Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@ftbshop great 4Runner you have there!!!!:beer:

I could easily do that for ya.

Wish I would have know sooner. About a week away from leaving. Been holding off on getting tires since I have a couple good 16" tires with 15" Camry rims. I also thought about switching springs because the truck springs are so much lighter. Perches need to be switched and relocated. Believe the rear axle and springs are off a 61 FJ40 and put the pickup springs to shame. Would like at the very least switch axle so I could run 40 series wheels and later model hub caps. Trailer is made from a 72-75 Hilux going by the tail lights and other than the PO roller paint job using house paint the bed is in great shape.

Logged ~250 dirt miles to finish some unfinished business only to add more to the unfinished:rolleyes:

IMG_8506[1].JPG
IMG_8574[1].JPG
IMG_8633[1].JPG
IMG_8635[1].JPG

last weekend my daughter and I took the 80 to lost dog trail on the backside of the McDowells and went hiking - great weather!

hike2.jpg
hike.jpg

Last edited:
Rebuilt the 80 steering box. It certainly pushed my comfort level as a DIY'er. But, the $400+ savings over a reman. Box and $1400 savings over a new "Toyoda" box was my motivation. Got it all put back together, until the adjustment screw and preload tension cover. This was the last step in a 4-5 hour process. Both were stripped, cross threaded and irreparable. I feared this as the disassembly was not as smooth as I would have liked. Thus, I ended up with a reman'ed box that was in stock at Napa, just down the road. Ahhh well, chalk it up to experience

I finally got my exhaust system repaired with new muffler, sounds smooth! Also went ahead and got a new blue cap aisin fan clutch as the previous GMB on there was not holding the AC cool when engine was idle. I also added another 97' 80! Like Phil pointed out last time " does it have the switch?" Yes this one does!! Two on going projects now. Once I get it all figured out I'll swing by CBT to get an inspection. Some pics of the new to me, both and obligatory pic of my first.

24341347_Image_4.JPG

24341347_Image_1.JPG

17820647_10155173226009244_2069619927_o.jpg

17797168_10155173297354244_1612416901_o.jpg

If your planning on keeping the stock bumper, I have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom