What did you do with your truck today? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are slowly going from soccer mom to the war pig... :smokin:

0923171535.jpg

Really like the lines on that roof rack and the bronze powder coat! Plans to jettison the running boards?

Thank you sir. The running boards have to stay until a suitable replacement is acquired for installation. The women in my life are sub 5' and use them regularly. Hoping to replace with some sliders in the future. Other than that and maybe a small boost for the front, depending on what kind of rubbing we see, I dont think she has any other major plans for her. Right now, all good under normal driving, but suspect during turns under compression we may see a little rubbing.

On the 100: oil change, power steering fluid change (reservoir + turkey baster X2), transmission fluid change, air filter, picked up yakima roof rack on CL - clean and paint, installed new rear tailgate lifters and wipers. Next up is rear brake pads, driveline lube, diff fluid change.

IMG_4089.JPG

Power steering fluid new/old
IMG_4085.JPG

Load warrior or mega warrior (big or small)?

Hmm.. the little one I think? It's full width of the roof and maybe half length. Maybe 4.5' X 4.5'

Mounted the RTT to the GX today.

0930171602.jpg

IMG_6911.JPG
IMG_6912.JPG
IMG_6913.JPG
Finally went 37's. It was a huge PITA but I finally got it finished. I still have a set of H1 humvee wheels if anybody is interested. I'd sell for CHEAP!
Went out for a test drive & still have plenty of power w the old 2F. Hope to be able to highway cruise 65mph now without blowing up! See you guys on the trail hopefully. Spare tire carrier next.

What changes did you have to do to fit the 37s Sean? You were already SOA'd, right?

The 37s look good.

Thanks, did nothing, fits plenty.

Oh, well that's excellent. The PITA comment threw me, thought you may of had to rework some stuff to get them to fit.

Gotcha, sorry for the short response. The PITA was due to the fact that I bought the GY 37x12.50 mounted on humvee wheels. For starters, I busted my air down tool letting air out. One of the stems got stuck in the nozzle & when I used needle nose pliers it all broke apart...cheap crap I guess. Next pain was that each wheel had 12 bolt 2-piece design. I used pb blaster but even my compressor had trouble taking all those nuts off the 2" studs. Physically breaking the wheels apart due to tire bead sticking was tough too. More pb blaster and a couple days of soaking. Broke the wooden handle on my sledge. Next prob was getting the damn run flats out. Holy mother, if you haven't seen those I'll post up pics. Imagine a 6" wide x 4" thick solid piece of rubber ring inside your tire! I had to use a sawzall to cut them in 1/2 so I could snake them out.

How have I not seen that beautiful 60 around town? You must never drive it. LOL. Looks just perfect. I always wondered about those run flats...
Thanks but far from beautiful...lol lots of trail love. It stays in garage mostly :( hope for more soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom