What have you been doing with your Toyota? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished the bed bob this week fuel tank is in and working.
IMG_2056.JPG

A little motor fun...
2FADF333-3213-4FB1-B19B-C7FFDF709752.jpeg

cleaned out the inside of the FJ for the 1st time in 2 years. not to say there was 2years worth of stuff but all my tools and recovery gear were all over the place. now I can get reorganized. I don't need the fridge back there all the time, just for long overlanding trips into the unknown.

Over like the last 6 weeks I have
-rebuilt my rear axle
-installed my new ham radio
-went wheeling on North meadow Creek
-journeyed to Colorado and back. Met some tlca members there and did some wheeling
-while I was there helped my best friend reinstall his Tacoma's armor after an accident and the old Tacoma being totalled
-also picked up and brought back a door for Phoenix
-painted a few things on my fiance's 86 4runner and did some basic maintenance and
-and accomplished a lot of other odds and ends on the cruiser
-taught the pup how to go camping

IMG_20180415_120134.jpg
MVIMG_20180503_150127.jpg
IMG_20180524_112243.jpg
IMG_20180523_102528.jpg
MVIMG_20180524_204125.jpg

More from the last couple weeks

Replaced belts
MVIMG_20180419_112324.jpg

Ryan's Tacoma went from stock to almost fully built in 3 weeks. While I was in Colorado we got the rear bumper, sliders, belly skids, and rear diff skid put on in a couple days
IMG_20180525_111119.jpg
IMG_20180525_123056.jpg
IMG_20180525_111101.jpg
IMG_20180525_111056.jpg

And camping memorial day weekend
IMG_20180526_195620.jpg
IMG_20180526_105840.jpg
IMG_20180526_094443.jpg
IMG_20180526_092117.jpg

Found some deep snow before our friends showed up. A few double pulls and all was good. My warn m8 has stalled a few times on single pulls but it always works once I rig a double pull. Been on the cruiser for 6 years with 0 problems
FB_IMG_1527549219687.jpg

I found this in my front axle. Had to get that fixed up before our move to Bozeman this week.

IMG_3714.JPG

@JohnnyOshow22 what area were you camping in? I can't wait to get on the ground and start exploring up there. Colorado had a MILD winter and lots of our trails are opening up in the high country earlier than expected. I heard Montana had a lot of snow this winter, are things opening up or open already? Not sure what the snow pack/trail conditions are up there and what to expect. Usually in Colorado by July we are in full swing for about 3-4 months before the snow shuts us down again.

@JohnnyOshow22 what area were you camping in? I can't wait to get on the ground and start exploring up there. Colorado had a MILD winter and lots of our trails are opening up in the high country earlier than expected. I heard Montana had a lot of snow this winter, are things opening up or open already? Not sure what the snow pack/trail conditions are up there and what to expect. Usually in Colorado by July we are in full swing for about 3-4 months before the snow shuts us down again.
This was just southeast of Walden CO near the never summer wilderness. Silver Creek trail

@JohnnyOshow22 I heard Montana had a lot of snow this winter, are things opening up or open already? Not sure what the snow pack/trail conditions are up there and what to expect.
Still lots of snow here in MT. This is from this weekend. We got shut down.

41662103125_a30d52bc01_o.jpg

I am moved in to Butte, and exploring. I am ready for the next club meeting. I am signing up.

Up in Pipestone. Road lead to an old miners cabin. You guys know this one? I'm sure you all do, Pretty cool.

View attachment 1714181

View attachment 1714182

View attachment 1714183

there were a couple of trails that @Black798 and i were interested in doing in the butte area we heard about but i cant remember what they said the names were. I know that @JohnnyOshow22 and @Black798 are looking for bigger rocks around here. We should meet up one of these weekends because those ones look decent.

there were a couple of trails that @Black798 and i were interested in doing in the butte area we heard about but i cant remember what they said the names were. I know that @JohnnyOshow22 and @Black798 are looking for bigger rocks around here. We should meet up one of these weekends because those ones look decent.
IN!

Headed to Rubithon on Thursday so this morning I have been weighing bags and seeing how many tools/spare parts I can bring since checked bags have to be 50lbs or less on United. I am being a copilot (probably more like pilot after the gatekeeper at loon lake lol) for my mother. She has a triple locked LX450 like mine but on 35's and low range gears in the tcase (I'm super jealous) but she has zero tools and there were a few spares that my dad wants me to bring. The problem is that there are 23 trucks on the run with my dad and his tools at the front, my brother and his tools in the middle and I'll be in the back with mom and really don't want to carry tools across the rubicon if something breaks. Last year's Carnage was sheared knuckle studs, a broken birf and electrical repairs. All of these things happened at the back of the pack. I'm hoping that if I go through the trouble of taking all my stuff I won't have to use it! :hillbilly:

Really guys... Over 12 days since I last posted and no one updates this with what they've been up too!?! Crazy!

Soap box over

Got back from rubithon (tlca's rubicon event) today! It was great as always. We (the Pryor's) got everyone on the wagon run through with very little damage and had a blast. In total we had 19 rigs on our run. People from all over joined our run even from as far as New York, Conneticut, and North Carolina. I think in 2 summers I'd like to lead a renegade 406 run at rubithon.

IMG_20180617_131052.jpg

IMG_20180617_154336.jpg

IMG_20180619_095113.jpg

IMG_20180619_131845.jpg

IMG_20180622_193606.jpg

Last edited:
And yes my tools came out and my spare parts were used. We saved a 60 series with two blown front birfs and an fj40 who busted a tre. Heather Royston (central tlca rep) let us borrow Kermit (her 40 buggy) to go save the 60 which was broken way at the top of where the big sluice "starts". Riding in Kermit all the way up was just epic and cheating on so many levels. This 60 was the last land cruiser/Toyota to the springs and it took a long time to fix on Saturday but we got it done and to the springs before the dinner ended and the raffle started!

60 guys with big tires please do yourself a favor and get some rcv's. This guy was running stock shafts on 37's... Ok rant over here are some pics!

IMG_20180623_133223.jpg

IMG_20180623_133227.jpg

IMG_20180623_133225.jpg

IMG_20180623_141037.jpg

And yes my tools came out and my spare parts were used. We saved a 60 series with two blown front birfs and an fj40 who busted a tre. Heather Royston (central tlca rep) let us borrow Kermit (her 40 buggy) to go save the 60 which was broken way at the top of where the big sluice "starts". Riding in Kermit all the way up was just epic and cheating on so many levels. This 60 was the last land cruiser/Toyota to the springs and it took a long time to fix on Saturday but we got it done and to the springs before the dinner ended and the raffle started!

60 guys with big tires please do yourself a favor and get some rcv's. This guy was running stock shafts on 37's... Ok rant over here are some pics!

View attachment 1731008

View attachment 1731010
View attachment 1731009
View attachment 1731007
I had a feeling it was this 60 that you fixed. There was only a small mention on their IG that the had a trail fixed no thanks or anything about you saving them though

I had a feeling it was this 60 that you fixed. There was only a small mention on their IG that the had a trail fixed no thanks or anything about you saving them though

This was the rock solid offroad 60. He and the energy suspension 60 came in together after not being able to make the wagon run or the breakfast run. It was actually kinda sad. The guy with the energy suspension truck left the RSO truck because "I had my daughter and didn't want to ruin the trip for her". I get the whole family adventure thing but Tyler had stayed with the Energy suspension guy through all his breakages on thier first day and then was left behind once the second birf grenaded. On Saturday morning Tyler had come through camp asking everyone for help, mechanics, people with buggies and spare parts. No one wanted to help so the Pryor clan borrowed a buggy and went and got this guy to camp and now he'll be upgrading the axles and joining the wagon run next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom