What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will this work with a 2005 Nav/ML setup? Very interested, I need someway to hook up my phone.
I have the ML w/NAV and I installed the usa spec bt45-toy and it works like a charm. Took 15 minutes to install. Bluetooth connection is solid. Streams music perfectly, audio quality is amazing. When you are listening to the regular radio stations it will automatically switch to the bluetooth to receive the phone. People on other end say that I'm loud and clear and can't tell I'm talking in a Bluetooth microphone. Only minor drawback it has its the phone call volume. You have to turn it up a little bit to have a good volume and then just turn it down after the phone call is terminated. It doesn't both me much. I highly recommend it.

Upgraded to Hankook Dynapro ATm 275/70R17 load range E tires. Tried Cooper AT3 C-range in same size but they were a disaster.

E is stiff! Really tough, but I prefer D now that I have my first set of D in about 6 years :p

tomorrow: Upgrading my rear upper and lower links and panhard to Metal Tech/Icon and getting a final alignment since I got her corner balanced.

Just have to wire in new relays for the fogs and rear LEDs and then I am done until I decide to do the valve cover and oil pan gaskets and the exhaust manifolds.

I sooo need to get that done.

E is stiff! Really tough, but I prefer D now that I have my first set of D in about 6 years :p

These are surprisingly compliant, running them at 38 psi right now - may adjust the pressure a bit anyway. I was concerned about E as well (had previously posted here seeking feedback), turns out to be a non-issue. Suspect it has much to do with the brand/construction/composition, but my concerns were unfounded.

Why a disaster?

The AT3's were so far out of round, it was absurd - and this was 2 different sets of 4 tires. According to the upper limits on 2 Hunter road force variation machines, the rims had almost imperceptible runout (0.002" if I recall), but the tires were around 2X acceptable runout. Ultimately ended up with 1 tire with 14oz, one at 9.5oz, one at 6oz, and one at 4.5oz - and they still weren't close to right. They also presented characteristics very much like flatspotting when sitting overnight - I'd ride down the street from my house, felt like square wooden tires. Lastly, the tread was very squirrelly and they'd follow every single imperfection in the road.

These are surprisingly compliant, running them at 38 psi right now - may adjust the pressure a bit anyway. I was concerned about E as well (had previously posted here seeking feedback), turns out to be a non-issue. Suspect it has much to do with the brand/construction/composition, but my concerns were unfounded.

The AT3's were so far out of round, it was absurd - and this was 2 different sets of 4 tires. According to the upper limits on 2 Hunter road force variation machines, the rims had almost imperceptible runout (0.002" if I recall), but the tires were around 2X acceptable runout. Ultimately ended up with 1 tire with 14oz, one at 9.5oz, one at 6oz, and one at 4.5oz - and they still weren't close to right. They also presented characteristics very much like flatspotting when sitting overnight - I'd ride down the street from my house, felt like square wooden tires. Lastly, the tread was very squirrelly and they'd follow every single imperfection in the road.

Good to know

That's weird, my AT3s are awesome.

Just got some new rubber. General Grabber AT 2's. From what I've read, and feedback from the Expidition Overland guys, one of the best AT for the money.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I did the rear links upper and lower, and pan hard. Also finally got the coils and alignment dialed in.

12885746_10153601475043123_4186186789206137798_o.jpg

painted the front grill black and figured out why my air suspension doesnt work. i dont have the air bags installed in the rear. have coils back there. which is fine since i plan on lifting this with metaltech springs at some point in time anyways. guess i should have paid better attnetion when i was looking at it :p

I am not really sure as I recently picked up the truck, they didn't look very old and they were the updated poly bushings. The problem was they were installed improperly using extra washers in the wrong spots and the bolt was not tightened to spec (or became loose over time) allowing the bushing to oval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom