What have you been doing with your Toyota? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just finished the e-locker swap with new suspension. Getting close to having my cams reground for my rebuild as well as rebuilding the transfer case soon with new bearings and lower gears.
3F31E91A-F588-483C-AD13-EDF79693FC09.jpeg

Helped tom fix the radio antenna on his lexus. It now goes up and down all the way. Sorry no pictures. He had to pull the fender to get to the mechanism and it took three hands to get it feeding correctly in the little gearbox. :)

And i am now a proud liscenced ham operator! The test took me 10 minutes and i got a 91%

Helped tom fix the radio antenna on his lexus. It now goes up and down all the way. Sorry no pictures. He had to pull the fender to get to the mechanism and it took three hands to get it feeding correctly in the little gearbox. :)

And i am now a proud liscenced ham operator! The test took me 10 minutes and i got a 91%
I remember when I forgot to lower my antenna on my lx and it snapped off... 4 years ago and still no antenna or radio :bang:

Way to go on the ham license! Let me know when you get a set up and we can try hitting off a local repeater!

-KK0TEQ​

I remember when I forgot to lower my antenna on my lx and it snapped off... 4 years ago and still no antenna or radio :bang:

Check my thread for helpful tips on the antenna. They’re not to bad on an 80.​

Check my thread for helpful tips on the antenna. They’re not to bad on an 80.​
It hasnt bothered me enought to do anything in 4 years so probably will never get fixed :meh: and if I take the fender off the snorkel has to be taken off too. Major PITA that one.

I just unthreaded the old and then the new. No fender removal required.

Plasma table at work? I need a new job!

Its pretty sweet, we just got a few weeks ago and are working out the kinks but its very impressive. Im working at signs of montana.

I got the mounts last week but unfortunately, it's going to be into January before I can make the shocks happen. I ordered them beginning of November but King is running behind on production and its another 2 at least weeks before they ship. Hopefully its worth it.

IMG_1986.JPG
IMG_1984.JPG
built the front bumper and installed the winch on the fj45, finished the interior console(needed cup holders).

My buddy ran out of Diesel last night in his Ram 2500 so I towed it with the 80 to where we are going to work on it today. So many dumbfounded people as I rolled by with it behind the 80. It did not want to autoprime and start last night after dumping in 10 gallons. At about 10 we gave up on it since it was 16 degrees out and we were freezing. Hoping to get it started today

My buddy ran out of Diesel last night in his Ram 2500 so I towed it with the 80 to where we are going to work on it today. So many dumbfounded people as I rolled by with it behind the 80. It did not want to autoprime and start last night after dumping in 10 gallons. At about 10 we gave up on it since it was 16 degrees out and we were freezing. Hoping to get it started today

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!:)

Merry Christmas from sunny California! Haven’t seen my fjc in a week but heres a great pic i snapped while im here. My wife’s grand parents love their toyotas! Hope everyone is enjoying the snow!

7A2F5E29-E9C6-4EB9-B773-26A0A38EC939.jpeg

Fixed my mom's cream puff 80 while I was home for christmas. Its a 97 lx that has just a hair over 100k miles. An exhaust leak was causing the engine to stumble and die at idle. I'm guessing O2 sensor readings we're all out of wack and causing the problem fuel mixure to be off. Those exhaust nut/stud combos are a PITA. Runs great now with no hint of anything odd. Now boarding my flight to Denver where I will be spending the week with my girlfriend. I'll be working on her 86 4runner. Mainly replacing the guage cluster with one from an 88 so she has a tachometer and an oil pressure gauge. Next Thursday I'll be headed back to Bozeman and I'll probably work on installing the ham radio I got for Christmas. It's a dual band (70cm, 2m). While the boafang uv-5r with a mag mount has worked wonderfully it was time to get a permanent unit for my 80. I highly recommend getting your ham license since it is much more reliable, clearer and further transmitting than a CB radio, plus with the repeater network across the country it's a no brainer. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and got some new goodies for your trucks as well!

Fixed my mom's cream puff 80 while I was home for christmas. Its a 97 lx that has just a hair over 100k miles. An exhaust leak was causing the engine to stumble and die at idle. I'm guessing O2 sensor readings we're all out of wack and causing the problem fuel mixure to be off. Those exhaust nut/stud combos are a PITA. Runs great now with no hint of anything odd. Now boarding my flight to Denver where I will be spending the week with my girlfriend. I'll be working on her 86 4runner. Mainly replacing the guage cluster with one from an 88 so she has a tachometer and an oil pressure gauge. Next Thursday I'll be headed back to Bozeman and I'll probably work on installing the ham radio I got for Christmas. It's a dual band (70cm, 2m). While the boafang uv-5r with a mag mount has worked wonderfully it was time to get a permanent unit for my 80. I highly recommend getting your ham license since it is much more reliable, clearer and further transmitting than a CB radio, plus with the repeater network across the country it's a no brainer. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and got some new goodies for your trucks as well!
Wow I got tired just reading your to do list. Merry Christmas

Wow I got tired just reading your to do list. Merry Christmas
That's an easy to do list! You should see the list right before rubithon each year. 4 rigs in my immediate family went this past year... Now that was a lot of work!

went on a small roadtrip Wednesday. Left the house at 5am, met up with @SteveJackson in Pocatello, picked up this 62 series that he brought up from Sandy UT. Then headed over to Twin Falls ID and met up with @InTheFace and picked up some other partshe was storing for me and then headed north back to Helena. Hit snow 25 miles south of Butte and it was slow from there to home, finally got home at 9pm.

DSCF1726.JPG

DSCF1727.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom