What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally jumped in and replaced the cabin filter, took 5 screws and 15 minutes, got it done, pulled this ugly piece of crap out, I don't know how long it takes to look like this but sheesh it was a forest!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I replaced my cabin filter too! No screws, only takes a minute. The glove box door drops down if you push in on the right side, then it unclips at the bottom and you can set it on the floor and do the filter.

I have replaced my cabin filter 4 times due to my offroad habits over the years.

In the hunt for resolving a multitude of clunks up front I have discovered my swaybar is contacting the lower perch/spring on my coilovers. Further investigating has revealed that my coilovers were installed wrong per the Fox instructions and the spacers on the lower shock mounts are positioned wrong. Hopefully putting them in the right spot will fix another clunk!

I took my swaybars off. A touch more body roll but not dangerous at all. Tested panic steering at highway speed and it is still stable. The aftermarket suspension changes the dynamics of handling to where I am comfortable (plus the Timbren bump stops "catch" the body roll passed a point).

I wondered how it might handle with no swaybars. I ran my 80 without bars for the wheeling season out in CO, but here in the flatlands I probably will not see much offroad action aside from the dunes and UP trails. If moving the shock position doesn't fix it I will certainly pull the front off and see how it does for testing purposes.

I ran with no front for a long time and could not tell a difference. Now with no sways I see what I posted above.

I wouldnt hesitate removing the front if you have stiffer aftermarket suspension

I switched the lower bushings around today and still have clearance issues. There are a couple problems, one is that the swaybar can move side to side a little despite the centering rings. The other problem is there just is not much clearance even with it centered up. Once it slides to the side what little clearance there was goes away. I wonder if the GX runs a larger front swaybar than other 120 series trucks? Anyone else run into this issue? I am going to try some fresh bushings up front. I should just take the darn thing off and see how it does but I am leaving for a trip up the Michigan coast this weekend and am out of time to mess with it sadly.

20160406_180434.jpg

20160406_171325.jpg

Removing it takes less time than servicing the bushings. I promise you won't see much difference

I replaced the swaybar bushings, end links, and installed the swaybar spacers when I did my Icon front coil overs and I have had no problems with clearance.

I am using a Grom BT interface and also added a subwoofer with remote and very pleased with the balance sound of the ML system. I can use my old iPhone for music and also my Note4 audio streaming on Bluetooth. It will accept calls hands-free on my Note4 plus my blackberry for work.

I am using the Grom BT interface as well and it works great. I would love to hear how you installed your sub with the ML system. Did you install a separate amp and use line level inputs from existing speakers for signal or did you find a way to tie into the stock ML amp?

I am using the Grom BT interface as well and it works great. I would love to hear how you installed your sub with the ML system. Did you install a separate amp and use line level inputs from existing speakers for signal or did you find a way to tie into the stock ML amp?

Yeah, me too.

Yeah, me too.
Yes I disconnected the sub speaker wire at the back and connected it to a line level inputs then to a mono amp. It is important to get a remote sub control to balance the output of the amp. My Lx and 98 Lc have aftermarket stereos with old school RF amps, Focal component speakers and subs and the ML system with the added sub is close to at par with the sound quality. I listen to my Spotify via streaming BT on my Note 4 and my itunes from my old iphone. I only installed a $56 Boss mono amp with remote from Frys and a $10 line output converter from Amazon with a spare 10 inch sub. So for a total cost $66, I am happy with this upgrade.

@kbahus do you have the swaybar spacers/reloaction blocks on the frame? I do, and mine doesn't hit. I've taken my front swaybar off and ran that way a few months, even with the RadFlo I definitely noticed a lot more lean.

I got rear-ended, mangled my exhaust and rear bumper cover. Already reached out to @SouthernSS, haven't even talked to insurance yet though.

I switched the lower bushings around today and still have clearance issues. There are a couple problems, one is that the swaybar can move side to side a little despite the centering rings. The other problem is there just is not much clearance even with it centered up. Once it slides to the side what little clearance there was goes away. I wonder if the GX runs a larger front swaybar than other 120 series trucks? Anyone else run into this issue? I am going to try some fresh bushings up front. I should just take the darn thing off and see how it does but I am leaving for a trip up the Michigan coast this weekend and am out of time to mess with it sadly.

I don't think the spacers were installed - Sway Bar Relocation Kit 2003-2015 Toyota Tacoma / 4Runner Relocator Brackets

Yes I do have the swaybar spacers and they seemed to be correctly installed.

20160406_171335.jpg

Take em off unless you have kdss!

Have not got back into the suspension yet but did do a drain and fill on the trans during my lunch break. Got 3 quarts out this time, glad to have a dipstick on my 03!

Modified the factory rack to mount my Spring Creek load bars. Going to add cross bars made from EMT tubing later on. Then we loaded up a couple canoes for some family fishing on the river. It was a good day.

IMG_20160416_074955294.jpg

IMG_20160415_224809965.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom