What have you been doing with your Toyota? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Loaded up the cruiser yesterday and drove to Colorado for spring break. Not much wheeling if any will be done unfortunately but I will be replacing almost every steering component on my fiance's 86 4runner.

Hear that, I lay under the rig until I freeze and that is with a heater.

No garage and no heater kind of kills the whole winter project thing for me lol. Usually come May I bust everything I had planned to get done before summer wheeling hits in a week or two

Know how yo feel been
Loaded up the cruiser yesterday and drove to Colorado for spring break. Not much wheeling if any will be done unfortunately but I will be replacing almost every steering component on my fiance's 86 4runner.

No garage and no heater kind of kills the whole winter project thing for me lol. Usually come May I bust everything I had planned to get done before summer wheeling hits in a week or two
At least them old 4 runners are easy to work on I did all my ball joints tie rods and idler arm in bout 3 hours that was on the summer tho. I feel ya my "always breaking Nissan" has got quite a stack of parts ready to be installed but the weather has been less than ideal to laying on my back

Knuckle job. 80 series different than the earlier ones in that the ABS sensor has to be removed to pull the birfield.
6CDABEC6-2ED5-40E1-8E14-E384EF690272.jpeg

Yep. See my build page and axle swap link. I installed front lower control arm frame bushings. Nice product.

Adjusted the backlash on my front e-locker while doing a knuckle service.
97141d1c-91f9-4100-8497-23158b6f198f-jpeg.1656047

Interior update. Found a local guy with nicer seats.

Went from this...
n77CRkJ.jpg

to this...
h6mfRpf.jpg

VFKFGcu.jpg

The newer driver side does have some wear in the normal spot on the side bolster. but it is so much better than what i had and the foam is still really nice condition. Hopefully i can avoid having to recover them for at least 4 or 5 years. My old ones had almost no foam left. They were built up with blue camping pads!

On Monday I put my awning back on and got some eyebolts to make strapping my cvt tent on my roof easier.
IMG_20180326_115115.jpg
IMG_20180326_115123.jpg

Then I went to ressler order a bunch of random parts for when I do a brake/axle overhaul come May and was really disappointed at how incompetent the parts department was. I felt like I was at AutoZone since he couldn't hardly find anything without a vin# and I couldn't give him the vin# because my 80 is a lexus. For the rear axle I asked to see the diagram and he was looking at the semifloat rear axle for the 91-2 and when I said we need to look at the full float diagram for the 93-7 he said "what's a full float?". Note to self I should've just called Onur and saved a bunch of time.

Then I stopped by @87BJ74 place and checked out the progress he's made pulling the body off and was impressed at how torn down it was. He also gave me a smoking deal on a complete set of shocks to replace my nitrochargers with 80k miles on them. Install will happen Friday.
MVIMG_20180326_163151.jpg

Last edited:
Talk to Jamie, Eric, or Mitch. They'll take care of you.

Progress...
6CCD3F94-4DF5-425C-9D84-FD947A722CAE.jpeg
495F0CCA-B822-4DAD-AD87-780361BEB46B.jpeg

I have added rock sliders, raised air intake, front sway bar quick-disconnects, relocated the longer stock front sway links to the rear (common "mod" in the Rover community), steel HD winch bumper, Hella driving lights and a 12K winch to the Rover. Still to do: re-wire CB radio properly as I hastily ran wiring last season to get the CB in the truck. I hate untidy wiring. The rest of the winter/off-season up until we hit the trails again will consist of routine maintenance/inspection and replace all fluids/oils.

I have added rock sliders, raised air intake, front sway bar quick-disconnects, relocated the longer stock front sway links to the rear (common "mod" in the Rover community), steel HD winch bumper, Hella driving lights and a 12K winch to the Rover. Still to do: re-wire CB radio properly as I hastily ran wiring last season to get the CB in the truck. I hate untidy wiring. The rest of the winter/off-season up until we hit the trails again will consist of routine maintenance/inspection and replace all fluids/oils.

Sounds like youve been busy Chris!

I'll be that guy....

THIS POST IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES!!! (even if it is a rover)

Sounds like youve been busy Chris!

I'll be that guy....

THIS POST IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES!!! (even if it is a rover)

Thanks, I'll see if I can post some pictures tonight.

Got my parts from ressler. Still have a few more things to get but pretty soon I'll have everything I need to rebuild/replace the hubs/brakes on all 4 corners + resealing the differentials. Planning to have it all done before memorial day. I ordered extra front and rear axle seals + extra gaskets for those. Last year I got lucky and someone had a rear axle seals for me after mine started leaking mid way through the trip. Tearing apart and rebuilding the rear hub on rubicon was actually pretty fun.
IMG_20180406_121609_1.jpg

IMG_20180406_121559.jpg

Now I'm headed over to @87BJ74 's to cycle my suspension to see how much I need to drop those bumpstops with the new shocks

I went up to little bear today to see how it was. Don’t bother going up there, the ruts are pretty bad for the first couple miles to the point that I got tired of fighting the ruts and turned around

F63D6DEE-CAB7-4123-8105-605987325AF1.jpeg

D3F37A53-03C9-49B3-94B3-101A0062DE6B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom