What have you been doing with your Toyota? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered a bunch more stuff off rock auto today. Wheel bearings (timken, you can get them cheaper than from toyota) and a bunch of other stuff that I didn't feel going Toyota was necessary. All that is left to get are calipers (going with Napa which are oem remans), rear rotors, grease, oil and some extended brake lines. I'm super excited to have brakes that stop in a straight line. Also figured out that I need 1" bumpstop spacers up front and 1.5" in the rear. 25mm coil spacers will also be going on
IMG_20180406_134236.jpg

IMG_20180406_134229.jpg

when your making a post use the upload file button, you may need to spend 20 bucks and buy a silver tar, it gives you more options. So if you click it you can browse your pic files and select one for upload. You may only be allowed one till you get the star.

when your making a post use the upload file button, you may need to spend 20 bucks and buy a silver tar, it gives you more options. So if you click it you can browse your pic files and select one for upload. You may only be allowed one till you get the star.

@brew8 Larry, are you the guy that we ran into up at Goose Lake last year with your son?

put the summer tires on, replaced a cv axel and front shocks on the 4 runner. found that the shocks were in pretty bad shape near catastrophic failure. post was bent and almost rusted all the way through. still fighting mud from a graves range jeep trail run last year. also found a nice rock pile to drive the x on. the snow needs to melt already. I'm ready for summer!

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

FullSizeR.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

Last edited:
Did an entire rear axle refresh this weekend. Yesterday started disassembly after the meeting. Got the rear diff out and most of the stuff cleaned up. Today I rebuilt the parking brake and the hubs with new bearings and got everything reassembled. Will fill up with gear oil tomorrow and take it for a drive. It was definitely time for all this. There was 0 grease in the rear passenger hub and the rebuilt side at rubithon was leaking oil too. It's time for new axle shafts for sure. At 300k the axles are groved pretty good from the axle seals

IMG_20180414_171927.jpg
IMG_20180415_120134.jpg
IMG_20180414_181217.jpg
IMG_20180414_172609.jpg

whys fin have a cone on his head?

IMG_2037.JPG
13 inches, kept thing in proportion putting in a new fuel tank as well

Last edited:
did a bit of storm cleanup/recovery after sundays thunderstorm here in Missoula. this old spruce landed 10 feet from my house

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom