Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 80 took me fly fishing with a friend and his son to Chevlon lake on the Rim this last weekend. Had to get there the back way via Heber area on the 504 since the gate on the 300 Rim Road is closed till May. Turns out the gate on the other end was also closed 200 feet from the road we needed to get in.:bang:. Through determination and 4WD, we took some back roads to find our way in - success!
It is a natural Lake so no improvements on the inlet side of the lake which meant 2 things: We had to scrabble scramble up and down the steep embankment and also there were no other people there :D. We caught a couple browns and rainbows. Since there are no barbed hooks allowed on this lake, many fish got off the hook but made it entertaining.
We also had a beautiful bald eagle swoop down and attempt to pull a fish out of the lake 20 feet from where we were. That was cool. only got a bad fuzzy pic of him in the tree...
Wish it was a longer weekend!

View attachment 1442722 View attachment 1442723 View attachment 1442724 View attachment 1442725

Great post! One of my favorite places around AZ there...especially in the canyon. Some great fishing can be had in that area. Glad you enjoyed it and got into some fish Eric.

@murf didn't know you were a fly fisher, been something I have wanted to try for some time.........................

Went up to play in what's left of the snow and stayed in a nice quiet place in the woods.:D
20170418_171252_zps4m7iojts.jpg
20170418_143641_zpsncashzbt.jpg
20170418_190423_zpsalas2of3.jpg

Differnt mama :) u meant @jclarke450 & @crzrmama I think ;), I still need to flex the nice lift you guys put on my ride! :D

:doh:. (ahem) yes Danine, color me embarrased. need to slow down and read closer....:slap:

I should've guessed, their white 200 isn't lifted. Glad youre enjoying yours - looking good!

Finished headliner and installed top with all new OEM gaskets and Cruiser Corps SS hardware, spendy rubber but hopefully it will hold up well. Great meeting everyone Friday night at our CSC meeting. Tom
Headliner3.jpg
Top1.jpg
Top2.jpg
Top3.jpg

Installed new pads and rotors on the 100. Cleaned and repacked the wheel bearings while I had the hubs off.

IMG_7398.JPG

IMG_7399.JPG

Lastly did the much needed headlamp cleaning of the 100. Sanded and clear coated for long lasting results.
Before

IMG_7411.JPG

IMG_7412.JPG

IMG_7410.JPG

IMG_7416.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom