What did you work on tonight? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up another toy. I really need to build a shop.

PXL_20230221_191302363.MP.jpg

Got a chance to play with the tire machine this morning. It needs a few parts and some love, but it works. It is missing the valve and pedal for the bead seater and inflator, but all the mechanism to mount and dismount tires works great. After I plugged air into it and fixed a couple of air leaks I pulled the spare for the trailer off the wheel and remounted it to try everything out. I still haven't unloaded it from the trailer.

I only found a couple of used machines like mine for sale on Ebay and they are priced just under 4 grand. I figure I can put a few hundred into it and still be way ahead. Its one of the type that clamps inside the wheel so you can mount tires without marring the wheel.

Has anyone that’s got a FZJ80 done a rear heater delete on their rig? Would like to take a look as to how they did it if possible , mines starting to give me trouble …

Has anyone that’s got a FZJ80 done a rear heater delete on their rig? Would like to take a look as to how they did it if possible , mines starting to give me trouble …

I am doing it now but I’m swapping a 2uz in, so the plumbing might not be the same.

I broke down and bought the WitsEnd delete plug that blocks of the pass though under the seat after the heater is removed.

WitsEnd also sells the hose kit needed to reroute the heater lines for the delete but it is out of stock currently. You can look at it on site to see what is involved. I ordered parts of the hose kit from overseas and am still waiting for it to arrive.

Hardest thing to do might be removing the hard lines if you still have an engine in your 80.

I am doing it now but I’m swapping a 2uz in, so the plumbing might not be the same.

I broke down and bought the WitsEnd delete plug that blocks of the pass though under the seat after the heater is removed.

WitsEnd also sells the hose kit needed to reroute the heater lines for the delete but it is out of stock currently. You can look at it on site to see what is involved. I ordered parts of the hose kit from overseas and am still waiting for it to arrive.

Hardest thing to do might be removing the hard lines if you still have an engine in your 80.
Well I’ve got the 4BT , so mines a little different also , maybe I’ll order the wits end kit also , but I heard he’s been backordered with no Eta on a lot his parts .

I'm going to delete the heater probably in the next couple of months after the temperature warms up a bit. I've been tripping over these delete hoses from Napa for the last 6 or 7 months or so 🤣. I can't recall why but it looks like I have two different size hoses.

16777237396743425370928875593736.jpg

16777237881855445405100697975071.jpg

1677723831514189795741657073962.jpg

I'm going to delete the heater probably in the next couple of months after the temperature warms up a bit. I've been tripping over these delete hoses from Napa for the last 6 or 7 months or so 🤣. I can't recall why but it looks like I have two different size hoses.

View attachment 3261871

View attachment 3261874

View attachment 3261876
do you have part # / lengths and sizes needed by chance ? Or maybe I can trade some 80 parts for knowledge and assistance on this project ! I’ve got a decent inventory of Toyota parts !

do you have part # / lengths and sizes needed by chance ? Or maybe I can trade some 80 parts for knowledge and assistance on this project ! I’ve got a decent inventory of Toyota parts !

Hello fellow horder,

We'll sort this out; if you look for a thread on heater deletion and LandcruiserPhil, the NAPA hose info is buried in there. He also sells OEM hose kits for this exact purpose and may even have the OEM p/ns there. I simply chose the NAPA route for no particular reason because I was there for something else. :meh:

In the meantime, let's go snow wheeling and you can fumigate the forest......from the back :rofl:

Hello fellow horder,

We'll sort this out; if you look for a thread on heater deletion and LandcruiserPhil, the NAPA hose info is buried in there. He also sells OEM hose kits for this exact purpose and may even have the OEM p/ns there. I simply chose the NAPA route for no particular reason because I was there for something else. :meh:

In the meantime, let's go snow wheeling and you can fumigate the forest......from the back :rofl:
Sounds like a plan 😂😎

Got the last if the pieces for the tire machine today. It is now fully functional. Used it to fix the tire on the grocery getter LX. I need a balancer now, and a shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom