Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had to back out of the HITR, the logistics of dropping the family and truck in Moab and returning got too involved.

@blatant we will be joining the 200 owners club 200lcdc.com

there is a pre-trip meet up in Moab, then we are headed to Telluride for 4 days

So many little things left to do before leaving Saturday.

Why do you think I had a frenzy of "look what I did" posts right before 100s in the hills? The only time I get stuff done on my truck is in the few days before I leave on a trip.

Been hitting the trail prep pretty hard the past couple weeks. Getting ready for moab/Telluride trip kicking off Saturday.
Installed the "bro-truck" light bar. View attachment 1747856I swapped out the gears and went with 4.30 ratio from a tundra and 99 cruiser. The factory locker wouldn't clear the sway bar, so I started looking for alternatives. Found a thread in the 80 section where guys were using small air actuators. Which led me to install on board air...
View attachment 1747857

To control the compressor and light bar and roof lights and locker I found a Chinese knock off s-pod on amazon.
It's basically 1/3 the price and 1/4 the functionality.
View attachment 1747859

Replacing the rear brakes and serpentine belt tonight. Should be ready for more adventures.

Any link to the air actuator. I know the 40 series a E-locker actuator is close to the oil pan.

Would also being on engine cooling with the light bar in the grill. When I first bought a Tundra in 2000 was surprised with how well it cooled with what seems very little air flow. Fourth generation 4Runner, 100 series and second generation Sequoia and all cool well in the desert heat with what seems limited air flow.

Elocker to air conversion thread

here's the thread I used to get the part numbers for the actuator.

I would have preferred to mount the light bar across the bottom of the grill, it would have been much easier install, but it would have blocked more of the airflow. the top portion is already blocked by the radiator support, so I took that route.

its been on for a week in the hottest time of year and no ill effects so far.

Had a Tough Dog suspension installed at CBT. Sound like a broken record singing the praises of @murf and the CBT crew, but it's true, they are just awesome.

Shout out to @reevesci for great and fast service getting me the Tough Dog.

full

full

Last edited:
Since I decided to do the body work on the 4Runner myself at some future date, I've decided to do the interior to keep forward momentum.

I made new door cards a few weeks ago. I harvested full panels of an 87/88 SR5 as templates to replace my 3/4 DLX. They turned out pretty good.

IMG_2470.jpg

I pulled the dash of that same truck. It was pretty beat, but I thought I'd use it for practice. I learned some stuff as one of my crack repairs is visible. I'll either get another donor dash or figure out some sort of camouflage.

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg
IMG_2485.jpg

I'll order some vinyl/plastic paint and get started on the interior trim. Then I'll order a new carpet kit. I'll do some sound deadening at that install. Next steps are the interior map lights, inclinometer and maybe some other stuff.

R

I finally got off my butt and installed my lift. I used a place in PHX off Glenrosa that rents out lifts and other small tools. The prices are higher then I am used to, Navy auto hobby shop (free).

It cost me about 100 total that included the cost of the lift, air tools, air hose and a couple of other tools that I had to borrow/rent.

The install took me about 3 hours from beginning to end. The only issue I ran into was the driver's side front shock. I didn't have the swivel I needed to make removing easy. What I did was put a wrench on the top nut and spin the shock with the use of pipe wrench.

But onto what everyone wants to see, pictures.

The first picture is a comparison of the rear springs. The apparent difference is the thickness of the coils themselves, but overall length is not much. The last picture is a comparison of before the lift with the BFG KO2 315/75-16 that I am still running.

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

IMG_0329.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

Changed the oil in rear diff on my GX, new wiper blades, new OEM floor mats

Scotchguarded the floor mats before install.

Installed a rear panhard lift bracket by Delta. Very nicely made product to address the on going 80 series problem of rear side to side movement when hitting bumps along with keeping the axle centered. I was so excited with design and quality we jointed Delta and LCP will be carrying/stocking the Delta panhard brackets. If interested PM we can save you some shipping $$.

View attachment 1735980

Panhard brackets are in stock save $20 with cash pick up
Complete with all needed metric 10.9 hardware, powder coated black

100 and 200 series coming soon:)

SLE5blnKf75S2Q1yJx-QJRWL43StDPmL4QWVnNuossOXJp2XQoHa487Eruk2w1vn3psHVOihT0jtX97CDcuh0VKpHD-tbRBsS5U0ZC_-tsensG2eA9ycZ94ziWM5Rssw1FereVyBic73J2e_axVzmaPLjwGKuK793MHOWJm-Nfq07IdlUwh4sQ197cIjqTw_NLyRANgKwN1WNYPhbRO7NKLxrTVxTq-bfhukPUUoKopxxKE1X3ozHW8o0OUxze3OjKZRdGCthrYhxUJdC2C4lZgyq6OkzHmJuIdt1dgQ7DgZHSqPDJN7JxeJMgtk61JCXaF_MBkgTSQmB3t5yfRAZAk__ENO1q5ZjC8z2MyJsJwXj5dBtmpn8GfOdEiVBjs-G0qn3py5ieoewg3-VxS86Da8VJ0-f4B-GUrqDUFAG6hN4wOYNNh-Yb913WYClpxCrSP6u-M1ZW8GBuRaeJ_NeT7N31EXXGvb1S8na5zXo8IK0_yQjxTikO7s-L5Oq0URMinrtEYLwpNJPOMN0AjdcRu_kIAEDECRJwVXDYS-4DFgnkU1l1DkrbzDfnQ26X1xARqyiKeYyckGCY-tu0u4s2Q8-te6XzE0iDZV3N3y=w533-h947-no

Last edited:
put me down for a 200 version!

wheeled 3 days in Moab, then 3 more in Telluride. Amazing trip. No major mechanical issues this year! only ran into 2 hiccups.
the primary battery moved in the mount and the hold down bar knocked off one of the caps. Coming back into Ouray from Clear lake a crazy thunderstorm dumped rain and hail on us. as the water poured off the mountain onto the road, it kicked out rocks and one dented the back of the passenger side and cracked the tail light.
20180728_174411.jpg

other than that, the compressor/on board air set up worked very well, the new gears were great in the mountains and trails, and somehow the rear bumper survived fins n' things, hells revenge, and poison spider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom