What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (70 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
$99 expo fitting

$30 Coleman cot
$10 wood for cooler platform
$20 cooler
$10 mesh roof net
$10 windshield sun shade
$10 twin sheets (curtains)
$3 pushpins
$3 zip ties
$3 bungee cords

Fresh tires and hit the road to go skiing and bike.

Home away from home
image.jpeg

Hit 375
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Now onto Moab

Put on a sticker!

More specifically a sticker of my handle on this forum. Being fortunate to live in an area with many cool cruisers, many of whom reside on this forum, I figured it would be cool to know whose rig you were next to at the stop light, gas station, parking lot, etc. So if you see me, hit me up!

IMG_1257.jpg

For those interested, I went through Stickeryou.com but I'm sure there are many other avenues. If I had to do over again I would use a black background instead of the clear. I think the white would pop a bit more.

Passenger side rear door let out a big clunk. Looked back and the window had slid down about 6 inches. Taped it up till i got home.
Got the panel off and plastic pulled up and found the window channel laying in the bottom of the door.

I cleaned the glass, put some adhesive in the channel and put the channel back on the regulator and hit the switch to bring window up. It worked fine and i put the window up all the way to let the adhesive cure. Used WD40 in the runners liberally and now the window works like a champ.
I Heard this was a common problem with the FZJ80's after about 20 yrs the glue lets loose.

The Olde North State Cruisers had the annual Meet-and-Greet over the weekend near Uwharrie National Forest. The Uwharrie trails are closed until April 1st but we had access for trail maintenance. We removed guardrail from a permanently closed section of trail to another trail that had of the possibility of closure if work wasn't done to limit folks to the designated paths.

IMG_3838_2.jpg

IMG_3882_2.jpg

IMG_3885_2.jpg

IMG_3889_2.jpg

IMG_3916_2.jpg

OK, this was 2 weekends ago. I did a complete DIY carpet replace with some Home Depot carpet. It turned out ok, but nothing to brag about. Of interest though was the cargo area. I chose a much heavier carpeted floor mat from HD called the TrafficMaster. It was big enough to cut to fit. I made templates with 1/4" plywood of each side around wheel wells , cut the mat easily with a razor knife, and installed. The brown matches the OEM carpet really well. I installed the stainless steel carpet trim into a natural groove in the new carpet piece.

Well, I DID have big plans for the truck today since I'm waiting on so much stuff on the Wits' End side of things. Then my wife dislocated her left knee cap. Then, while getting up after dropping from the pain, her right knee cap popped out and went neatly 180deg behind her knee. I watched in horror as her leg started bending THE WRONG WAY!!!

Nothing broken thankfully. But she has these two gnarly knee braces she has to walk around with for at least the next week. Ugh, there goes the weekend plans :(

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom