What did you do to your pig today? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You make a hat out of it while you are polishing your grille so the black helicopters can't steal your thoughts...
It was the black helicopters that told me to buy that Pig. It's all a conspiracy to undermine fuel injection and hybrid cars.

Mine got some parts powder coated.....small baby steps and maybe someday she will be ready

image.jpg

I had to have the '68 towed away...

To a decent mechanic. They have it running good and are working on the brakes as I type. For the first time in my life I have more money than time. Now, to teach myself to weld.... lol. I have a decent welder (Miller 212 still in the box) and a decent grinder.

Looks like I might have a 1F motor for sale soon. Anyone know the market value of one running? Has a GM electronic dizzy and Rochester carb.

I had to have the '68 towed away...

To a decent mechanic. They have it running good and are working on the brakes as I type. For the first time in my life I have more money than time. Now, to teach myself to weld.... lol. I have a decent welder (Miller 212 still in the box) and a decent grinder.

Looks like I might have a 1F motor for sale soon. Anyone know the market value of one running? Has a GM electronic dizzy and Rochester carb.

Cool! Who did you take it to?

Cool! Who did you take it to?
CV Axle in Ft Collins. They don't mind a little rust. They were short on work and I had some extra coin. Should be driving it around by next weekend. I need to do 3 pt seatbelts.... and a full revamp of my seats, almost no vinyl left on the seats... may look into buckets or have the originals re-foamed and covered.

CV Axle in Ft Collins. They don't mind a little rust. They were short on work and I had some extra coin. Should be driving it around by next weekend. I need to do 3 pt seatbelts.... and a full revamp of my seats, almost no vinyl left on the seats... may look into buckets or have the originals re-foamed and covered.

I took my seats to Joe's in Old Town... Of course there are other upholstery guys in town too.

IMG_3660.JPG
IMG_3661.JPG
IMG_3662.JPG
Installed the heater box and duct after re clocking my wiper motor, upgrading the passenger side wiper pivot to a late model post which allows me to use at least the drivers side wiper till I get some late model arms, and installing an fj80 grab handle on the drivers a-pillar...

And found the muffler needs muffelling

Lambcrusher,

you wouldn't have a picture of the late model pivot. I just drilled and tapped one of my old ones, but I think the later style is similar. I'm through with throwing wiper arms off.

LMGTFY...

IMG_3663.JPG
IMG_3664.JPG
IMG_3665.JPG
IMG_3666.JPG

They bolt right up, the links even seem to work, but you'll need different sirclips and arms. As you can see, they are longer. Much more stout IMO than the older ones. I believe there are sleeves that cover them on the outside of the firewall but do not think they are necessary. Hth!

Great info.

Any idea what year they switched? Living in a rain forest I'll be needing the wipers a fair bit...

I'm wondering how the extra length would effect the wiper arm operation as far as contacting the windshield. I'm guessing the extra length is directed inside and moves the arms farther away from the firewall, if that makes any sense.

Thanks for the pictures. I drilled and tapped the shaft and screwed the wiper arm to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom