Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also felt froggy enough to get my knees out of the dashboard.
001.JPG
002.JPG

Good one stolen from the passenger side. I need to do some research and see if this is the same nylon gear that goes into an 80 series.

T4R has a decent write-up on this.
Power Seat Repair - Stuck or Barely Moving - DIY - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Thanks, that is who I was talking with months ago. Not sure if it was the same.

Also felt froggy enough to get my knees out of the dashboard.View attachment 1744896 View attachment 1744897

Good one stolen from the passenger side. I need to do some research and see if this is the same nylon gear that goes into an 80 series.

T4R has a decent write-up on this.
Power Seat Repair - Stuck or Barely Moving - DIY - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

I picked up a set of those gears a long time ago. There were.pretty expensive but included more than just the gear.
Mainly the whole seat. Only took me about fourteen years to buy a 4Runner they would fit in.:hillbilly:

Yesterday, drivers window went down, no go up. Murf to the rescue. Goes into "Carnac" mode, correctly diagnoses the problem over the phone, gets me into service the same day. Pulls a master window switch out of his hat and has his crew take care of the rest. He also made time for them to do an oil change. Picked the truck up today. Can't thank Murf and the Camelback Toyota service crew enough.

Goes into "Carnac" mode, correctly diagnoses the problem over the phone,

Over the phone diagnosis is tough, enough guesses and one or two is bound to be correct! :hillbilly:

Good to see you and the wife again!

Been hitting the trail prep pretty hard the past couple weeks. Getting ready for moab/Telluride trip kicking off Saturday.
Installed the "bro-truck" light bar.
IMG_20180623_085352_101.jpg
I swapped out the gears and went with 4.30 ratio from a tundra and 99 cruiser. The factory locker wouldn't clear the sway bar, so I started looking for alternatives. Found a thread in the 80 section where guys were using small air actuators. Which led me to install on board air...
20180718_123218.jpg

To control the compressor and light bar and roof lights and locker I found a Chinese knock off s-pod on amazon.
It's basically 1/3 the price and 1/4 the functionality.
20180718_123048.jpg

Replacing the rear brakes and serpentine belt tonight. Should be ready for more adventures.

@TexAZ

Light bar is discrete and actually looks really good, not too bro'ish at all, imo. Unlike the ones on the roof front, with big, silly brackets, that stick way out over the windshield. :rolleyes:

fwiw, give those headlamps a quick polish for the full effect!

So many little things left to do before leaving Saturday.

polish headlights, electrical projects, new windshield...

Lone Cactus auto glass is top notch, they are bringing in new glass from Tucson because the ONE that was in phoenix that would fit the 200 had a crack in it.

this is our third window to get replaced by them excellent work all around.

thanks for the recommendation @murf

Been hitting the trail prep pretty hard the past couple weeks. Getting ready for moab/Telluride trip kicking off Saturday.
Installed the "bro-truck" light bar. View attachment 1747856I swapped out the gears and went with 4.30 ratio from a tundra and 99 cruiser. The factory locker wouldn't clear the sway bar, so I started looking for alternatives. Found a thread in the 80 section where guys were using small air actuators. Which led me to install on board air...
View attachment 1747857

To control the compressor and light bar and roof lights and locker I found a Chinese knock off s-pod on amazon.
It's basically 1/3 the price and 1/4 the functionality.
View attachment 1747859

Replacing the rear brakes and serpentine belt tonight. Should be ready for more adventures.

Are you in on the HITR side trip?

I may need to go back to Telluride

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom