Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After getting Lucky back from Scott with alot of new front end rubber, it was a great weekend to explore in the rain.
IMG_20191208_160800.jpg

I am thinking and trying to find the best way to feed after market wires from my new fuse block to my new radio above my head in my fj40?

The oven is very cool but I'm more interested in the levitation conversion for the stove/oven setup. :p I have a very similar stove so I'm curious about your oven offering.

Oven will be available on our website this week.
The stove/oven mount is bolted to the tailgate and swivels out to the side. The mount has pins for the stove to keep it in place.

Last edited:
Oven will be available on our website this week.
The stove/oven mount is bolted to the tailgate and swivels out to the side. The mount has pins for the stove to keep it in place.
Very nice...that setup deserves some more pictures... :p

Awesome!

Very nice...that setup deserves some more pictures... :p

Here you go

Bought a few parts and expecting to be buying some more... New thermostat, O2 Sensors (I got super lucky and found one of the last OEM sets available for the 93-94 model after Toyota discontinued them, I believe they are all gone now), going to be buying a new a new fuel filter, replace/bypass the PHH, and starting to plan out my exhaust. New cats & a muffler guaranteed (want to stay close to stock sound) debating whether or not it is worth redoing the entire system. I've been relegated to the pack of the pack on trips because nobody can handle the smell of the exhaust (rightfully so) and it shoots a fair bit of white smoke. And then whatever else I need to buy to figure out & fix where a new mysterious coolant leak is coming from.

Replaced the brake booster on the ‘96 FZJ80 this evening. I feel accomplished and proud of myself!

*I’m a total neophyte when it comes to maintenance, etc. So, this is a big deal in my tiny mind.

*All credit goes to @OTRAMM ’s YouTube vid showing how to replace without disconnecting the brake lines.

Was a PITA getting the booster in & out, but it wiggled in & out after copious amounts of patience and a couple of breaks walking around the driveway. I took my time and didn’t force it too much. I only stripped (slightly) one nut under the dash reinstalling, too.

Man, it feels good to have normal braking again! Was a tad unsettling to find hard brake pedal occasionally. As a test, I replaced the well worn vacuum hose on the booster; hopeful that it might only be a cheap fix. When that didn’t work, I did the booster. I did it! Stoked!

Next on the list is the PHH and the steering knuckles...

Replaced the brake booster on the ‘96 FZJ80 this evening. I feel accomplished and proud of myself!

*I’m a total neophyte when it comes to maintenance, etc. So, this is a big deal in my tiny mind.

*All credit goes to @OTRAMM ’s YouTube vid showing how to replace without disconnecting the brake lines.

Was a PITA getting the booster in & out, but it wiggled in & out after copious amounts of patience and a couple of breaks walking around the driveway. I took my time and didn’t force it too much. I only stripped (slightly) one nut under the dash reinstalling, too.

Man, it feels good to have normal braking again! Was a tad unsettling to find hard brake pedal occasionally. As a test, I replaced the well worn vacuum hose on the booster; hopeful that it might only be a cheap fix. When that didn’t work, I did the booster. I did it! Stoked!

Next on the list is the PHH and the steering knuckles...

Have you done the ABS LSPV delete? I would highly recommend it, made a world of difference in my LC.

Have you done the ABS LSPV delete? I would highly recommend it, made a world of difference in my LC.

I have no idea what that means! Time to do some internet research, eh?

The LSPV is your load sensing portioning valve in the rear of your LC and the ABS is right next to your master cylinder.

The LSPV is your load sensing portioning valve in the rear of your LC and the ABS is right next to your master cylinder.

Perhaps we can arrange for a delete ABS LSPV soirée, @OffRoadScott? I’ll bring my limited set of tools and cervezas

LC is on (close to) stock wheels/tires. Is this still a good thing to do? No plans for any lift.

Installed new Slee front bumper and cleaned greased and reinstalled my dollar store Chinese winch:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom