What did you do to your pig today? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

it's a great little welder- I'd love to have a slightly larger one, now. Might have finally grown up some...

is the wheelbase the same , pics are deceiving it looks short . asking because i have a 74 that i want to bob off behind the ft door and make a shortie out of it

Stock wheelbase +1...inch...if i was cottin to chop me anether un... kinda want to; kinda don't... I'd go back to about 1/3 of the way up the leading edge arch of the rear well, go straight up, right thru braced and gutted rear doors to the top of the door rail and then bridge the gap between the sides at that height with a solid bulkhead and a cap plate. Add some beefy cross members to the floor to tie the rockets together and tie the rear crossmember to the rear bulkhead (removable hart top) cut the b pillars and think real hard about a fold down windshield (virtually impossible$$$)... now, the rear doors MUST open suicide style and if enough beef was afforded in the rockets, crossmembers and rear bulkhead, then the b pillars could just be added to the front door, and you're left with an extracab and chassis- the most functional IMO...a fixed hard top with a fixed b pillar and rear doors that open either way would be cool too...,BUT, I would cut it at LEAST 5" aft of where I did on this ol rig, closer to 9...but then, then you have to go to 63" rear springs and relocate the axle and shock mounts if you want any kind of real bed, which means a new custom gas tank and a new drive shaft and whatever you must do while you're in there.,,the first step is a doozy...I thought about it for over 2 years before I considered doing it...shoulda thought for 3!!!

I have seen a bobed 55 that looked exceptional. A real pro job. It was white. Start a thread with that in the title maybe they will see it.

there was a white bob job (no poke at BOBm) in Los angles in the 90s when i lead the tlca there . was short but functional rear window , the truck that started my swine flu . i need to pull our old records out of the atic and see if i can find him , .. all of my major projects are wraped up . and i have a 74 that is heavily rusted from the door handles down . so its no crime to massage the tin some . i wish i had some pics of the one i saw i remember it cut right after the ft door with a full rear quarter window

I have always liked the proportions of @Gumby 55.

HPIM2942.jpg

Or

pigbob-jpg.273174

It is how you know you're IN...

What's the tinfoil for?
It acts as a good nonabrasive way to remove the heavy rust. Saw it on YouTube and thought I'd give it a shot. 00 steel wool works great on the detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom