What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

outdoor painting my cruiser
P1020656.JPG
P1020657.JPG
P1020658.JPG

P1020655.JPG

IMG_1121.jpg

Installed rebuilt steering gear from CuiserYard, now truck no longer steers like a tugboat

Finally got all the parts out of the way to begin welding/filling in the messed up key way on the crankshaft. I need to fab up a welding "guard" to slip over the crankshaft to protect as much of the exposed parts as possible. I was very surprised to find that some of the bolts on the timing gears cover were not very tight. A couple of them I could turn by hand. I know that can't be right.

Drove up to Chinn's Lake to go fishing. Road up rated moderate; narrow, up hill climb with lots of rocks and one or two switchbacks. Not a ton of exposure. I let the :princess: drive up to the lake and she did a great job.

Here's a pano from the small lake (Sherwin?) above Chinn's. No fish caught, but still a great day on the trail with my wife and daughter.

full
Sherwin Lakes were amongst those I never visited back when I lived there. Then about 40 years ago I tried to drive up there in the fall and it snowed enough to make the road impassable.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well...I wanted to finish base lining this copper 85 so I actually have a cruiser I can drive, but thanks to @fl4031003 i ended up getting this 136k locked 95 with cloth interior. Dam Jeff keeps finding these deals and twisting my arm so that I pick them up:). Fortunately I have a spare 80 body to drop on this rig. Just don't know when I'll get to it. big thanks to Jeff for running me to Dallas to get it as my duramax is down right now.

View attachment 1317129 View attachment 1317128 View attachment 1317127 View attachment 1317126 View attachment 1317125 Well...I wanted to finish base lining this copper 85 so I actually have a cruiser I can drive, but thanks to @fl4031003 i ended up getting this 136k locked 95 with cloth interior. Dam Jeff keeps finding these deals and twisting my arm so that I pick them up:). Fortunately I have a spare 80 body to drop on this rig. Just don't know when I'll get to it. big thanks to Jeff for running me to Dallas to get it as my duramax is down right now.

You forgot the best part! No rust and locked!

Jeff

Headed north to the Pigeon River State Forest to do some fishing.
pigeon%20FJ_zps1yobaatm.jpeg

The rivers up there are gorgeous. Fished a couple different sections of the Pigeon. Mostly brown trout.
pigeon%20FJ2_zpsn4kheczf.jpeg

On the way out, stopped in Vanderbilt and found a bar I hadn’t been in before. Cold beer and 1/2 off during fall rutting season. I’m bringing my elk bugle next time....

pigeon%20FJ3_zpsgmn1pw8n.jpeg

Headed north to the Pigeon River State Forest to do some fishing.
pigeon%20FJ_zps1yobaatm.jpeg

The rivers up there are gorgeous. Fished a couple different sections of the Pigeon. Mostly brown trout.
pigeon%20FJ2_zpsn4kheczf.jpeg

On the way out, stopped in Vanderbilt and found a bar I hadn’t been in before. Cold beer and 1/2 off during fall rutting season. I’m bringing my elk bugle next time....

pigeon%20FJ3_zpsgmn1pw8n.jpeg

That's a good looking truck for MI! I used to fish the upper Manistee a bunch back in 90's and below The upper damn with big streamers when Troutsman and Kelly were in Traverse.

Thanks @houstonfj40
Hoss spent his first 30 years in Colorado and is a recent transplant to Michigan. I’ve got a place just south of M-72 on the upper Manistee and was looking for something different this weekend. So I headed up to the Pigeon. I assume when you say upper dam, you are referring to Hodenpyl dam near Mesick. That place has always been hit or miss for me. Either you land a monster or get completely skunked.

We miss Kelly since his move west to The Slide Inn in Montana, but we did get out w/ the family on a camping trip a few years back and spent 3 days at his place on the Madison River. Gorgeous water.

Here’s a Hodenpyl trout I caught a few years back on one of the productive floats.....

manistee_river_upper3.jpg

Finally got all the parts out of the way to begin welding/filling in the messed up key way on the crankshaft. I need to fab up a welding "guard" to slip over the crankshaft to protect as much of the exposed parts as possible. I was very surprised to find that some of the bolts on the timing gears cover were not very tight. A couple of them I could turn by hand. I know that can't be right.

Had this same issue with a 2F I was planning to rebuild repairing it wasn't recommended and was frowned upon. I have a good crank that I got to replace the bad one if your interested.
:beer:

Put a new head gasket in the 2FE- #2 cylinder
2009-02-22 01.45.59.jpg

What the hell is this TRIPLE shifter? You got 2-4, Hi-Lo and ???? Extreme Turtle?!

NP203 gear reduction box between the NV4500 and split-case. Extreme turtle very much so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom