring the solution).

Picked up a complete rear end with locker from a 99 LC yesterday. Can't figure out if I want to put it into my LX or not. Looks really easy to do with the Slee controller

View attachment 2186843
Swap it. I swapped a locked rear from a 99 LC i to my 98 LX. It bolts right up and low range off road makes a complete wiring kit that makes it plug and play. You dont even need a controller.

Needless to say this was the best mod as far as the wheeling capabilities go.

Last edited:
@OEMGUY0720 Looks good. Still curious on long term. I've heard of other seals going after stop leak products, but who knows if that was the culprit or a coincidence. I'll have to look into bluedevil now. Thanks
I am as curious as you all are. Will update after 30 days.

Worked on my sunroof which stuck while on vacation last summer. Sanded the plastic rail pointed to in the picture below that had become rough, added some silicone grease and worked it back and forth until running smooth again. Realized that if open during a rain, the gearing would get wet, so should be dried out as soon as possible. Drains flushed with hot water. Will try to open more often!
20200119_230707.jpg

Last edited:
So far so good. BlueDevil worked I guess?
View attachment 2187528
Hasn’t leaked yet since and the same part has been bone dry (I wiped off the area clean after pouring the solution).
This is kind of off subject but this access plate that is picture, I have a question. I have had my LX parked on an incline with front downhill for 1.5 weeks. Lots of rain. I pull it out of the driveway and a bunch of water pours out of this access hole/plate. Is this normal? All fluids stabilized as far as I can tell. The water was not 100% clear. A little brownish tinted, but no smell. Did not taste 🙄

This is kind of off subject but this access plate that is picture, I have a question. I have had my LX parked on an incline with front downhill for 1.5 weeks. Lots of rain. I pull it out of the driveway and a bunch of water pours out of this access hole/plate. Is this normal? All fluids stabilized as far as I can tell. The water was not 100% clear. A little brownish tinted, but no smell. Did not taste 🙄
That access plate is removable and behind it is the flywheel and torque converter. That area is sealed from any fluid. The oil leak normally found in this area is caused by the Rear Main Seal (it is where the engine meets the transmission). I can’t really tell what you are referring but the closest I can think of the source of that water is it may have came from the rain and may have gotten stuck somewhere and when finally leveled it poured in your garage floor.

My anxiously awaited service manuals showed up today. And, installed replacement front swaybar ends.

While I was under there, realized my passenger side CV boot is torn and the driver side is leaking at the clamp and starting to make a huge mess. One more thing to add to the list. Looks like i'll be doing CV boots at the same time I do wheel bearings ad lower ball joints.

View attachment 2187136

View attachment 2187138

View attachment 2187139
Where did you get your service manuals?

FC6B5F33-081D-46A4-B165-82EB2D06FEEF.jpeg

Did this months ago, late post.
I wished Toyota/Lexus had done this pre-sale back in 06. I finally fitted the evaporator with a proper drain tube away from those hard AC lines so it wouldn’t rot in rust. Spare clear hose and a $3 90° plastic elbow at HomeDepot.

Replaced the old jack on the left with the new one on the right. I can't believe I waited so long. Also picked up a 1/2 inch impact driver.
IMG_2339.jpeg

I'm not normally a Kobalt tool guy but read a good review on this driver and went for it saving a $100 over the Dewalt version.
Kobalt High-Torque Impact Wrench Long-Term Review | Pro Tool Reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom