What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week?

Dissent

Questioning my life choices...
I finished up version 1.0 of mounting plate for the back of my 100 series. I wanted to mount my Puma compressor similar to the way I had it mounted previously in my 80, with quick release clevis pins. I also wanted some additional tie down points.

I used the carpet as a starting template for 1/2 inch Baltic Birch plywood. Made some adjustments, routed the edges, and managed to get the holes lined up for the third row seat mounting points. All of the tie down points are attached through the plywood to the body using existing holes.

Pretty happy with the results so far. Definitely have some plans for future modifications. It worked great on the Mojave road trip, and with the second row removed was able to sleep comfortably in the truck using my Exped mat every night with minimal fuss.

View attachment 1637565 View attachment 1637567 View attachment 1637571
And here's Graham giving me a hand putting the second row back in after I got home from the trip.
View attachment 1637575
I'm looking to do that very plywood floor thing and puma location in my 80. Where'd you pickup non-warped 1/2" Baltic Birch? Home Depot let me down pretty hard last time.

TexAZ, your correct they were put on the wrong side and therefore the curve is forward not backwards. I just tested clearance and I only have about 1/4 inch between tie rods and the wheels at full lock.

Thanks for pointing that out, bummer that I now have to do the whole dealer thing again.

Last edited:

TexAZ

SILVER Star
Sorry man, just saw another set of tie rods that looked suspect.

At least you caught it quick.
Next time you are in Phoenix bring the truck. Would love to see it.
Came out amazing

Roy Park

SILVER Star
Sorry man, just saw another set of tie rods that looked suspect.

At least you caught it quick.
Next time you are in Phoenix bring the truck. Would love to see it.
Came out amazing
Yeah. I was just here for a quick meeting. I want to do a trip out here and do Crown King and some of the fun spots. The reality is, if I come out this way by truck, it’ll probably be the Tundra. Seems like lots of fun go fast spots out here.

murf

Lifer
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

TexAZ, your correct they were put on the wrong side and therefore the curve is forward not backwards. I just tested clearance and I only have about 1/4 inch between tie rods and the wheels at full lock.

Thanks for pointing that out, bummer that I now have to do the whole dealer thing again.
YEP, our bad - very sorry this happened! When you get here at 7am, we will attack it immediately and get the ends swapped and realigned while you have a cup of coffee. The tech is already prepped and will be ready for you.

Otter

SILVER Star
I'm looking to do that very plywood floor thing and puma location in my 80. Where'd you pickup non-warped 1/2" Baltic Birch? Home Depot let me down pretty hard last time.
Home Depot. Found a pretty straight piece, and had them cut it at 5ft, so I have a 3ft piece leftover.

Top Bottom