What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went from 305/70R16 KO2 to 295/70R18 KM3 using the wheels from my 200 series that have been sitting in the garage since 2014. I've had the 2000 Hundy since 2003 and the old wheels needed some attention. I had been debating on how I wanted the old 16 inch wheels refinished and couldn't make up my mind. The KO2's were getting old and it was time get new tires.

Finally - although this rig doesn't get off-road use, and it's my daily about 75% of the time, I just decided to hell with it and threw the KM3's on the 18's. Doesn't make sense I know - but it sure looks cool. I've read there's an improvement in wet road performance, I hope so.

Got some new Pro Comp 7" LED lights to.

Here's the old look:
old left front.png

And here's the new:
new left front.png

new front.png
new right front.png

Did the $.25 JB weld fix for the throttle body leak...

094F50B4-5748-436D-B609-2FDFA6DB347E.jpeg

Last edited:
Went from 305/70R16 KO2 to 295/70R18 KM3 using the wheels from my 200 series that have been sitting in the garage since 2014. I've had the 2000 Hundy since 2003 and the old wheels needed some attention. I had been debating on how I wanted the old 16 inch wheels refinished and couldn't make up my mind. The KO2's were getting old and it was time get new tires.

Finally - although this rig doesn't get off-road use, and it's my daily about 75% of the time, I just decided to hell with it and threw the KM3's on the 18's. Doesn't make sense I know - but it sure looks cool. I've read there's an improvement in wet road performance, I hope so.

Got some new Pro Comp 7" LED lights to.

Here's the old look:
View attachment 2188381

And here's the new:
View attachment 2188382
View attachment 2188383View attachment 2188384
Curious how’s the KM3 fairing compared to the KO2 on the road? The truck looks really mean now on tjose tires.

Got the master cylinder out... finally... it was NOT moving at all when I was trying to pull it out past the firewall, I knew that the red brake line was part of the problem but for some reason I couldn't see where it was snagged. Once I did, I was able to move the line a bit over and the whole unit freed up.

IMG-5877.jpg

Curious how’s the KM3 fairing compared to the KO2 on the road? The truck looks really mean now on tjose tires.
Just got them on and have maybe 30 miles total on them. Initial impression is they don't seem as hard, but the KO2's had some dry rot and were showing small cracks, so the compound might feel different on newer KO2's. Ride is maybe a little rougher, but when I hit a small bump it is actually less noticeable.

My old 100 is kinda rough anyway. I still have a recent set of KO2 on my 200, but it's running the OME medium duty lift, versus the OME heavy duty lift on my 100. Plus the 200 has always seemed a little more cushy - maybe just because it's several years newer.

It'll rain here in a couple of days, and I'll get to see if that wet traction really suffers. I'll report back in then.

Got them from this seller on ebay: faxonautolit

They even refunded me the extra shipping when I ordered the Electrical Wiring Manual separately.
I had good luck with faxon also. I suspect my manuals might be a reprint, but they're brand new and complete and the price was good compared to other sources.

Had my windscreen machine-polished, so now it is not perfect, but far better than it was.

Had the windscreen treated with Rain-X

New wipers.

Changed the brake fluid (Toyota dot4) Used 1,5l

Changed the AHC-fluid. Was not able to flush the accumulator due to the nipple being stuck, but still felt some improvement in ride-comfort. Counted 8 lines in the reservoir between low and high. Used 1,5l.

Adjusted hand-brake. Now it can actually hold the car in hills. Not just slow it slightly down.

Damn...want to trade garages? So much room for activities
I wish it was mine... I won the storage lottery. Told the owner what I was doing while I was trying to rent a storage unit to work on the vehicle in, and he gave me full access to his "back shop" for the price of a small storage unit.

Painted new FJ and upgraded rear and front to 06-07. This is a 99. Did complete paint job. Door jams and engine bay. The color is Amazon Green
Love that color!

My first "Cruiser" was a 90-series, and it had more or less that color. While I do not miss the 90, I do miss the color!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom