Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know where the water fall is either. :(
Drive as far as you can and you'll have to walk upstream for about 1 mile. Thx for the pics

Last edited:
Certainly not a monumental “thing I’ve done to my Land Cruiser” this weekend. But, I replaced the broken rear nameplate on my ‘96 FZJ80. The most challenging part was the removal of 23 year old adhesive residue. Used Goof Off initially, but the effort was not worth the result. Instead, I used a drill attachment I’d found on Amazon and my 12V cordless drill. Worked pretty well!

The only issue was that I’d polished about a US quarter-sized bit of paint clean off the metal. This was due to my leaning too hard on this section with a plastic scraper...

Otherwise, the drill method worked pretty great. Especially for a noob with little (zero) experience on body work.

The second issue was lining up the new nameplate. I eyeballed the placement and didn’t measure. Though, if you consider measuring by touch and feel; I guess I did.

I think it turned out well, all things considered. Figure that the arid southwest won’t have much negative effect on bare metal underneath industrial adhesive; not worried about corrosion.

AES Industries 51823 Smart Eraser Pad (Made in the USA) with Drill Adapter Arbor Made for Efficiently Removing Decals, Vinyl Graphic, Pinstripes, Adhesive and Double Faced Trim Tape
Amazon product ASIN B00488DDB8

7BC30A4A-4467-43F5-8039-1ABB6F7CE914.jpeg

C5027540-4528-4753-A73F-4274FA37AC8F.jpeg

25677F7D-0E8B-4179-9090-E091B31BE8F1.jpeg

Certainly not a monumental “thing I’ve done to my Land Cruiser” this weekend. But, I replaced the broken rear nameplate on my ‘96 FZJ80. The most challenging part was the removal of 23 year old adhesive residue. Used Goof Off initially, but the effort was not worth the result. Instead, I used a drill attachment I’d found on Amazon and my 12V cordless drill. Worked pretty well!

The only issue was that I’d polished about a US quarter-sized bit of paint clean off the metal. This was due to my leaning too hard on this section with a plastic scraper...

Otherwise, the drill method worked pretty great. Especially for a noob with little (zero) experience on body work.

The second issue was lining up the new nameplate. I eyeballed the placement and didn’t measure. Though, if you consider measuring by touch and feel; I guess I did.

I think it turned out well, all things considered. Figure that the arid southwest won’t have much negative effect on bare metal underneath industrial adhesive; not worried about corrosion.

AES Industries 51823 Smart Eraser Pad (Made in the USA) with Drill Adapter Arbor Made for Efficiently Removing Decals, Vinyl Graphic, Pinstripes, Adhesive and Double Faced Trim Tape
Amazon product ASIN B00488DDB8

View attachment 2130829

View attachment 2130831

View attachment 2130832

Where did you get the emblem? Noticed my grandson's 94 is missing half the tailgate emblem.

Spontaneously ran Table Mesa to Seven Springs this past Sunday. I haven't been on that trail in about 3 years and it was a mess. A lot of rock has been washed down the hills after the fires and now is covering the road in a few sections. If not having caught up to a built Tacoma also running solo I probably would've doubled back and called it a day, but we went for it. New River wash was flowing and up to the bottom of the doors and there were two other very rocky water crossings. Unfortunately I bashed my passenger rocker panel getting through a pile of huge slippery rocks covering the trail (that's what I get for putting off buying sliders). It was conveniently located just after a tire soaking mud bog:confused: Still a beautiful day out and the dogs had fun but I wouldn't recommend doing this trail solo after a rain. It was pretty sketchy and took about 5 hours.

20191124_094207.jpg

20191124_100730.jpg

20191124_101950.jpg

Spontaneously ran Table Mesa to Seven Springs this past Sunday. I haven't been on that trail in about 3 years and it was a mess. A lot of rock has been washed down the hills after the fires and now is covering the road in a few sections. If not having caught up to a built Tacoma also running solo I probably would've doubled back and called it a day, but we went for it. New River wash was flowing and up to the bottom of the doors and there were two other very rocky water crossings. Unfortunately I bashed my passenger rocker panel getting through a pile of huge slippery rocks covering the trail (that's what I get for putting off buying sliders). It was conveniently located just after a tire soaking mud bog:confused: Still a beautiful day out and the dogs had fun but I wouldn't recommend doing this trail solo after a rain. It was pretty sketchy and took about 5 hours.

View attachment 2142584

View attachment 2142585

View attachment 2142586
I was up there with my quad last Sunday a week ago before all the rain started and noticed same. strange though as there was so little traffic on the trail that day. We saw 3 vehicles in about 4 hours.

I saw the Tacoma pretty early on, he was hung up trying to exit a wash and we helped each other through that and stuck together until things settled down. I had also passed a 4 Runner that was heading west. Not sure where he came from but I'm not sure he could clear some of the stuff we ended up going over. That was it until closer to Seven Springs and all the side by sides were in full force. I was looking for a scenic day, not a rock bashing expedition haha.

project of the day on the 80 and the LX was: feed weedwacker line down the sunroof drain holes . . . :rolleyes:

Michael insisted on washing the trucks after we went wheeling on Saturday, which is when we discovered both of the A-pillars leaking into the cab on the 80 :rolleyes:

We will wait for the next 250k!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom