Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is to hoping that these babies will make my 9mm to 10mm disc brake conversion / life much easier...!!!View attachment 1632705
Nope, back to the drawing board with some new brake line fabrication I think... maybe i will try to make a steel line off the tee that has a 9mm male on one side with a 10mm male on the other side... I think that should work.

Yikes !!

I just added a GX to the fleet so I need to know how to not do this.

Just take my 80 to Payson ? :hillbilly:

HUGE "plonk" at the expansion seam of the Hayden Aquaeduct bridge :eek: - even though there's not a substantial bump

granted, Michael rode the right lane in our 80, I was on the left lane - speed was 75mph

vehicle has >174K miles, judging by Lexus records, the shock was original - dealer service advisor said he has never seen or heard of anything like this

You can start by not doing this:

http://78.media.tumblr.com/94ae11cadf9cec9e047acab58ac08b52/tumblr_mw82v1Dym71s934vgo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mw82v1Dym71s934vgo1_1280.jpg

hey, I didn't jump it - my specialty is levitating

Getting closer with the other side for the drum to disc brake conversion...
20180216_172733.jpg

I also got the M10x1 male brake line fittings, gonna try my hand at single and double flaring tomorrow...

I still have a used Man-a-Fre front disk brake conversion kit for sale

Got one of the new steel lines routed to the calliper yesterday. I was able to make the line with the original 9mm and new 10mm fitting.
1518978995020976723211.jpg

Hit this milestone on the way to Mojave Road. Had a great ROTM/ long trip with our CSC members.

IMG_2739.JPG

I finished up version 1.0 of mounting plate for the back of my 100 series. I wanted to mount my Puma compressor similar to the way I had it mounted previously in my 80, with quick release clevis pins. I also wanted some additional tie down points.

I used the carpet as a starting template for 1/2 inch Baltic Birch plywood. Made some adjustments, routed the edges, and managed to get the holes lined up for the third row seat mounting points. All of the tie down points are attached through the plywood to the body using existing holes.

Pretty happy with the results so far. Definitely have some plans for future modifications. It worked great on the Mojave road trip, and with the second row removed was able to sleep comfortably in the truck using my Exped mat every night with minimal fuss.

IMG_20180219_143430.jpg
IMG_20180219_143457.jpg
IMG_20180217_064321.jpg

And here's Graham giving me a hand putting the second row back in after I got home from the trip.
IMG_20180219_144016.jpg

I finished up version 1.0 of mounting plate for the back of my 100 series. I wanted to mount my Puma compressor similar to the way I had it mounted previously in my 80, with quick release clevis pins. I also wanted some additional tie down points.

I used the carpet as a starting template for 1/2 inch Baltic Birch plywood. Made some adjustments, routed the edges, and managed to get the holes lined up for the third row seat mounting points. All of the tie down points are attached through the plywood to the body using existing holes.

Pretty happy with the results so far. Definitely have some plans for future modifications. It worked great on the Mojave road trip, and with the second row removed was able to sleep comfortably in the truck using my Exped mat every night with minimal fuss.

View attachment 1637565 View attachment 1637567 View attachment 1637571
And here's Graham giving me a hand putting the second row back in after I got home from the trip.
View attachment 1637575

I like your lid insert on your camp box.

On the February ROTM, Ham radio use was heavy and there was some discussion about getting the Amateur Radio license plates with our call signs.

Not wanting to give up my STABWEL personalized license plate, I sought out another option. Only $5 on Amazon.

IMG_20180225_133009.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom