What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Swapped out the well worn 5 year old 285/65R18 KO2s with ~50,000mi for a set of shiny new 275/70R18 KO2s.

There really isn't all that much difference in size (0.4" narrower, 0.57" taller), but there's $35 difference in cost per tire (275/70R18 is cheaper), and the 275/70R18 seems to be a common size (in stock) where the 285/65R18 seems less common (maybe some in warehouse).

Now I get to poke my kid about my tires being ~0.33" taller than his 285/75R16 tires, just don't tell him that his are 10mm wider.

Went from nothing to unholy grinding in one day.

IMG_20191010_165334 (Large).jpg

And a moment of panic that something had let go before I remembered the "hit the puddle fast Dad!" a week ago.

IMG_20191010_165312 (Large).jpg

I actually welcome an electronic brake pad wear sensor (a la: BMW, Mercedes, etc). I get false squealing from my brakes due to pebbles or whatever.

You buried the lede. 500k. Take video of odometer.
From two months ago. Unfortunately my climatologically insane wife and MIL (from Florida, I'm from northern Minnesota) vetoed camping further away and going WV back through Virginia because get this...its going 50 degrees overnight...and they really just arent sure how you survive that, so the 15 mile trail and camping right next to home is it, and wont be crossing 500,000 this weekend...maybe next...might just drive in circles on the interstate for a while...

IMG-3152.JPG

From two months ago. Unfortunately my climatologically insane wife and MIL (from Florida, I'm from northern Minnesota) vetoed camping further away and going WV back through Virginia because get this...its going 50 degrees overnight...and they really just arent sure how you survive that, so the 15 mile trail and camping right next to home is it, and wont be crossing 500,000 this weekend...maybe next...might just drive in circles on the interstate for a while...

View attachment 2104532

Mine's from Chicago, but feels the same way about camping temperatures. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I finished my preparations for a trip down Hole In The Rock Road in southern Utah for a backpacking trip.

I've spent about four weeks on and off working on the upgrades for a total of 15 hours of labor and research.
  • Optima Yellow Top Group 34 in a Slee second battery tray
  • ARB Onboard Air Compressor (bought used, never installed)
  • ARB 50qt fridge (bought used)
  • Redarc BCDC1225d charger to keep the dual battery charged
  • Refreshed the 165k/20yo stock suspension for a 1.5" lift using OME 2865 springs, new OEM shocks, and adjusted torsion bars (suspension installed by Cruiser Outfitters)
  • MAXSA recovery boards and a used pull strap and d-rings as the start of some recovery gear

Everything was pretty straightforward and seems to be working great and can't wait to test it all out. I might still split-loom the wires coming out of the redarc just to clean up all the colors.

IMG_20190927_112950.jpg

IMG_20191008_204751.jpg

I finished my preparations for a trip down Hole In The Rock Road in southern Utah for a backpacking trip.

I've spent about four weeks on and off working on the upgrades for a total of 15 hours of labor and research.
  • Optima Yellow Top Group 34 in a Slee second battery tray
  • ARB Onboard Air Compressor (bought used, never installed)
  • ARB 50qt fridge (bought used)
  • Redarc BCDC1225d charger to keep the dual battery charged
  • Refreshed the 165k/20yo stock suspension for a 1.5" lift using OME 2865 springs, new OEM shocks, and adjusted torsion bars (suspension installed by Cruiser Outfitters)
  • MAXSA recovery boards and a used pull strap and d-rings as the start of some recovery gear

Everything was pretty straightforward and seems to be working great and can't wait to test it all out. I might still split-loom the wires coming out of the redarc just to clean up all the colors.

View attachment 2104598

View attachment 2104600
That road is washboard city, or has been the two times I’ve been down it. Glad you have access to an air source so you can drop your pressure!

What did you order?

Aisin Water pump kit, tstat, ect sensor, radiator, new rad hoses, fan clutch, starter rebuild stuff, all new hoses for the engine bay for just about everything, spark plugs, heater tees/ hoses/ clamps, New pulleys, serpentine belt, Misc gaskets, cabin air filterS, evap housing gasket, Fuel filter, cam deals, crank seal, ac drain extension stuff. Still need to get all new fluids.

That’s thorough. Some items I may have missed on mine.

Finally took her out to play

What are your thoughts on the Koni Raids? There's not too much info about them, but I am intrigued. Totally different application, but I had some Koni shocks/struts on an old BMW and I really enjoyed them. I put close to 80k miles on them without issue so that left a very good impression.

Yeah if you look closely there are a few spots (near the tire valve) that has high spots where the chrome layer is. Didn’t bother to body work it anymore no more time lol.
@Balto1223 yeah for sure i will try to take some decent shots later 🤙🏻
128CDC9F-7363-4DF6-B9E8-4ACB8FFB51A5.jpeg

Gave it a quick body wipe down and buffed the orange peel.

DFC2DCA3-C0ED-4995-B780-7851E1F489C6.jpeg

Sticked the vinyl decal.

Went wheeling with a local group today. This was the first real test of rear locker, it absolutely made a world of difference.
Went down a hill so steep that I wouldn't have tried it on foot o_O
Started slipping side ways in the middle of the hill and was certain we would roll over, until I hit a couple of strong trees and finally was able to get off the hill with just a few scrapes.
Earned these character stripes
20191012_161944.jpg
20191012_161951.jpg

Went wheeling with a local group today. This was the first real test of rear locker, it absolutely made a world of difference.
Went down a hill so steep that I wouldn't have tried it on foot o_O
Started slipping side ways in the middle of the hill and was certain we would roll over, until I hit a couple of strong trees and finally was able to get off the hill with just a few scrapes.
Earned these character stripes
View attachment 2106133View attachment 2106134

hell yeah you earned it. Looks like a fun group.

hell yeah you earned it. Looks like a fun group.
Most of them were running old cut up RAM trucks on 40" mud tires and no overhangs. They were surprised when I showed up with a "shiny" Lexus :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom